• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

Delryk

come on.. you know you guys want to...

perfect-Morning-Stretch-Exercises.gif

ggs tonight Aces & Dok

undefeated tonight, beat 3 annoying chimp teams, made 2 others quit

that 1st game was a thing of beauty as we cycled and just completely overwhelmed them on the forecheck and in the corners all game long. That was probably my favorite game of the entire year because we played such a realistic brand of hockey and it was my most effective game as a forward in a looong time. good shit!

Stat!

ggs tonight Aces & Dok

undefeated tonight, beat 3 annoying chimp teams, made 2 others quit

that 1st game was a thing of beauty as we cycled and just completely overwhelmed them on the forecheck and in the corners all game long. That was probably my favorite game of the entire year because we played such a realistic brand of hockey and it was my most effective game as a forward in a looong time. good shit!

Absolutely. Those games showed how good of a team we are. Just soldi as heck, like a well-oiled machine. Just easy games as we rolled.

I really enjoyed those wins. Especially since the teams had like 99 hitting and 99 strength.

We played a few of those teams tonight. Can't stand being barely nicked and then flying across the ice like I've been slung by a giant slingshot bouncing around like a fish.

RS4-

Yeah, after that first goal we gave up, we just steam rolled the rest. I don't think it was even a PP when we had the cycle going on for what felt like a solid minute and a bit.

Milly79

Soooooooooo.

I know it hasn't been fully revealed yet, but if Xbox is always online, no used games, will anyone be switching to PS?

RS4-

Pretty tired of paying for Live. And yeah, not being able to buy used/resell, I just won't bother with the system.

Stat!

Soooooooooo.

I know it hasn't been fully revealed yet, but if Xbox is always online, no used games, will anyone be switching to PS?

Yeah, that'll be a big one for me. I'll wait and see because I think we'll need a full reveal to understand as everything is simply rumours.

NHL 14 will likely only be on 360/ps3. But for future games, I'll see which I'm getting. If it's a big issue, I think most people might switch over but we will see. Sony needs to improve their online party system for me though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a MS/Xbox guy so I will be getting the next Xbox for sure. I have a PS3, but I prefer MSs exclusives. I want the next Halo, Forza, Gears and Alan Wake.

I tend to hang on to games and buy new 95% of time so if the rumours are true it doesn't really impact by console decision.

I think there's a good chance Sony's next system doesn't accept used games either. The early rumors about this being an actuality started with them and not M$. If Sony decides to allow used games next gen I'd be real surprised if it was a decision that wasn't made today by them after seeing the backlash to the Edge rumors

and as much as it fucks over consumers this stand on used games is probably a necessary evil for publishers to keep funding big budget games next-gen. I personally don't have a big issue with it so long as we see at least another price point for non AAA retail games with the next round of consoles. I'd much rather see devs/publishers making more money off their own games than GameStop or Amazon...

As far as choosing a next gen system I'm on the fence and waiting to see more info from both and my decision will probably come down to what most of you guys are doing.

Delryk

I will prolly get both but NHL will still be on XBOX.. I bought all my games new and never sold one. my library is full... :/

Delryk

btw.. the used game thing was rumoured for both ps3 and xbox 8 years ago but never happened. Though with Steam style accounts for PC, i think theres a big possibility that it will happen this time.

Perhaps they will only go as far as EA style.. Used is fine but you have to pay a Access Fee online to play the game.

If they do this, i hope if we copy the game on the HD we dont need to keep the fucking game in the tray. Annoying as shit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good shit tonight, Swim with a highlight reel goal, top shelf, and I believe I've set an unofficial record of 4 straight unassisted goals.

zsswimmer

Good shit tonight, Swim with a highlight reel goal, top shelf, and I believe I've set an unofficial record of 4 straight unassisted goals.

I've been playing a little bit more on the forward positions in OTP so that's helped, also got my dman on 2 way defender which helps a lot.

I haven't scored in club in a long ass time so I'm glad I got to contribute a little on offense :)

Delryk

Ya so my offline performance is stuck at veteran 3 at 99% even if all the prerequisites are done. Another great bug it seems and a whole lot of wasted time.

Offline is a terrible habit for practicing offence cuz the timing is not the same. i will start doing dropins... fucking acheivements.

Going to mont tremblant to ski this weekend and im not sure if i will bring my xbox with me. Tracks closes at 10pm so id be bored for the rest of the night. Lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should make NHL picks in the Xbox app sports picks. I need someone to compare against. Tuesday night I got all the games except one correct.

Red_Man

I've been playing a little bit more on the forward positions in OTP so that's helped, also got my dman on 2 way defender which helps a lot.

I haven't scored in club in a long ass time so I'm glad I got to contribute a little on offense :)
You were noticeably more effective of carrying the puck and getting on net imo, if you can keep that up go for it, Aces or myself will cover you. We had some great chances from the back end last night.

You guys should make NHL picks in the Xbox app sports picks. I need someone to compare against. Tuesday night I got all the games except one correct.
Is it finally working? Every time I tried to use it, it wasn't working.

Red_Man

Gonna try and stream the Habs game tonight, we'll see if it's not garbage for once

Montresor

I'm not a natural born penalty killer but I'll chime in about the Xbox. I made a melodramatic post over at NHL-gaf on the off-topic community forum, but really, the two new rumours aren't enough to sway me away from the Xbox brand. Realistically, I buy almost every game brand new. The only time I play a game that I did not buy brand new is when I borrow something from my friends or from my brother. It'll suck, but I'm totally okay with giving devs and publishers more of my hard-earned money in exchange for excellent software. I'm going to borrow Rayman Origins from my friend soon, but that's a game that bombed hardcore.

I'm not a natural born penalty killer but I'll chime in about the Xbox. I made a melodramatic post over at NHL-gaf on the off-topic community forum, but really, the two new rumours aren't enough to sway me away from the Xbox brand. Realistically, I buy almost every game brand new. The only time I play a game that I did not buy brand new is when I borrow something from my friends or from my brother. It'll suck, but I'm totally okay with giving devs and publishers more of my hard-earned money in exchange for excellent software. I'm going to borrow Rayman Origins from my friend soon, but that's a game that bombed hardcore.

nice stealth brag post richie rich

j/k ur alright with me Mont.

btw Luke Schenn for JVR is working out pretty good for both sides, eh?

Montresor

Yeah Viz it's turning out that way. It was a good one-for-one trade for both teams. I haven't watched any Philly games yet though.

I always loved Schenn but he had a terrible 4th year (last year) with the Leafs. I'm glad to see that he might be playing well again.

RS4-

Goddamnit. Legit drops and the notification covers up the whole area where the other team is in front of our net and scores.

Now everyone is randomly dropping. Looks like live took a shit

Stat!

Events:

5 on 5. 1-0 Them.

They lose a guy. Legit drops. They lose another. They lose another. Milly drops. Our CPU scores. Tie game then immediately, they lose a guy and we win. I disconnect from Xbox Live.

I can't get onto Live. Can anyone else get on Live?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Events:

5 on 5. 1-0 Them.

They lose a guy. Legit drops. They lose another. They lose another. Milly drops. Our CPU scores. Tie game then immediately, they lose a guy and we win. I disconnect from Xbox Live.

I can't get onto Live. Can anyone else get on Live?

Can't get back on yet.

Top Bottom