• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an Aussie and just started watching with this final series, really good sport. So much skill and I love the physicality of it. Only complaint is the puck can be hard to pick up, the game moves so fast.

Hey fellow Aussie. You'll pick it up after a few games. Don't treat this like footy and try and watch the puck itself, get a feel more for where the players are moving/facing and focus on that instead. The puck will come into your view that way instead.

What team would you say you're cheering on?

Dastardly's new rival?!

Going for the Kings this series! Got a few international friends who are Kings fans.

Welp. This is awkward.

DeSo

Banned
Hey fellow Aussie. You'll pick it up after a few games. Don't treat this like footy and try and watch the puck itself, get a feel more for where the players are moving/facing and focus on that instead. The puck will come into your view that way instead.

Welp. This is awkward.
LOL, take it you're a Rangers fan. :p

And yeah, that's what I've been doing, following the players mostly.

I haven't decided on a team to support yet though, just supporting Kings this series.

I haven't decided on a team to support yet though, just supporting Kings this series.

Actually Dastardly is the 'captain' of Ducks-age. So naturally rooting against the Kings

Welcome to the thread!

QLzjV4v.jpg

Nope, Anaheim Ducks fan. The LA Kings are our rivals :)

I'm sure we'd be able to help you find a team that is worthy of your support! Have you got Foxtel?

Actually Dastardly is the 'captain' of Ducks-age. So naturally rooting against the Kings

You will definitely need to have an interaction with our resident Aussie, Dastardly, who cheer for the Ducks.

D'gay mates!

Werd AcidSmack (congratulations, your celebrity couple nickname is really hilarious)

DeSo, if you wanna see the semi-pro locals, expats and a few working holidayers in action then check out The Australian Ice Hockey League.

Check out your local teams Facebook page and give 'em a Like.

You can find AIHL Games of the Week on Foxtel and livestreams for some games will be available, depending on the team. The two Melbourne teams, Ice and Mustangs usually get some pretty hefty cover of home games because of Icehouse being equipped to handle a live recording studio setup.

Calamari41

41 > 38
DeSo, my dear friend! Have you accepted Wild Wing into your life? He thrust himself on the fires for our sins!

If you could spare just a few moments, I'd love to come inside and tell you more!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't seen it posted yet. Overnight ratings for Game 2:

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 2h
Game 2 did a 4.6 overnight rating for NBC. That's the best SCF Game 2 rating ever for NBC/NBCSN.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 2h
Game 2 did 10.5 in NY, best rating ever for NHL game on NBC/NBCSN in market. It did 8.9 in LA, 2nd best rating ever in market (Gm 6, '12 SCF)

Roflobear

It's been a rough 24 hours, friends. Accidentally read some Game of Thrones spoilers and lost to the final boss in FTL when I had it at the last phase at half health. Not to mention last night's game. Why does the world have to be so cruel?

It's been a rough 24 hours, friends. Accidentally read some Game of Thrones spoilers and lost to the final boss in FTL when I had it at the last phase at half health. Not to mention last night's game. Why does the world have to be so cruel?

yeesh. although FTL just sucks me in more when I'm on repeat losing streaks.

Avoid the comments sections on Ranger blogs for the next two days if you value your sanity. It's getting awfully kingslunky in there

Roflobear

yeesh. although FTL just sucks me in more when I'm on repeat losing streaks.

Avoid the comments sections on Ranger blogs for the next two days if you value your sanity. It's getting awfully kingslunky in there

Yeah I haven't bothered watching or reading anything about yesterday's game lol. So done with hockey
until tomorrow

Calamari41

41 > 38
Don't worry Roflobear, this is still a series. It sucks hardcore to lose two close ones in OT, but that just means it's a close, evenly matched series. Nobody is dominating anybody.

ShaneB

Haven't seen it posted yet. Overnight ratings for Game 2:

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 2h
Game 2 did a 4.6 overnight rating for NBC. That's the best SCF Game 2 rating ever for NBC/NBCSN.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 2h
Game 2 did 10.5 in NY, best rating ever for NHL game on NBC/NBCSN in market. It did 8.9 in LA, 2nd best rating ever in market (Gm 6, '12 SCF)

Great numbers.

Calamari41

41 > 38
How long was the NHL under that godawful OSN/Vs contract? That did more damage to the sport's appeal and popularity than anything possible

bill0527

Not a fan of either team, but last night was a fucking awesome hockey game. I hated to see either team lose.

And yeah..Rangers got screwed on the goalie interference. Now you can say...bu..bu..bu...what about this play where the Kings got screwed or that play where blah blah happened. Well..none of that shit matters because it didn't directly involve an actual goal being scored and affecting the final outcome of the game.

Roflobear

Don't worry Roflobear, this is still a series. It sucks hardcore to lose two close ones in OT, but that just means it's a close, evenly matched series. Nobody is dominating anybody.

Very true. It's just so much more emotionally draining than if we got blown out, oddly enough

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's now Monday here in the part of the country that actually matters, so I'm now officially hyped as all get out. Today will truly be an auspicious day. My office finally gets FiOS internet in the morning, just in time for E3 in the afternoon, and then I get to check off an item on the bucket list by seeing a Stanley Cup Final game at Madison Square Garden.

I don't even want to sleep right now. Let's just fucking get right to it already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom