• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL14 EASHL (XBOX 360) - GAF Most Valuable Primates |OT| Chimpin' Aint Easy

Showstopper

Neo Member
Lots of drama in here but it just shows that you guys wanna compete, and that's a good thing. As someone already mentioned, defense has been seriously nerfed. This + the fact that there continues to be an invisible force field/bubble around the goalie area makes things extremely difficult for the d-man. Yet no matter how many people complain about it, EA continues to put this crap out.

Anyways, one thing I find that works is playing as an Offensive D-Man. Might as well try to score if the game doesn't let you play D.

Good luck

Milly79

Lots of drama in here but it just shows that you guys wanna compete, and that's a good thing. As someone already mentioned, defense has been seriously nerfed. This + the fact that there continues to be an invisible force field/bubble around the goalie area makes things extremely difficult for the d-man. Yet no matter how many people complain about it, EA continues to put this crap out.

Anyways, one thing I find that works is playing as an Offensive D-Man. Might as well try to score if the game doesn't let you play D.

Good luck

Come home, dude. BTW, tali.

Delryk

Good luck

Very true.. its stupid how they always try to spin it how D is better than the year before but its been 3 straight years when its been going to the shitter. Of course still being 67 ovr doesnt help me much. Actually havent been playing much even though i have some time right now. Im really not into it this year so far i guess.

zsswimmer

Good luck
Yeah they really tried to hype up defense this year and I bought the hype :p . But then you get in and play and passes that you should easily intercept, especially with a decent defensive awareness (that seems broken this year), go right through you and to the opposing player who scores. Shit has been happening all the time in OTP.

Although I did recently change my camera angle to overhead and its helped a bit on the offense for timing those slapshots

Showstopper

Neo Member
Come home, dude. BTW, tali.

The things I would do to Tali. There would be some damage if her and I ever met.

iSHvpyOl.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good games tonight, we had a great run and were in the 1st divison now, just have to see how long we can stay there.

Milly79

So we can pretty much stay there all season? And I think if I get faceoffs down, we will be good to go. Can swap off every so often of course.

Red_Man

It will get tougher once the divisions even themselves out more, but once we get used to the chimp teams we should be fine. I like playing D anyways so we can rotate whenever, we had some good tough wins tonight.

Red_Man

I guess that guy we played works for EA, they just posted this on their FB page......

559804_10151927057005996_193838815_n.jpg

moop1167

I'm down for games, just gonna eat. I can play in 40 mins or so.

Okay. I see Aces in GTA 5 but I figure he will want to hop on. Otherwise we can do those community games which aren't that bad since we can at least select our positions. Milly and I did it and it was pretty fun.

Jonogunn

Hey sorry guys. Phil and I tried playing a game and it was laggy and jittery like hell. As much as we want to play on this team the east/west lag differences are just too much :(

Maybe we can join u guys for OTP when u play but looks like EASHL is a no go ;_;

Good luck to you guys though!

Red_Man

Out for the next two nights, if you guys wanna take a shot at playoffs go for it, otherwise I'll be on Sunday night.

Stat!

I really can't believe its NHL 14, and the game still suffers from loops. It's ridiculous when its the playoffs and a goal is called back because it loops. That and the dead post are just things that have been broken for years.

Delryk

I really can't believe its NHL 14, and the game still suffers from loops. It's ridiculous when its the playoffs and a goal is called back because it loops. That and the dead post are just things that have been broken for years.

Thats the least of the problems NHL14 as far as im concerned. Lol.

moop1167

Are we going to play tonight? Seems like no one really gets on anymore. This is the only game I even play. Barely touched GTA 5.

Top Bottom