• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The faces aren't perfect, sure, but I think they're fine enough to know who is who. I don't have a problem with them. They said they're going to animate and show expression, so that probably has something to do with some of the awkward shots.

Acid08

Banned
The faces aren't perfect, sure, but I think they're fine enough to know who is who. I don't have a problem with them. They said they're going to animate and show expression, so that probably has something to do with some of the awkward shots.
They look like real dolls.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Aww, we all loves us some Ducks-GAF, though!

l-The-Angry-Duck.jpeg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Still can't believe that bastard straight-up fires Bombay for not dropping his complaint about Cake Eater.

"Are you prepared to lose your job over a peewee hockey team?"
"Are you prepared to fire me over a peewee hockey team?"

Da baws.

"You know, Mr Ducksworth... you may have paid for this uniform... but you didn't earn it."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Richards and Girardi first on the ice for morning skate. David LeNeveu is out there again, so I guess still no Cam Talbot.

zroid

Banned
These games were so close that I feel if both teams keep playing at the same level, home ice / last change will be enough for Rangers to win.

Obviously Kings have another gear though, and if they flip the switch it could be trouble.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV called out the entire Richards line, saying they need to be better tonight (especially Richards).

Also said he talked to the league about the non-call on the King goal but wouldn't say what exactly was discussed.

These games were so close that I feel if both teams keep playing at the same level, home ice / last change will be enough for Rangers to win.

Obviously Kings have another gear though, and if they flip the switch it could be trouble.
Yeah. The Rangers were playing preeeeeeetty close to max level in Game 2, though a few guys (and the power play) could be better. The Kings definitely have another level to their game, though. I mean, they were actually outhit by the Rangers in Game 2, as crazy as that seems. (Granted, it was 51 to 50, but still.)

We definitely can win at home if we can keep that battle level up, though. We could have won both in LA with a couple bounces going the other way, so there's no reason to think we can't win in MSG. I'm just worried that the Rangers may be feeling the fatigue from Game 2 worse than the Kings due to being less used to that sort of travel.

Giggzy

Poor Lundqvist. I really wanted to see him win a cup, but it doesn't look like it can happen. Hopefully they can do what the Ducks did and win 3 straight. Except maybe they'll be able to close it out.

It's better than what we've currently got.

Like Charlie Coyle being a bleach blond long hair guy with green eyes. It looks closer to real life than what we have now, at least.

I've rationalized that I'd be happy for Orange County's own Clydefrog, TheKaeptain, and Pickles if the Kings win the Cup. Which Is almost a sure thing at this point.

:(

Not gonna be salty. Except at Tabris for the jinx and Dustin Brown for kneeing people and Stoll for successfully avoiding Acid's attempt to end Stoll's life

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've rationalized that I'd be happy for Orange County's own Clydefrog, TheKaeptain, and Pickles if the Kings win the Cup. Which Is almost a sure thing at this point.

Not gonna be salty. Except at Tabris for the jinx and Dustin Brown for kneeing people and Stoll for successfully avoiding Acid's attempt to end Stoll's life

Yeah at this point it's not about salt with me, it's about making next season less unbearable when the Kings come to the Pond. I am happy for the Kings GAF members that you mentioned. Also maybe Wonky, but he's a Bruin so I can't be too happy for him.

The series has been pretty close, but the Kings have taken everything the Rangers have thrown at them. It could easily be 2-0 Rangers, and given how crazy the playoffs have gone it could end up going 4 or 7 games.

That said, the Kings have taken a tougher trip to the Final so they're a lot more battle-tested. The Rangers have to hope that they're the fresher team.

Clydefrog

Yeah at this point it's not about salt with me, it's about making next season less unbearable when the Kings come to the Pond. I am happy for the Kings GAF members that you mentioned. Also maybe Wonky, but he's a Bruin so I can't be too happy for him.

Kings haven't won shit yet.

I'm ready for the reverse sweep and a bunch of hootin' and hollerin' from Ducks-GAF :|

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kings haven't won shit yet.

I'm ready for the reverse sweep and a bunch of hootin' and hollerin' from Ducks-GAF :|

Nothing can ever prepare you for what Ducks-GAF will bring in the event of a reverse sweep in this series.

That said, as I said before the series even started, I will be shocked if this goes beyond 5 games.

Series isn't close to being over and people are already pulling out the heavy duty psychological weaponry. These Ducks-Age jinxes are murder. We're going to need a summer trial if they pan out.

I have the Rangers winning tonight. Think they come out with tons of emotion and heart and take this one. Hopefully the Kings come home 3 - 1 though.

OTOH they need to get past that damn third goal as a team and let it go. Like, seriously, it happened. Whatever you think about it, it happened. Focus on the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom