• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

So you're trying to like punish me for playing with a friend for one day? Not sure why that is necessary. If you don't want me to play you can just say it.

you never cease to amaze me moop...
no one is punishing you, and you could have played with your buddy in a non-club game

THE FACTS ARE:
  • you chose to leave...
  • the game wipes your stats and EA's programmers are too shitty to figure out how to make it smart enough to add them back when you return to a former club...
  • i check games played numbers 1 time a month, i have no idea what your numbers are and as we have done in the past I'm not guessing/estimating anything...

you are coming off as pretty ungrateful, seeing how I went out of my way to make sure you played in the playoffs last month
if you have a problem with any of this, then you can leave, i don't care either way

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So you're trying to like punish me for playing with a friend for one day? Not sure why that is necessary. If you don't want me to play you can just say it.
Pretty sure there's no way of seeing how many games you played since you switched clubs, it would have wiped all your info out.

Edit: beaten like an adopted child

Rocky start tonight, but we finished off pretty good, GGs everyone. Ended at 88 overall.

Here's 2 highlights from the night:

Nice passing play with Moopy and myself, and Moop doing what he does best
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/149762000

And a nice passing play from Milly, Myself and Aces in out last game

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/149764897

moop1167

Yes drill sergeant. I will have to tell my friend I am no longer allowed to play with him or else I will be blackballed from my current team. No one wants to play drop-in.

Club hopping makes it sound like I am quitting and joining up teams every other day lol. Let's not get out of hand here Delryk.

Yes drill sergeant. I will have to tell my friend I am no longer allowed to play with him or else I will be blackballed from my current team. No one wants to play drop-in.

Club hopping makes it sound like I am quitting and joining up teams every other day lol. Let's not get out of hand here Delryk.

If ur gonna keep whining like a little bitch over what amounts to absolutely nothing just get it over with and leave

Milly79

1M9TNTU3JTNRNTsnTS8vPz6nSKy3WT0srLc1O1E_KTyxK0S8u0M_MTUxP1Tc0NjHQNzEG0ybG5qZmpqYGJgA.gif

lol

I'll be the bigger man and not respond to that.

"Moop The Victim"... yawn I haven't seen this before. For someone that has no problem berating others whenever u damn well please you have pretty thin skin to not take anything back in return. I hope this approach to dealing with people online works as well IRL for you.

Again, I nor anyone is "black balling" you. I nor anyone else has demanded that you not hop clubs to play with ur buddy. I have better things to do than keep updated totals for everyone on a daily or weekly basis. Milly and others left and came back multiple times last year and Marv nor I ever heard a peep from them that this was an issue.

EA fucked you over, not me.

Milly79

Pretty sure there's no way of seeing how many games you played since you switched clubs, it would have wiped all your info out.

Edit: beaten like an adopted child

Rocky start tonight, but we finished off pretty good, GGs everyone. Ended at 88 overall.

I want to elaborate on this a bit. Last night was pretty brutal overall, I know we got a few wins, but they were really, really ugly. I feel (and it's a small sample size), that the team has become complacent with just brute forcing everything when options aren't there. It was obvious last night, as the D were hardly used. If you're on the boards and drawing everyone to you, you can easily hit either D, but most of you choose not to. I know I was a bit off last night (on Wing and D), but still a lot of options aren't available and you guys kept choosing to keep pushing it. It's something we drastically need to work on.

Red_Man

I don't pass to the D because besides Viz we don't have any D who can move the puck really well and way too many times when it gets passed back and a winger on the other team pokes it and it ends up in a break away or odd man rush. It's a lot safer to keep it in the zone and pass it to another forward. I use the D when I don't have an out, but I don't trust the D enough. We don't have any great shots either on the back end, getting the puck and slapping it into a players knees doesn't help at all. If that's something we want to work on I'm cool with that, but people need to be better at managing it at the blue line, and need to work on getting better shots off instead of just rushing a shot right when they get it.

Edit: I will say Dok has done a great job of getting pucks on net in the games he's played.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guilty of taking shots, but you can't blame me for wanting to try once and a while since I tend to gator D. I also like to pass it straight back up to the RW. Something that needs to be worked on just like any other part of the game.

Red_Man

I'm guilty of taking shots, but you can't blame me for wanting to try once and a while since I tend to gator D. I also like to pass it straight back up to the RW. Something that needs to be worked on just like any other part of the game.
Nothing wrong with anyone taking shots, just have to take the extra second to see if you have the shot or not. I'm not talking about any one person, I'm guilty of the same thing when I try wristers from high up in the slot, I'm just saying as the center down low, it's usually not worth it for me to risk passing it up to the D when I can keep it in the zone with another forward. Like I said we can all work on that, I'd love to be able to pass to the D and get quality shots and rebounds, but right now the % of pucks hitting the net isn't high enough. I noticed the RW thing too, but Aces / Milly shouldn't have any problem adjusting to that.

Red_Man

Considering I hardly get to play RW, don't look at me.

And, I do have a good shot but I have to be on RD.
That's true, but I'm used to not throwing it back so much so that's why I don't do it when you're playing.

Piggybacking off Millys comments, I made it known before I left last night that I wasn't happy with our play either. My main problems were with our passing and defense tho.

Guys have to do a better job of making sure they are aiming passes not just in the general direction but trying to lead the recipient as best you can to make sure they can handle it in stride and not be handcuffed. This happened too much last night, if u can't improve your own skills on the sticks aiming passes then you need to make sure you allocate enough XP to passing and offensive awareness to help u compensate. Also too many bad stretch passes were attempted when most times there was a simple outlet guy open. (Usually Legit)

This "passing to the defenseman" is not effective a lot of times because the forwards wait too long before they make the decision to get it to point and the dmen get put in tough spots. Forwards coming out from behind the net especially need to be quicker reading whether or not a good option is there cross cease or high slot then feed the defensemen (don't walk it down to the D and pass either). The dmen don't necessarily need to shoot or make guys miss either as the defense will usually rush out making a quick return pass down to the corner a good option that usually can open things up for an open cross crease pass for us.

Our team and individual D was lacking in the couple games I played last night. Guys were being too passive backing off puck carriers on the rush. Too many times guys walked right past us without doing anything spectacular and got good chances. We also didn't do a good job adjusting to stuff. One team was constantly passing back to the point to a dman for a hard one timer all game and our forwards did nothing about it. It's a miracle none of his blasts went in. Another game Delryk and I didn't adjust we'll enough to a guy who was cherry picking every play and he got brhind us and they made us pay. We gotta make these adjustments and be better on D.

Milly79

Vis - I agree with you on almost everything, but I'm seeing a lot of "you" guys in that post. If I'm wrong, you can correct me. I know you're sick so I give you a pass, but you were way off both games last night. I don't think I've ever seen that low standard of play from yourself.

Delryk

Piggybacking off Millys comments, I made it known before I left last night that I wasn't happy with our play either. My main problems were with our passing and defense tho.

Guys have to do a better job of making sure they are aiming passes not just in the general direction but trying to lead the recipient as best you can to make sure they can handle it in stride and not be handcuffed. This happened too much last night, if u can't improve your own skills on the sticks aiming passes then you need to make sure you allocate enough XP to passing and offensive awareness to help u compensate. Also too many bad stretch passes were attempted when most times there was a simple outlet guy open. (Usually Legit)

This "passing to the defenseman" is not effective a lot of times because the forwards wait too long before they make the decision to get it to point and the dmen get put in tough spots. Forwards coming out from behind the net especially need to be quicker reading whether or not a good option is there cross cease or high slot then feed the defensemen (don't walk it down to the D and pass either). The dmen don't necessarily need to shoot or make guys miss either as the defense will usually rush out making a quick return pass down to the corner a good option that usually can open things up for an open cross crease pass for us.

Our team and individual D was lacking in the couple games I played last night. Guys were being too passive backing off puck carriers on the rush. Too many times guys walked right past us without doing anything spectacular and got good chances. We also didn't do a good job adjusting to stuff. One team was constantly passing back to the point to a dman for a hard one timer all game and our forwards did nothing about it. It's a miracle none of his blasts went in. Another game Delryk and I didn't adjust we'll enough to a guy who was cherry picking every play and he got brhind us and they made us pay. We gotta make these adjustments and be better on D.

I agree for the most part.. if you dont constantly play D, you have no idea how the position is frustrating and any bad movement or bad timing, any unskilled forward beats the D. Its also pretty easy to just blame everything on the person playing D. Critize me all you want, i aint gonna take it personally. But i will take all ideas to improve and play the way it
mproves others on the team. I dont care about points.

I usually try and play forward in dropins to try and improve my offensive skills and i usually have no problems getting multiple pt games on there(yes with cpu goalies)... but we all know most players in dropins are the low skilled guys that are on no teams or waiting for the club to get on. You can generally tell who they are. Lol

Anyway. All that to say the position is very underrated and it should get some lovin'. :)

Red_Man

I agree that forwards have to be better with their passes to the D, but the majority of the time when a D men has the puck it gets intercepted and leads to an odd man rush, or the puck hits one of the guys on the other team knocking it out of the zone. There needs to be better puck management on the blue line before I'll feel comfortable throwing it back there on a regular basis.

The rest of the play was really sloppy last night, including myself, but it's easy to take short cuts when we can play like that and still be 88 overall. It's not an excuse, but it comes back to my point before that we've hit a plateau and until we want to buckle down and get really serious (If anyone wants to) then we'll be at this point for a while.

I'll be on later if people want to get some more games in before the playoffs.

Delryk

Im at the cottage..i may... Depends what we're do after the leafs game...

Prolly spa and a few beers.. No weed (sorry rev) though. ;)

Vis - I agree with you on almost everything, but I'm seeing a lot of "you" guys in that post. If I'm wrong, you can correct me. I know you're sick so I give you a pass, but you were way off both games last night. I don't think I've ever seen that low standard of play from yourself.

You're right I played pretty poor too. No pass cuz I was sick that had little to do with it. I always take responsibility when I fuck up.

I just have to play more conservatively on d and let the forwards do their thing. I just get frustrated when our offense stagnates and the forwards are not making smart cuts to help the puck carrier, so I jump in and it usually backfires.

One other thing forwards need to stop doing is hanging out along the wall when the winger brings the puck in the zone and walks it up towards the corner. You are limiting the puck carriers pass options by being in the same passing lane as the dman who is trailing. Let the dman trail and you cut to the net or settle in the high slot. If ur cut to the net doesn't get you open just continue up and go behind the net to give the passer another option.

As far as smart cuts, one thing some of you need to try Is sudden changes of direction when you are moving without the puck. For example start moving out towards the wall then suddenly cutback to the inside, that is the secret to getting open and creating chances. I don't see enough of it from our forwards. You guys operate more in straight lines and hope to come open when you can be making this happen.

Red_Man

Good points Vis, a recommendation for the wingers I play with or for the D if available, I try and do most of my work on the boards and I'm always looking for someone to cut, so if you guys don't see anyone cutting then try and do it yourself so I can get it to you.

I'll work on some of the stuff you mentioned tonight Vis, I'll be on after the Leafs game.

gg's tonight, seemed to be back to our high standard of play in the few that I played

good to see everyone made an appearance, except Milly (which was probably for the best...)

I don't agree that it's for certain we will finish Top 100 like Aces does, it might be close if a couple teams hop on and get a bunch of games in tomorrow that bump us down (it is a weekend so its more likely than not that more teams will be playing), but nonetheless it looks to be our best ranking finish yet and in a month where we weren't as active or sharp...

Playoffs apparently start in 16 hours (Sunday night), sounds like most of the people currently in line for spots may be around from the quick exit poll I did tonight

Here's the final lineup (pending availability), let us know if you are a go for Sunday night and how early you can play when you all get a chance

C- Legit
W- Aces
W- Rev
D- Delryk
D- Schuey

Red_Man

I can play after the Habs game, should end around 9 est. If someone wants to draw in for my C spot they can as well, I don't particularly care.

Stat!

I could go tonight if anyone wants to or Monday night.

Not sure why my mic isn't working. I can hear but not speak? I'm not too sure. I might have to purchase another cable that connects my mic to my controller.

Red_Man

Never mind, got my xbox working, see you guys at 11.

Wait, can Delryk do 11? That might be too late for him, might need someone to draw in for him if he can't.

Looks like we finished up at 82 overall in the Elite Division. Congrats to everyone that contributed to our first Top 100 Elite finish and trophy. Hell of an accomplishment considering we could barely manage an Elite finish just a year and a half ago...

Yea waiting to hear from Delryk, I'd like him to get a spot this month as he hasn't been on the playoff roster the last 2 months despite being our most active dman. If he can't make it tonight is there anyway you guys can play earlier tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday night?

Red_Man

Yea I can play this week. It might be difficult to arrange with night games, but I'm pretty flexible depending on whatever is good for everyone else. Congrats to everyone that played, great accomplishment for the club getting 82 overall.

Well if 4 out of 5 can go sans Delryk it's probably better to go tonight at 11

If Delryk doesnt show up or post soon, Dok if you are around you can have LD otherwise ill fill in pairing up with Schubert

Top Bottom