• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

True Fire

The Kotaku article on the trophy buying feature is getting a lot of negative blowback. So many self-serious gamers don't understand that Yoko is intentionally trolling them.

Coda

The Kotaku article on the trophy buying feature is getting a lot of negative blowback. So many self-serious gamers don't understand that Yoko is intentionally trolling them.

Haha I love people who are getting upset about it. It's clearly meant as a joke and Yoko is clearly making a statement about how irrelevant they are. I bought the few trophies I was missing because I don't care.

JayEH

Game is a lot more fun now that I have all pods, programs, and more advanced chips and weapons. Guess that's the problem with ARPGs, you got be high level before you can start getting more creative. Also learning about more advanced techniques and combos by watching videos and such.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

To some people, trophies are serious business even though they generally only matter to those obsessed with their reputation and not much more. Its annoying how prevalent they have become honestly. I have never gone out of my way to be honest, so i can't say i understand the outrage myself

yoko taro i such a troll i love it! But even with that, i've got the nier automata platinum legitimately, without buying them! It's my only platinum with the bloodborne one, i don't care about them!

I just got them by playing naturally, and that should always be like that

Caim

I was browsing the HK store and the Digital Premium had a preorder bonus called Secret Music, any idea what that is?

The digital Black Box Edition ost?

Glad that PC finally got a release date, will double dip for sure.

ebil

Hmm. I'll check it out.
I just started route B and
I was wondering if it'll be the whole game from the beginning? I just finished that first boss again. I don't know what you can really say without spoiling anything, but is it shorter than the first run? I don't want to do the factory near the end again. Haha.
Yes but remember
you're doing it from 9S' perspective so there will definitely be differences, especially when he's separated from 2B.

Stalk

All story routes down, ending e spoilers

He wasn't joking when he said this was the happiest ending he'd made up. Even the gimmick was enlightening in its own way. I gave up my save data, I feel if I was to play it again I'd likely want to play all the way through personally

Still my aim was to be done before Zelda. I'm done. This ranks up in one my favourite games in a while, doesn't hit the emotional peaks of the first Nier in my opinion but, it's a damn fine entry.

Coda

It's one thing if the trophies could be bought with real money or if they have some effect on the game but they don't they're just an arbitrary e-peen so the joke is funny to me.

I don't know why I waited to pre-order this but I did. So today I went to Amazon to pre-order and now they're telling me that delivery date can't be determined yet and they will email me when they have one.

So yay, I guess, it's selling out?

Jiraiza

I don't know why I waited to pre-order this but I did. So today I went to Amazon to pre-order and now they're telling me that delivery date can't be determined yet and they will email me when they have one.

So yay, I guess, it's selling out?

Praise Taro.

Now give me my
2B and 9S shopping
DLC.

Holy shit at
the music that plays on Emil's item shop
the joy of taking out many machines while that music was playing in the background while trying not to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Coda

Anyone have a good way of ripping SFX? I really want the Pause SFX for my text tone. Note that the Pause SFX is when you are in movement or riding an animal. If someone knows how to rip them and could do it that'd be awesome.

Holy shit at
the music that plays on Emil's item shop
the joy of taking out many machines while that music was playing in the background while trying not to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Every day's a sale!~
Every sale's a win!~

I lose it every time I read about someone
having Emiltruck drive by during the final fight in front of the tower while the nonsense version of the song plays

Jiraiza

Anyone have a good way of ripping SFX? I really want the Pause SFX for my text tone. Note that the Pause SFX is when you are in movement or riding an animal. If someone knows how to rip them and could do it that'd be awesome.

I can probably do a recording of it and rip it from that.

Guys help me I've got this and Zelda to play now, thinking of just splitting my time between both but boy this year has been amazing already.

Also the
clear the enemy of the canyon and the enemy is level 50
, that absolutely fucked me over before because I didn't expect it.

TissueBox

Ugh do I love Dependent Weakling (off the OST). So good, and one of my fav battles in the game..oh, the anguish, the ANGUISH..!!.

('Member if you haven't played it yet don't look it up if you don't wanna be spoiled. xP)

Can anyone tell me if '
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
' and '
BECOME AS GODS
' are what those tracks are called on the OST?

It's been on my mind ever since playing through those segments - this OST burrows into your ears & doesn't let go.

12BoM

I know it's killin me.

It's amazing how smooth the release of this game was. Like it amazes me that the game is available right now to be played.

Especially for a game that sadly had little to no right to exist in the first place, you'd think this would be the type of game that gets announced then you hear nothing for 6 years.

But it's out in 4 days. Fuck

JayEH

Can anyone tell me if '
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
' and '
BECOME AS GODS

It's been on my mind ever since playing through those segments - this OST burrows into your ears & doesn't let go.

From what I've seen on youtube it's Birth of a Wish then parenthesis either of those two phrases.

TissueBox

Can anyone tell me if '
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
' and '
BECOME AS GODS

Not sure myself unfortunately. :(

LotusHD

Banned
It's amazing how smooth the release of this game was. Like it amazes me that the game is available right now to be played.

Especially for a game that sadly had little to no right to exist in the first place, you'd think this would be the type of game that gets announced then you hear nothing for 6 years.

But it's out in 4 days. Fuck

This is just that underdog game, that I just knew would be great from Day 1, and I sincerely hope it gets all the success it can possibly get. Then it just gets amplified when you learn of both Platinum and Yoko Taro's struggles. (Scalebound and Taro's past games selling poorly)

As you've said, it's amazing this game actually exists.

Gbraga

Completely unrelated question, but I guess this is the best place to ask currently:

Is the Berserk musou game anything like Drakengard 3? I've been thinking while playing today that a Berserk game with this structure (but actually polished) could be really good.

I don't know a thing about musou, though, so I have no idea if it's already the case.

Hektor

Completely unrelated question, but I guess this is the best place to ask currently:

Is the Berserk musou game anything like Drakengard 3? I've been thinking while playing today that a Berserk game with this structure (but actually polished) could be really good.

I don't know a thing about musou, though, so I have no idea if it's already the case.

Drakengard 1 was a musou and that's also what Berserk plays like, just not as shit (And without the dragon parts)

That said, it's stil far away from having a budget or AAA polish, but it's alright for some completely braindead slaughter if you wanna relax, the hitfeedback is extremely nice, especially when playing Guts.

Gbraga

Drakengard 1 was a musou and that's also what Berserk plays like, just not as shit (And without the dragon parts)

That said, it's stil far away from having a budget or AAA polish, but it's alright for some completely braindead slaughter if you wanna relax, the hitfeedback is extremely nice, especially when playing Guts.

Is the narrative as well developed as the one in Drakengard 3? Not that it's amazingly realized or anything, but the camping moments and the quality of cutscenes are far superior to what I'd expect just looking at the gameplay segments.

Braindead slaughter is not exactly what I'd look for in Berserk, but I guess it can be nice as just a relaxing fanservice game. Seeing my favorite characters kill shit for no reason, I guess that could work.

jkh13

Neo Member
When I retrieve another player's corpse it shows obtained items and plug in chips but I can't seem to find these choose in my inventory. What happened to them?

Hektor

When I retrieve another player's corpse it shows obtained items and plug in chips but I can't seem to find these choose in my inventory. What happened to them?

They are applied as temporary buffs, not permanent

Is the narrative as well developed as the one in Drakengard 3? Not that it's amazingly realized or anything, but the camping moments and the quality of cutscenes are far superior to what I'd expect just looking at the gameplay segments.

Braindead slaughter is not exactly what I'd look for in Berserk, but I guess it can be nice as just a relaxing fanservice game. Seeing my favorite characters kill shit for no reason, I guess that could work.

The entire narrative of the first half is literally just scenes ripped from the Golden Age movies. The rest is rather static animated scenes in ingame graphics for the most part, telling you the story of the Manga and nothing more

Not really comparable to what you get in D3 imho

I'm about to go for ending
E.

Should I backup save data before hand?

Is there an easy way to do that? I remember PS3 let you copy save data to another user profile. I guess I'll see if I can do that here.

pezzie

Quest spoilers:

Where do you start that red hooded killer quest people are talking about? I never found that one.

Top Bottom