• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Etem was traded to the Canucks for another disappointing prospect. He got better toward the end of the season and finished with 5 goals in his last 5 games or something.

Benning with the fleece

Scuds for Daley might be the trade of the century. I was absolutely floored when I heard that JR managed to trade Scuderi away. He was by far our worst D and had a $3.5m cap hit that couldn't be buried in the minors and went through next year. I would have traded him for a conditional 7th rounder so the fact that we got a defensemen that excelled in our system and helped unlock our speed game still blows my mind. I know Daley had a rough go of it in Chicago but he fit in perfectly here and rebuilt his game, it was a brilliant move by JR. It really sucks he can't play in the Finals.

Our D-core in general has been great and really stepped up. They're ignored or undervalued by pretty much everyone because they're collection of misfit toys (Schultz, Daley, Cole, Lovejoy) and good prospects from our system (Maatta, Dumoulin, Pouliot if I'm feeling generous) that aren't flashy but work well as a unit.

If the Pens can wrap it up tomorrow and we get to see Duper raise the cup....oof it's going to be rough. There's going to be so many emotions flowing through that arena and city.

Calamari41

41 > 38
A thread about Weird Al being too "socially-offensive" and "culturally-insensitive."

It finally happened. OT GAF went too far for me.

Quick

Banned
The Saga Begins has to be the most offensive song, imho.

Totally ruins Star Wars: Episode 1. I've seen the movie already, but I'm offended for other people.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Saga Begins has to be the most offensive song, imho.

Totally ruins Star Wars: Episode 1. I've seen the movie already, but I'm offended for other people.

I was reading some of his interviews recently and apparently he didn't have access to the script or anything. He wrote that song based entirely on internet rumors. Good thing they turned out to be right! Ballsy.

Wait, is it offensive to say "ballsy?"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading some of his interviews recently and apparently he didn't have access to the script or anything. He wrote that song based entirely on internet rumors. Good thing they turned out to be right! Ballsy.

Well I don't want to say I've reported you, but I hope you weren't planning on posting for a little while.

Quick

Banned

Offending people with testicular cancer and women isn't a good look for you, Calamari.

Yeah, he based it all on internet spoilers, but eventually got to watch a pre-screening for charity and only had to make minor edits, according to Wikipedia.

I guess Sherman left the Avs. He sucked, but he probably brought in more talent than Sakic/Roy. Under Roykic we're going to lose Stastny, O'Reilly, Barrie and possibly Duchene.

edit: wrong thread.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Pittsburgh GAF, where you going for the game on Thursday?

Outside the Consol Energy Center. Probably at a bar across the street for most of the time though. I think the place is called the Blue Line Grille.

Ray Wonder

I live a couple hours away and want to drive up, but I'm torn between doing that or staying at home with my winning routine. :]

I've done different things for each game, so I have to continue that.

Also, I'm literally 15± minutes away from Consol and it's the best.

Ray Wonder

Blue Line was bought out, its Buford's Kitchen now. I havent been there since the change

Hmm. Ok, well it's nice there! I was there a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't remember what it was called so I looked it up and it said Blue Line Grille. Guess they haven't updated it online yet.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Outside the Consol Energy Center. Probably at a bar across the street for most of the time though. I think the place is called the Blue Line Grille.

Yeah, I work downtown pretty close to there. I haven't decided where I'm going to go yet. Shit will be insane down here if they pull it off.

Futureman

Have the Pens announced anything about showing the game outside Consol tomorrow? I feel like everyone I talk to says they are going to watch outside the stadium tomorrow and it's going to be a zoo.

Ray Wonder

Yeah, I work downtown pretty close to there. I haven't decided where I'm going to go yet. Shit will be insane down here if they pull it off.

Yeah, It's probably going to be a little rowdy.

Have the Pens announced anything about showing the game outside Consol tomorrow? I feel like everyone I talk to says they are going to watch outside the stadium tomorrow and it's going to be a zoo.

Have they announced that they are showing it? Is that what you're asking?

Or do you mean have they said anything about the specifics of watching the game outside because it's going to be so packed?

I'm sure they'll show it outside, but I don't know how they're going to control the crowd.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Pens toughest match up this playoffs was the TBL. Fast speedy forwards can really damage the likes of Maatta Cole Lovejoy and Schultz. I cannot say enough about Palat Johnson Kucherov and Drouin. They are all so darn good. that triplet line might be the best line in the league.

Pens defensive forwards don't get talked about enough. hag bonino fehr kuhn crosby and cullen all play extremely stout defense.

Alucard

Banned
One more day.

wbnYMG9.jpg

Pittsburgh has lost a series in 2011 and 2014 when they were up 3-1 in the series and both times had home ice advantage... Just throwing that out there....

Pittsburgh has lost a series in 2011 and 2014 when they were up 3-1 in the series and both times had home ice advantage... Just throwing that out there....

This team is the polar opposite of those Bylsma teams. There is zero chance we make it past the Caps if we were still as mentally fragile as those teams were.

no team has lost in the SCF when being up 3-1 since 1942

Pens were up 3-1 against the rangers this year and closed it out in 5. Pens are not coached by mike johnson or dan bylsma this year

Socreges

Banned
One more day.

wbnYMG9.jpg
You're like MetatronM except Metatron doesn't share his meaningless factoids in pictures

I look forward to the celebratory photoshops, Alucard. I missed that season since I lived abroad and feel like I never truly appreciated why people hated you so. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom