• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

I'll be honest but I think the bottom three are really ugly. The green, brown, and reddish orange.

Honestly, even the orange looks bad. I would prefer navy as its usually the most contrastive to a white.

I do like the socks though.

I'd prefer the solid colour. The line across the back does it no favours. And if its possible, why not the simply two strips on the bottom, arm, and the strings at the collar? It's a class jersey design.

Something like dark navy, orange stripes for that jersey design with classic socks (think dark navy with three orange or white lines) (not the ugly ones we use now that is a more Euro style sock)

what you described is pretty much EXACTLY what we used for the 1st 3 months except they had piping down the side. Check the main banner in the OP

again... I went with "unique" color schemes, instead of the boring red, black and blue variants that 99% of teams use or something that looks exactly like an NHL team's colors (no we arent wearing Leafs jerseys either, Dok...)

That's fine if you don't like any of the jerseys I cooked up, but the reason for the change the jerseys is for something different/fresh, I don't want to keep swapping back and forth between navy and black all year long or reusing the same stuff weve used last year.

Delryk

I think Aces has an old tube tv (well, he is in the middle east!).

Changing color scheme is always nice. As long as they're not neon we will be fine. I've only looked at the templates on my phone but as you guys already mentionned, templates always look worse anyway.

Vis is the master artist and he knows whats up. I believe. :)

Stat!

what you described is pretty much EXACTLY what we used for the 1st 3 months except they had piping down the side. Check the main banner in the OP

again... I went with "unique" color schemes, instead of the boring red, black and blue variants that 99% of teams use or something that looks exactly like an NHL team's colors (no we arent wearing Leafs jerseys either, Dok...)

That's fine if you don't like any of the jerseys I cooked up, but the reason for the change the jerseys is for something different/fresh, I don't want to keep swapping back and forth between navy and black all year long or reusing the same stuff weve used last year.

Alright. I'll cook some jerseys up to compare. I won't complain without feeling like I'm contributing to help find a good solution.

I'll whip up something unique and something fresh. I know what I said described the look of the our jerseys but the main difference being the horizontal stripes seen in original six uniforms (and other jerseys till today) Its a more classic design with horizontal stripes on jerseys and socks. It was just a classic design.

Maybe the orange you used in the first picture with dark blue horizontal stripes, and strings at the neck?

Or completely off the wall: Purple Jersey with white stripes, purple helmet and three striped socks. Or Dark Green.

Something like this alternate jersey Canada used for one game (not with the Canada logo obviously but google Dark Green Canada 2009) - Something like that but in purple (and white as well)

Thoughts? I'll post some pictures later of what I whip up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Navy looks great, but like Viz said that's been the color scheme for most of our jerseys. Stay the fuck away from stuff like Purple, nothing good will come from that.

I think Aces has an old tube tv (well, he is in the middle east!).

Changing color scheme is always nice. As long as they're not neon we will be fine. I've only looked at the templates on my phone but as you guys already mentionned, templates always look worse anyway.

Vis is the master artist and he knows whats up. I believe. :)

at least one of you Leafs fans is alright with me :)

I'll whip up something unique and something fresh. I know what I said described the look of the our jerseys but the main difference being the horizontal stripes seen in original six uniforms (and other jerseys till today) Its a more classic design with horizontal stripes on jerseys and socks. It was just a classic design.

yea I'm fine with that "original six" looking jersey, but we need some worthwhile colors to go along with it. You see it as classic, while I see it as boring. Going back to that one was actually my 1st idea for this current jersey change, but when I mocked that one up I couldn't find a good color combination for it that wasn't black/blue based so I scrapped that idea.

What about using the Nordiques logo?

you are just trolling us now, so why don't you add QC to your Gamertag too while you are at it...

Red_Man

QC!!!!!!

Problem with the logos is EA is fucking garbage and decided to not add any new ones, and there's not a lot to begin with. I prefer sticking with the one we have, but if there's one that someone finds that fits well then we can give it a try.

I'll be on tonight for games too.

Stat!

Okay, I had trouble taking the purple option with my camera but, in game, the dark purple, looks beautiful, vibrant, different, and bright. Anyone with a HDTV will love the purple jersey in particular when they see it in person.

Out of the four jerseys, I loved the purple one in particular. I uploaded a photo to EA Sports media but for some it doesn't work. I also uploaded a video.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/151388312

The orange was tough since a orange and blue look a lot like the Isles but here are some pictures. Here is an album of the dark green, orange, and dark blue jersyes (6 pictures)

In my opinion, of the ones I made, the purple are really awesome and I would let you guys make it for yourself (I'll tell you the design) so you can see it. The dark green ones are a bit different and I like them. The orange is definitely so but I'm not a big fan of the design I came up with. But figured I'd chalk up some designs.

Red_Man

Okay, I had trouble taking the purple option with my camera but, in game, the dark purple, looks beautiful, vibrant, different, and bright.
zlwAn.gif

Reading that in your voice makes it even worst. The only way they won't look ridiculous is if they're a dark purple which looks like navy blue, and voiding Viz's original point.

Okay, I had trouble taking the purple option with my camera but, in game, the dark purple, looks beautiful, vibrant, different, and bright. Anyone with a HDTV will love the purple jersey in particular when they see it in person.

Out of the four jerseys, I loved the purple one in particular. I uploaded a photo to EA Sports media but for some it doesn't work. I also uploaded a video.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/151388312

The orange was tough since a orange and blue look a lot like the Isles but here are some pictures. Here is an album of the dark green, orange, and dark blue jersyes (6 pictures)

In my opinion, of the ones I made, the purple are really awesome and I would let you guys make it for yourself (I'll tell you the design) so you can see it. The dark green ones are a bit different and I like them. The orange is definitely so but I'm not a big fan of the design I came up with. But figured I'd chalk up some designs.

I'll be honest...

All of those are horrible, just awful abominations that made my eyes bleed. You don't have a creative bone in your body ACES.

Stop, just stop now... Go outside and get some air

I didn't actually check any of them out yet

Stat!

zlwAn.gif

Reading that in your voice makes it even worst. The only way they won't look ridiculous is if they're a dark purple which looks like navy blue, and voiding Viz's original point.

It's not dark purple that it looks like blue. In game, it looks like purple. And a good colour at that. NHL makes it look different, but awesome. My camera was not able to focus it and made it look like dark blue but I swear it is not.

Watch the video. See the picture on my media page

Viz, Legit, (or anyone), make the purple for yourself in game. It's really awesome. The white contrasts it nicely.

Delryk

The first orange (vis pics) and the purple (though very basic but good purple tone) are prolly my favs.

I tried and failed miserably.. Maybe later.. Lol

Stat!

:lol :lol I think I still have mine OG Razr from way back....
Jon Stewart style ;) Purple ones look like Leaf jerseys except more feminine lol....

Oh now, its on.

PS: I'll be on for games tonight as well. Need to restore our top 100.

Red_Man

GG's, one of the losses at the end was my bad, but otherwise good stuff. Aces can you get a center build done for the next time you play so you can give it a shot since Moop can't win faceoffs. I'm gonna stay on D for a bit, we have a lot more regular forwards then D men so it'll be nice if someone other then me and Viz can play C.

Stat!

GG's, one of the losses at the end was my bad, but otherwise good stuff. Aces can you get a center build done for the next time you play so you can give it a shot since Moop can't win faceoffs. I'm gonna stay on D for a bit, we have a lot more regular forwards then D men so it'll be nice if someone other then me and Viz can play C.

Sure. I won't be on for a few days though. My biggest problem is I stop paying attention but I'll make a centre build. I want to improve my accuracy for one timers.

moop1167

Ya the orange ones are decent.. forgot to go back a page - at work I can't look at GAF.

Anyway, Delryk is on so Vis where you at?

Red_Man

If you really want to change the jerseys we can try the Oranges otherwise just stick with what we have. I should be on tomorrow night.

Milly79

Decent games... Past 2 nights have been brutal for us. We used to run lineups like this quite often and have success, but it seems we've hit a wall of sorts. We just aren't getting the bounces we need.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Vis. You're usually the least bias in these matters.

Decent games... Past 2 nights have been brutal for us. We used to run lineups like this quite often and have success, but it seems we've hit a wall of sorts. We just aren't getting the bounces we need.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Vis. You're usually the least bias in these matters.

We've had way worse nights, this month in fact. There are 2 very simple concepts that we need to follow to win that have been abandoned

DEFENSE

Do not let anyone get behind us.

It's acceptable for one or two of these a game if the other team makes a great outlet or gets a weird bounce that gets them going towards our goal fast, but this has been happening way too much lately. To prevent this the DMen need to focus on 2 things:

1) always keep an eye on cherry pickers. If you see there gray "arrow" at the bottom of the screen behind you then you need to bail out of the offensive zone and watch them

2) always keep an eye on your defense partner. They call them "pairings" for a reason. If ur partner pinches you need to drop back a little farther than usual to compensate. Too many times all of our defensemen do not take this into account and that's how breakaways happen

The pairing concept applies in the defensive zone as well, 1 defensemen should always be positioned in front off the net on the strong side, if ur partner chases to the corner or out to the high slot make sure you cover him.

OFFENSE

Forwards are simply not sharing the puck enough.

As soon as you guys hit the blue line the blinders are going on and you are either trying to dangle and deke past the whole team, and once u gain the line its all about forcing cross crease passes that aren't there, or bad shots. Just hit the open man and move smartly without the puck and things will happen.

On the rush if one of our players is ahead of you and the pass is "make able" then get him the puck as quick as you can. We've had more offsides calls than ever lately and Ive noticed good options have been "looked off" too much for my liking.

In the zone, Aces and Milly are the only ones who ever even attempt to send the puck around the boards when they enter the zone to the opposite winger this is a good tactic we should use more. Just taking the puck behind the net in general and looking for options is not utilized at all and can be dangerous as most defenseman dont know how to deal with puck carriers brhind the net.

Also a nice change up move you guys should give a try is dump and chase to yourself rather than others. Dump it right before the blue line to an area you can get to and then turn on the jets and sprint there. Defensemen have a tough time turning and matching your speed which gives u a big advantage in getting to the puck first all while getting it deep.

And pretty much everyone has abandoned dropping it back to the dman along the wall. This does not have to be the absolute last option. Every once in awhile when you notice the defenseman on ur side is trailing well think about taking it up the boards and drop it back, I swear it will open up so many things.

Everyone we have is more than capable so it shouldn't make too much difference who we run out there, we should be able to get wins if we work together as a team.

Red_Man

I'll probably be on tonight but it won't be till 10-11 which is probably too late for most of you

Top Bottom