• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That Rangers power play... juggle the personnel or something. Chemistry means nothing when the Kings know exactly how to defend it. They also seem to lack a big shot from the point; I assume Diaz has a good shot but it's probably not worth sitting someone else just to trot him out for a few minutes.

Also someone should tell Nash that power moves don't work 1v3.
John Moore has a hell of a shot from back there, but he doesn't get to use it nearly enough. The big issue is Richards at the point.

The good news is one more loss and we won't ever have to see it again.

I'm confused on what the actual point of the game is. Exploration is fun and all, but what else?

Also the fact that it's being made by a 3 man team (i think) and it's procedurally generated makes me want to keep my hype in check. Sounds too ambitious to be honest. I hope I'm wrong.

There was something about potentially finding artifacts and discoving the "secret behind the universe" and stuff. Maybe that?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...rn_demeanour_hides_generous_heart_arthur.html

He knew it wasn’t, because his father once read an article that mentioned Sutter’s third child, Christopher, who has Down syndrome. The father read the piece aloud with Henry. Henry wrote Sutter a letter. Sutter was the coach of the San Jose Sharks.
Sutter wrote back by hand, on Sharks letterhead. When the Sharks came to Chicago, Brian and Henry and their father were invited to a morning skate, and Darryl met them in the stands. Not everyone knew how to speak to Henry. Darryl did.

“I’d rather just take care of my family in the locker room, and my family at home, and then people that I think should be taken care of"

“It makes them feel good. And that’s sort of what we’re supposed to do in our lifetime, is make people feel good. So when I get the opportunity to do that, I’ll do that.”

Pretty amazing article and it perfectly illustrates that we often lose the human element through sports journalism.

849593215.gif

I imagine Carcillo will not have an impact.

Who did you expect to post in here? Kings-GAF is non-existant and Rangers-GAF is small and they're getting blown out.

I guess I was expecting a little more Kings/Rangers posts in a whole day. Albeit an off day. So Rangers gonna win tomorrow to avoid embarrassment at home? Hopefully it picks up tomorrow on game day if Ranger fans haven't given up

God damn! I thought this thread was about the Kings vs. Rangers, not how much the ducks were the better team this year. Not even Chicago, San Jose or New York is complaining this much.

Well that was great.

I couldn't hear at the bar but someone told me Ranger fans booed them off the ice? That's awful.

They sure did. actually got booed during their power plays too

Yeesh. Couldn't imagine booing a team in that situation. That's terrible.

Kaep, are you going to Low End Fest this weekend? I think I remember you being interested in Low End in general

Ppppppffffttttt "priorities" and "being a good person" and "adulthood". YOU USED TO BE COOL MAN

I have the Rangers winning tomorrow. Play themselves out of MSG with pride and Kings close at Staples. All the media I've read makes the Rangers sound like they've already accepted defeat though.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Dang NBA thread has 45 pages to our 32. Quality over quantity, right guys?

Kings fans from the first page or two waiting until their fourth win is in the books before they put themselves out there. Then they will be all about "dat salt."

No but I admire Kings-GAF's refusal to go into celebration mode and pretend that we all don't know they will waltz through this game tonight and the 2013-14 season will be a distant memory come breakfast time tomorrow.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Looks like you've got a head start in that department.

Huh? I don't follow. I've been congratulating Kings-GAF for two pages and am on the record as stating that tonight's game is a formality.

Edit: Oh, wait, you're that guy from the other night. Have fun, I guess. I won't be replying to whatever you manage to screed out next.

Huh? I don't follow. I've been congratulating Kings-GAF for two pages and am on the record as stating that tonight's game is a formality.

Edit: Oh, wait, you're that guy from the other night. Have fun, I guess. I won't be replying to whatever you manage to screed out next.

I know so many people being greedy, hoping the kings lose so they can see the ceremony in LA. Gotta put the rangers away asap if possible that team is no joke.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I know so many people being greedy, hoping the kings lose so they can see the ceremony in LA. Gotta put the rangers away asap if possible that team is no joke.

It's an easy mindset to fall into, for sure. Gotta take the kill when you have the clear shot. If Game of Thrones has taught us anything, its this.

No one's really been too salty since Dallas got eliminated and Kingslunk had that tirade about shoves being a 5 minute fighting penalty.

kingslunk used up all the resources

Polyh3dron just trying to extract more salt but there's little left.

ya never know

Maybe he will be their lucky charm.

Could be enough of a pest to make a difference this game who knows.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn between wanting to avoid a sweep and wanting to be able to just fucking shave already.

Also, fuck the Kings for making the resale value of Game 4 tickets plummet. :D

Today was the first time in probably a good month or so that I didn't see any Rangers gear during my morning commute on a game day. And the newspaper front pages are all about the Knicks today. I think we're well into the acceptance stage at this point.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 44s
Biggest thing out of AV's presser was coach's disappointment nobody asked him to do his prepared imitation of the coach from Netflix ad.

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 24s
AV won't reveal Game 4 lineup but when asked about Carcillo he says "like always he would bring real good energy" if he plays. #NYRCupFinal

Sounds like he's in.

fallout

It's an easy mindset to fall into, for sure. Gotta take the kill when you have the clear shot. If Game of Thrones has taught us anything, its this.
Game of Thrones has taught me that it doesn't matter if you take the shot or not. Someone has already plotted your demise.

The Wire has taught me that if you come at the king, then you best not miss.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Rags are done and will be swept. Plenty of chances to win the first two games of this series but couldn't hold on. Third game shutout at home, and fourth game swept. What a boring ass finals, can't believe they made it this far in all seriousness. Congrats to the kings fans, they have one hell of a playoff performing team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Weren't the Penguins about to win a boring easy series after winning 4 straight against the Rangers earlier in these playoffs?

ShaneB

I'm just sad the series doesn't look like it will end in a great game 7 climax. Never know, but sad to see the attention just nosedive.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Weren't the Penguins about to win a boring easy series after winning 4 straight against the Rangers earlier in these playoffs?

If the pens won 4 straight against the Rangers, then they would most likely be in the finals, no? So I'm not sure I understand your question. And this has really nothing to do with the under performing penquins. The rangers simply can't match the depth the kings have, it's really quite simple. Games 1 and 2 were their best chances, hell they had multiple goal leads in those games and couldn't finish. Nothing they've done against the kings proves they will be able to hold a lead or change the outcome of this series.

That Penguins team and this Kings team could not be more different.

One team has no depth or grit and the other does, it's fairly obvious the kings are one of the best playoff built teams in the league.

I have a feeling I am going to be the Kings fan in this bar in Fresno. Everyone around here seems to love the Sharks.

Well my mom's god son is going and he also loves the Kings.

I'm just sad the series doesn't look like it will end in a great game 7 climax. Never know, but sad to see the attention just nosedive.

I don't think any game will ever top off that 2012 finals game.
Then that 6-1 final score was beyond icing on the cake.

I seriously lost it
(got into car, drove around like a crazy person, honking at ever car who had a kings flag or sticker)

Calamari41

41 > 38
Et tu Calamari?

Nah I'm just kidding, but it does make the suppository easier to take.

There might be some but not a whole lot. In 2012 there were more people rooting against The Kings than for them. Literally thought I was going to be stabbed by Bulldogs.

You gotta start paying attention when a Kings fan says that a fanbase is making them fear for their lives.

I'm with you though. I have never in my life been as pissed off at visiting fans as I was during the 2005 USC/Fresno State game. I was honestly ready to throw down with those fuckers. They had grandmas saying the most vile shit imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom