• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough, I always said if it was mandatory to like an East team as well as the Kings, I would've said the Rangers. Great team, great history, sweet sweaters.

Nah I'm just kidding, but it does make the suppository easier to take.

You gotta start paying attention when a Kings fan says that a fanbase is making them fear for their lives.

I'm with you though. I have never in my life been as pissed off at visiting fans as I was during the 2005 USC/Fresno State game. I was honestly ready to throw down with those fuckers. They had grandmas saying the most vile shit imaginable.

I loved that fucking game. I was eating at Fresno's Dog House Grill watching everyone's heart break as reality came crashing down on them. I was also there this year watching overrated Carr get his shit pushed in.

My buddy's GF had on a USC hat and some dude tried to spit on her.

Nah I'm just kidding, but it does make the suppository easier to take.

You gotta start paying attention when a Kings fan says that a fanbase is making them fear for their lives.

I'm with you though. I have never in my life been as pissed off at visiting fans as I was during the 2005 USC/Fresno State game. I was honestly ready to throw down with those fuckers. They had grandmas saying the most vile shit imaginable.

Tim Ryan, Exec VP and COO of the Ducks is a CSU Long Beach alumni, so that's something for me.

Fresno has nothing to live for so they take it out on the rest of the world.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I loved that fucking game. I was eating at Fresno's Dog House Grill watching everyone's heart break as reality came crashing down on them. I was also there this year watching overrated Carr get his shit pushed in.

If we had lost, I probably would have ended up in jail.

Yes, basically this. Thankfully they're incredibly easy to make fun of to their faces. So much ammo to work with.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a boring ass finals, can't believe they made it this far in all seriousness. Congrats to the kings fans, they have one hell of a playoff performing team.
Taking out the other teams goalie is a pretty great way to get to the finals. Aside from this round, the Kings have had one of the most exciting Cup runs in recent memory. All those people saying the cup was won last round between the Kings / Hawks was right. I'm pretty jelly of Kings fans.

Tim Ryan, Exec VP and COO of the Ducks is a CSU Long Beach alumni, so that's something for me.

If we had lost, I probably would have ended up in jail.

Yes, basically this.

You would not believe the amount of people that love living here.

Maybe it's because I've actually lived in other countries and cites but Fresno is a blackhole with no culture.

You would not believe the amount of people that love living here.

Maybe it's because I've actually lived in other countries and cites but Fresno is a blackhole with no culture.

I know Fresno has some cool house parties with the larger/cheaper homes. But when you walk outside it's still Fresno.

That's like too far from the beach

I was going to jump in on the Fresno hate train but I'm trying to maintain positive and good vibes for tonight.

Fresno is a pleasant place to be for five to ten minutes during an Amtrak stop.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was going to jump in on the Fresno hate train but I'm trying to maintain positive and good vibes for tonight.

It's actually a pretty inspiring success story that a colony of people with brain damage were able to create a more or less operational city.

I know Fresno has some cool house parties with the larger/cheaper homes. But when you walk outside it's still Fresno.

That's like too far from the beach

One good thing about Fresno is how close it is to the sierras.

Dude the amtrak is in the ghetto. North Fresno is actually a really nice place to live. It's like Orange County lite. South Fresno is like Oakland and East LA fucked and whatever they spawned decided to make that part of Fresno its home.

Fresno is most def the nicest part of Central Valley. It is probably the best county in CenCal too. Most of the world's fruit and veggies are from here. So the county has more money than everyone around it.

One good thing about Fresno is how close it is to the sierras.

Dude the amtrak is in the ghetto. North Fresno is actually a really nice place to live. It's like Orange County lite. South Fresno is like Oakland and East LA fucked and whatever they spawned decided to make that part of Fresno its home.

Ah man I like Oakland :( Everyone I know from highschool left San Francisco for Oakland and Berkeley because of rent.

There is really nothing to talk about until game time since AV didn't announce who is starting or line changes.

I guess we can talk about every quote from the Rangers locker room sounding like a white flag being raised. But I'm under the impression that AV is going to handle that, get their heads clear, and have them ready to play tonight.

Ah man I like Oakland :(

I guess we can talk about every quote from the Rangers locker room sounding like a white flag being raised. But I'm under the impression that AV is going to handle that, get their heads clear, and have them ready to play tonight.

Oakland has improved recently, but poster is probably referring to the areas of Oakland where they stab Acid because he's not donned in black and silver Raider attire... which is also what happens in some parts of LA.

RAIDER NATION where you're a fan for life or else.

Raider_Nation-574x408.jpg

Cat Party

I'm originally from Fresno. Oh god how I miss the Dog House Grill. That's pretty much all I miss.

But yeah, it's a Sharks town because that's the team whose games are on TV.

I've been arguing about Shakespeare's Sonnet 30 for like two hours now. Crazy.

I won't be posting during the game but Rangers-gaf you're all cool dudes. I think they'll win tonight and extend the series. Of course I want the Kings to close it out but you never know in Hockey.

I'm originally from Fresno. Oh god how I miss the Dog House Grill. That's pretty much all I miss.

But yeah, it's a Sharks town because that's the team whose games are on TV.

Dog House is godlike. I might end up there tonight. World Sports Cafe at Riverpark closed so Dog House is the best sports bar left in town.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

They sound a lot better today. They were all just in a sour mood yesterday (understandably).

They sound a lot better today. They were all just in a sour mood yesterday (understandably).

Honestly, it's easy for me to say they need to get over things like the interference goal or the bounces the Kings have gotten, but it has to be real hard to play three games like that in a row at the biggest point in your career. I'm not sure I could shake it off myself. This series could be 2 - 1 in either direction if they had closed out at least one of those games, gotten at least one lucky bounce, etc. Has to eat away at you.

But that's what your leadership and coaching staff are for, and it sounds like NY has them ready to come out.

Acid08

Banned
Oakland has improved recently, but poster is probably referring to the areas of Oakland where they stab Acid because he's not donned in black and silver Raider attire... which is also what happens in some parts of LA.

RAIDER NATION where you're a fan for life or else.

Raider_Nation-574x408.jpg
Gentrification is taking over Oakland. Pretty soon even Smelly will be okay with the thought of living there.

Acid08

Banned
I've been to a few ECHL games in Stockton, their little arena is actually really nice. Nicest thing in the entire city tbh.

dream

NEW YORK, N.Y. - On the verge of winning the Stanley Cup, Drew Doughty remembers what it was like facing the same 3-0 hole the Rangers have now when the Kings faced the Sharks in the first round.

What he recalled does not reflect kindly on the likes of Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Dan Boyle.

"Once we won that first game of the San Jose series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series," Doughty said Wednesday several hours before Game 4 of the final. "And you could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back. So we don't want to give these guys any life."

Lol@Drew looking into Thorton's eyes and seeing the bitch in him.

When we roadtripped to Disneyland, we stayed one night in Stockton. My dad and I went to get food and took a wrong turn. I told him we were lost but he insisted that we were going the right way since he remembered a Taco Bell near the hotel. Turns out there were two locations close to each other.

Sketchiest detour though was when we were in LA and took a wrong exit into Santa Monica. This was before GPS's were around so we drove around a really sketchy part of town trying to get back onto the highway. We ended up asking someone at a Greyhound depot for directions since that place looked the safest to stop at.

Acid08

Banned
"After we injured their best defenseman we knew we would be able to come back! Also I, Drew Doughty, sexually assault women at parties."

Sketchiest detour though was when we were in LA and took a wrong exit into Santa Monica. This was before GPS's were around so we drove around a really sketchy part of town trying to get back onto the highway. We ended up asking someone at a Greyhound depot for directions since that place looked the safest to stop at.

Wrong exit into Santa Monica in downtown, damn you were lost :p

"After we injured their best defenseman we knew we would be able to come back! Also I, Drew Doughty, sexually assault women at parties."

This is Stoll's kind of party.

px2mCU7.jpg

Edit: is Vlasic fine now? Or does he still have concussion symptoms?

And you should back off of Doughty. Charges weren't filed. He's only an accused rapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom