• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sharks have had some really bad mistakes that the Pens scored on. It's aggravating that the mistakes are so bad that you can't believe they even thought it was a good idea to do what they did. Kudos to the Pens for taking advantage, but those brainless stupid mistakes are really killing us right now. I don't think we're going to get swept, but making really bad mistakes against a good team is ultimately going to be the death of us. I don't think we're going to get swept, but I just don't think we can come back from this with how badly we're playing and how solid the Pens are playing. In many ways they're beating us at our own game and executing the things we want to do.

The pens have had a lot sloppy plays and missed passes. Couple that with Murray being extremely lucky with the posts last night and things aren't that out of reach. Murray had some bad reads that gave me panic attacks, but he's come up great on some breaks too.

The sharks coach made some good adjustments in the third and those 5-8 minutes of play at the end really showed. However, Sullivan has been making great adjustments in rounds 2 & 3.

I am not nearly as confident right now as some other Pens fans. I think we've been playing extremely well, but its been way too close for me.

Great. Now the Sharks have to win four of the next five. Please, hockey gods, make it happen.

They're done, though.

Sharks can't think like that or they're done. One game at a time. They don't have to win 4 of 5 right now. They have to win on Saturday. For them, Saturday is a must-win game.

The first 5-7 minutes they are going to try to push the Penguins right out of the arena, and their fans are going to be as loud as they can possibly be.

The Pens need to weather that rush, and frankly if they can get one behind Jones early then all the air will go out of that place.

Socreges

Banned
He is. You don't win faceoffs consistently if you're not cheating in some way.

I'd probably like Sid a lot more if he wasn't a Penguin. But such as it is, the Pens are supremely unlikable so he must be as well.

Edit: lol at people lauding Crosby's maturity for not retaliating against Jumbo. He held him against the boards to get under his skin. He got the exact reaction he wanted.
This is a saltier Foggy than I've ever seen for the BJs.

As someone who hates Kessel, I will be pissed if he wins the conn Smythe. The sad thing is, he deserves it a he'll of a lot more than Crosby.

Who again is very average in the playoffs.

If the Penguins win, why not give the Conn Smythe to Murray? He has 13 of their 14 wins in these playoffs, 2.13 GAA and .926 SV%.

Otherwise none of the Penguins skaters have been fantastic offensively. Kessel has 10 goals and 19 points in 20 games and he has the most on the team.

The top 3 playoff scorers are on the Sharks (Couture, Pavelski, Burns).

If the Penguins win, why not give the Conn Smythe to Murray? He has 13 of their 14 wins in these playoffs, 2.13 GAA and .926 SV%.

Otherwise none of the Penguins skaters have been fantastic offensively. Kessel has 10 goals and 19 points in 20 games and he has the most on the team.

The top 3 playoff scorers are on the Sharks (Couture, Pavelski, Burns).
Yeah I was going to say Murray or possibly even letang with the minutes he put in to begin the playoffs.

Crosby didn't even win last time so not sure why someone would think he's the favorite this time.

Where you see this?

Doesn't look good.

the Sharks only saw Hertl out on the ice for about two minutes of practice on Friday morning, skating sparingly in a track suit before leaving the ice altogether. Tribune reporter Michael Russo suggests that this was the result of Hertl getting a bit roughed up during game two by Penguins forward Patric Hornqvist.

zroid

Banned
Murray has been very good but there's really no justification for giving him the award when the goalies the Pens have faced in the ECF and SCF both outplayed him (so far)

Murray has been very good but there's really no justification for giving him the award when the goalies the Pens have faced in the ECF and SCF both outplayed him (so far)

So who would you give it to then? Kessel? Sort of want Kessel just for the Toronto riots...

Not sure what jinx you're talking about. This has been our best season in a long time, and we're just two easy games away from taking the Cup back home to Philadelphia. If I've been jinxing us this whole time, then bring on the jinx!

You're not a nice person :'(

zroid

Banned
So who would you give it to then? Kessel? Sort of want Kessel just for the Toronto riots...

You're not a nice person :'(

I would love nothing more than that, although I think there's a good case for giving it to a Shark even if they lose. Burns is very deserving, he's had an unbelievable post season.

The pens have had a lot sloppy plays and missed passes. Couple that with Murray being extremely lucky with the posts last night and things aren't that out of reach. Murray had some bad reads that gave me panic attacks, but he's come up great on some breaks too.

The sharks coach made some good adjustments in the third and those 5-8 minutes of play at the end really showed. However, Sullivan has been making great adjustments in rounds 2 & 3.

I am not nearly as confident right now as some other Pens fans. I think we've been playing extremely well, but its been way too close for me.

Couldn't agree more, both games have been close and honestly a few bounces could have taken this series in a whole different direction. I feel will feel a lot more confident if they win game 3 tomorrow.

Couldn't disagree more with this, aside from a few hiccups he has been amazing this postseason and if they win it all, he will have accomplished a historic feat(especially considering he only played a handful of games before the playoffs) With Fleury in goal, I don't see the pens making it past the second round.

Outside of him, it would have to be Kessel all the way.

zroid

Banned
Couldn't disagree more with this, aside from a few hiccups he has been amazing this postseason and if they win it all, he will have accomplished a historic feat(especially considering he only played a handful of games before the playoffs) With Fleury in goal, I don't see the pens making it past the second round.

Outside of him, it would have to be Kessel all the way.

Sure, it's very impressive. Not taking anything away from him. But the Conn Smythe doesn't give bonus points for being a rookie. Vasilevskiy and Jones have been better than Murray. Optically it just doesn't make sense to give an MVP award to a player who wasn't even the most impactful at his position in the last two series he played in.

As for Kessel, 100% in favour of that!

Futureman

Crosby is only 2 points behind Kessel right now and has been the more impactful player IMO. 3 GWG in the Bolts series, everyone is talking about how he set up the game winner the other night, everyone talked about his effort in Game 1 vs the Sharks... I'd say it's going to go to Crosby if the Pens win and Kessel doesn't have some monster games.

Sure, it's very impressive. Not taking anything away from him. But the Conn Smythe doesn't give bonus points for being a rookie. Vasilevskiy and Jones have been better than Murray. Optically it just doesn't make sense to give an MVP award to a player who wasn't even the most impactful at his position in the last two series he played in.

Murray outplayed Lundqvist and Holtby in the first two rounds. Sure he hasn't stolen any games, but he's been plenty good and the stats show it.

I doubt Justin Williams was the consensus pick in 2014. Fewer goals than Gaborik and fewer points than Kopitar.

Sure but he's had more goals too. Also, I've never been a huge fan of GWG as some kind of metric. He got those when we already had leads and we happened to blow them up until his goal. It's not like he kept getting the winning goal after it was a tie game or sudden death.

Alucard

Banned
Sure but he's had more goals too. Also, I've never been a huge fan of GWG as some kind of metric. He got those when we already had leads and we happened to blow them up until his goal. It's not like he kept getting the winning goal after it was a tie game or sudden death.

Don't forget the OT, brother.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone have some friendly bets going on this series?

I bet one co-worker five bucks that the Pens would win, and another co-worker a lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom