• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

Aki Berg... there's a name I haven't heard in forever.
For good reason. He was a joke.

Hey look a Kings fan makes a good introductory post instead of just coming into the regular thread like SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT SO SALTY SALTY DIS SALT

I actually do like a good number of Kings players(Kopitar is absolutely the best defensive forward on the league) but can't ignore:

1. Brown ending our star rookie's Calder finalist season with some dirty, cheap shit.
2. Stoll once again injuring one of our defenseman in the playoffs(this time our best one) with a hit to the head from behind, effectively killing any chance we had in the series this year.

So yeah....fuck the Kings.

I hear you Acid. I hate seeing players injured thanks to some bullshit. I like a lot of the Sharks too. I think next season if they get their shit together they are really dangerous. I don't really hate teams but yeah I can understand the salt. No doubt I get really salty too.

EdmondD

We got people hating on the forum blue unis now? Classless.

I give Brown a pass on this season, his knee has been messed up since it started. Apparently the brace bothers him a lot, the same way it bothered Kopi during his knee business.

Yeah, man no doubt. At least he is getting hits but he's just not generating.any offense at all. I wish he would curb that dirty shit and show what a true captain should act like.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Haha Modano lookin like he's fresh out of the womb. I need to watch these movies again.

I do suggest watching them, they are still fun.

By the way Gordon's boss fucking straight-up fires him for not waiving his petition to get Cake Eater on the team. Talk about an HR nightmare. Bombay could have owned that POS Duckworth law firm.

I'm gettin' heated over here.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Edmond don't worry about people thinking you're a bandwagoner. We (or I at least) just hate the guys who slide in at the moment of victory, talk mad rapidfire shit, and then aren't heard from again until the next major victory. You are clearly good people and not like that at all.

I actually share your outlook with regards to not hating teams. I do hate certain elements of certain fanbases, though.

EdmondD

Edmond don't worry about people thinking you're a bandwagoner. We (or I at least) just hate the guys who slide in at the moment of victory, talk mad rapidfire shit, and then aren't heard from again until the next major victory. You are clearly good people and not like that at all.

I actually share your outlook with regards to not hating teams. I do hate certain elements of certain fanbases, though.

I understand. I grew up in California. I will always love my hometown. I live in Nevada now though. I don't really see these bandwagon assholes. If I saw these dudes walking down the street I would be like, " What the fuck are you on about?" Justin Bieber wearing an oversized Kings cap? What the fuck is that? Fuck that pussy. If your going to cheer for a team stick with them through thick and thin. Kings are a contender now but man they sucked ass back in the days. That was heart breaking back then but I knew a good team was a potential possibility. Who cares what team wins or loses it's all about watching some good hockey. If Chicago won I would still being watching because Chicago v. New York is a great series regardless of my personal feelings. I'm going to mess with my Dad and tell him Bieber is a Kings fan just to see his reaction. Salty old prick.

Everyone I know (kings fans and the lone Leafs fan) have been talking about how easy NY is going to be, I wish they'd cut that crap out, both teams are going to put up one hell of a fight for this, and while I do think that the kings had one hell of a tough journey to this point, I hope we get to see at least 5 games (6/7 will be detrimental to my heart) of good hockey, I literally have no more fingernails from the blackhawks OT.

I was in NY a few weeks ago and it was so awesome seeing a good amount of Rangers flags and sports fan while working (couldn't find a damn sports bar that would play the kings-ducks game with sound for the life of me though) I missed my LA bar where they have the horns/sirens and bubble snow go off when Kings score

EdmondD

Welcome! What's it like back there in the 90s where we replaced 's' with 'z'?

But seriously, Kopitar is very good.
Yo, replacing 's' with 'z' is da bomb. I may even go so far as to say it's tight. Kopitar forever.
Excuse me while I finish off this rather large bag of Cheetos.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait for it. Waaaait for ittttt.

Well to be fair, Ducks-age doesn't have a decent captain and we're doing just fine.

This is very accurate. Pickles is skillful (like Kopi) in the sense that his posts are good. Kaepaeteatain is like Jack Johnson in that he's eager, keen and makes smart plays but ultimately won't stick around.

PROVE ME WRONG KIDS, PROOOVE ME WROOOONG

It's hard to pick a unique overweight guy with a goatee to rise above the rest to lead you all to the promised land.

You're the Toffoli of Kings-age. New guy who is producing and hasn't done anything obviously dirty.

And wrestling GIFs. So many fucking wrestling GIFs. He'll put wrestling in your lives with every irrelevant wrestling GIF ever. Something happens? Here's a wrestling GIF of a guy doing a haymaker then him saying "Hello what". Did someone say they "can't wait to see the Finals"? Don't worry, here's Alucard with a "YOU CAN'T SEE ME" GIF in action. Was there something funny happening? Here's a wrestling GIF of a wrestler laughing at another wrestler as that wrestler tries to use Pythagoras' theorum to determine the greatest angle to enter the ring at. YOU SHOULD ALL BE AWARE THAT WRESTLING EXISTS THANKS TO THE ALL POWERFUL ALUCARDS SHITTY WRESTLING GIFS.

For every wrestling GIF, I'm going to post a UFC GIF from now.

All I know is that I'm Alex Burrows.

I get injured a lot and only score once a year.

At the risk of sounding like a bandwagoner I'm going to join this thread. I lurk the NHL thread all season and have for many years but that don't mean shit. I'm a true Kings fan though and I understand the apprehension people feel for bandwagon fans. I'm am not one of those fans though. You remember Aki Berg? I do. Fuck that dude. You remember Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh? I loved those guys. It's unfortunate their careers were cut short due to injury. Remember when Jason LaBarbera was our number one goaltender? I hated him although he wasn't terrible.

Kings have accomplished some amazing things this season. I don't even care if they win the cup they pulled some impossible shit. Somebody said these teams are boring. What the fuck are you talking about. Winning three game sevens? An amazing series against the always dangerous Chicago? Chicago always kicks our ass but we pulled through. New York has been just as exciting. Lundqvist is fantastic. Have you been watching the post season?

Don't know why GAF hate the Kings so much but that's alright. Brown and Stoll can definetely be dirty sometimes I won't argue that fact. I hate that dirty shit. Brown hasn't really been much of a captain this season. Regardless of how you feel this is going to be some good hockey. Just sit back and enjoy this is going to be a hell of a series.

Hey, I remember you!

EdmondD

All I know is that I'm Alex Burrows.

I get injured a lot and only score once a year.

Hey, I remember you!
I remember you too Smiley. I like you even though you're a dirty communist who wears a visor. Hope the Canucks can get their shit together and get back to being a good team again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I remember you too Smiley. I like you even though you're a dirty communist who wears a visor. Hope the Canucks can get their shit together and get back to being a good team again.

Yeah that ain't happening for a long, long time.

Too bad we're still better than some other Canadian teams or we'd have a real shot at McDavid...

Clydefrog

Get rid of your avatar, I fucking hate it. You probably like that stupid Cartman chant at Staples Center.

Ency2ZU.gif

Kings in the Stanley Cup again, time for me to dust off NHL '94 and relive my childhood dreams of the Kings winning it all with Gretzky and Robitaille. Man everything seemed like it was going to happen right then, it just had to.
I also liked to switch over to Calgary, play as Fleury and get people injured

I wonder what it would be like if I went back and told my 10 year old self it was gonna happen, but I'd have to wait like 18 years :lol

EdmondD

Kings in the Stanley Cup again, time for me to dust off NHL '94 and relive my childhood dreams of the Kings winning it all with Gretzky and Robitaille. Man everything seemed like it was going to happen right then, it just had to.
I also liked to switch over to Calgary, play as Fleury and get people injured

I wonder what it would be like if I went back and told my 10 year old self it was gonna happen, but I'd have to wait like 18 years :lol

Mario Lemieux Hockey on Sega Genesis is the real shit and will probably never be topped. Loved playing that game at my friend's house.

Mario Lemieux Hockey on Sega Genesis is the real shit and will probably never be topped. Loved playing that game at my friend's house.

You've got to be kidding me. I had a Genesis but I knew that NHL '94 on SNES was the real deal Holyfield.

It was awesome to skate around and check dudes after a whistle went off or a goal was scored. You'd just go ram into your friend's players and knock 'em over in celebration. So great.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.am570radio.com/onair/pet...governors-make-stanley-12422637#ixzz33chUxse0

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York now has even more riding on the outcome of the Stanley Cup matchup between the Rangers and the Los Angeles Kings: a box of organic rice cakes.

California Gov. Jerry Brown has wagered the rice cakes — plus a California history book — on the outcome of the series.

If the Kings win, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has agreed to send Brown a gift basket containing items from around New York and a hockey puck commemorating last year's state budget. The puck celebrates the state's budget hat-trick of three consecutive on-time budgets.

The New York gift basket contains apples, oysters, Italian sausage, Buffalo wing sauce, wines, cupcakes and more items from around the state.

Seriously, California? Rice cakes?

Ray665

Knicks
Jets
Mets
and RANGERS!!!

Not a huge hockey fan at all, but playoffs are so intense and awesome TV.

Not to mention I need NO reason to get drunk and yell . (Its nice to actually have one, haha)

new_york_rangers_wallpaper_5-300x225.jpg

TrueGrime

Knicks
Jets
Mets
and RANGERS!!!

Not a huge hockey fan at all, but playoffs are so intense and awesome TV.

Not to mention I need NO reason to get drunk and yell . (Its nice to actually have one, haha)

new_york_rangers_wallpaper_5-300x225.jpg

You're one of those New York people, eh?

Knicks
Giants
Yankees
Rangers

Stasis

You're one of those New York people, eh?

Knicks
Giants
Yankees
Rangers

This. Though mostly it's just what I was born into. My dad's a NYC sports fanatic and those are the teams. Been to so many games growing up. Couldn't fucking stand Yanks games when I was young, lol. Hot. Long. Wasps/bees on my hotdogs. The fuck outta here!

I used to be really into basketball though, but it's all hockey now. Living in MTL brought that outta me I guess.

We need a new Fallon bet. Kings twitter is usually amusing...

zroid

Banned
Fallon should make a bet with Conan

although Conan worked in NY for most of his career... oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom