• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Even the first Nier had a buncha DLC, including an Arena DLC with fairly cool metal and electro remixes of the OST

I'd honestly hope Automata's getting some nice costume and maybe even story / Gamemode DLC

Well yeah the challenge rooms were awesome but i dont expect anything substantial or story related

I remember 9S' VA asking to have a Caim dlc. It could just be a costume dlc or something but it makes me excited nonetheless. Btw it's not confirmed or anything. I'm just hoping.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1345772

Yuri Lowenthal asked for Caim DLC? Well he was in the OG Nier so i guess he also has some affection for this franchise

pezzie

Hmm, now i only have to buy it, but i haven't made purchases on enay for quite sometimes, so i kind of don't trust the seller even if it has 50+ positive reviews lol

If you're willing to buy digital and make a second PSN account, the HK/Asia PSN store is really easy to buy from and is in English. That's how most of us imported it and you don't even have to wait.

Get the HK PSN dollars from Play Asia, it got emailed to me almost instantaneously.

Slater

Banned
Well yeah the challenge rooms were awesome but i dont expect anything substantial or story related

Yuri Lowenthal asked for Caim DLC? Well he was in the OG Nier so i guess he also has some affection for this franchise

Yuri Lowenthal isn't 9S' VA it's Kyle McCarley

Inuhanyou

Yuri Lowenthal isn't 9S' VA it's Kyle McCarley

My brain is all scrambled today. I had Gideon on my mind when i was thinking about 9S from the sequel, and also the english voice actors when it wasn't even the english voice actors??

Weiss

Banned
Goddammit.

I went on TVTropes and looked at the character page. Didn't spoil anything but I've gleamed enough from tags and stuff that I'm worried I've learned more about the plot than I wanted to going in.

I'm a fucking idiot and I think I just ruined the game for myself.

Goddammit.

I went on TVTropes and looked at the character page. Didn't spoil anything but I've gleamed enough from tags and stuff that I'm worried I've learned more about the plot than I wanted to going in.

i will not say anything to you about it, but what did you "learn" ?

Inuhanyou

Goddammit.

i'm curious too, maybe we can diffuse your anxiousness

My brain is all scrambled today. I had Gideon on my mind when i was thinking about 9S from the sequel, and also the english voice actors when it wasn't even the english voice actors??

9S legit sounds just like Yuri Lowenthal. Even after seeing the credits, I'm still dubious.

That there's some kind of corruption going on with 2B, that Pod develops a personality, that Adam dies, that the YoRHa command is evil, and that Emil is the secret boss.

You have far from ruined the game. That's a mix of predictable and uselessly vague. Calm down, but learn to avoid TVTropes!

Inuhanyou

That there's some kind of corruption going on with 2B, that Pod develops a personality, that Adam dies, that the YoRHa command is evil, and that Emil is the secret boss.

Damn. Don't worry though, the plot has tons of interesting things waiting you. It far from 'ruins the game' :p

Philippo

If you're willing to buy digital and make a second PSN account, the HK/Asia PSN store is really easy to buy from and is in English. That's how most of us imported it and you don't even have to wait.

Get the HK PSN dollars from Play Asia, it got emailed to me almost instantaneously.

Oh no senhor, i'm in no rush to play and i want it physical, i'm only afraid of being scammed lol

That Pod develops a personality, that Adam dies, that the YoRHa command is evil, and that Emil is the secret boss.

You have far from ruined the game. That's a mix of predictable and uselessly vague. Calm down, but learn to avoid TVTropes!

Damn. Don't worry though, the plot has tons of interesting things waiting you. It far from 'ruins the game' :p

yup, what they said, you don't have to worry

Aizo

Banned
Hmm. I'll check it out.
I just started route B and
I was wondering if it'll be the whole game from the beginning? I just finished that first boss again. I don't know what you can really say without spoiling anything, but is it shorter than the first run? I don't want to do the factory near the end again. Haha.
Quoting my unanswered question because Inuhanyou abandoned me.

Inuhanyou

Quoting my unanswered question because Inuhanyou abandoned me.

Yeah its the same, but don't worry, you dont have to do any submissions so you can blaze through the main story in like half the time

So I completed all endings. This game was really great. Loved it just like I loved Nier.

9S's English VA really put in work for this game.

Especially late game
on the third playthrough. I really felt his anguish at losing 2B, and how fed up he was with the machines and the world. The difference between 9S at the start and 9S at the end is stark but done really well considering what happens to him over the course of the game.

Just finished the A route with 15 hours done, enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to resuming with route B at some point soon, taking a break so I can play more Horizon however.

balgajo

I'm here waiting for BOTW download and I saw some NieR gameplay. Really interesting stuff, the music from the gameplay was amazing.

EDIT: Also, why there is only a few reviews for this game? Released first in japan?

Aizo

Banned
Yeah its the same, but don't worry, you dont have to do any submissions so you can blaze through the main story in like half the time
That was an amazingly quick response hahaha. Damn. I guess I won't be able to get route B this weekend.

Finalow

I'd say route B is the weakest one (that hacking minigame gets boring fast) but what comes after is definitely worth all of that.
and when I say "weakest one" I don't mean that it's bad, not at all.

And well I don't even know where to begin with nier is Melee focused, if being a shooter is a bad thing, maybe stay away from nier.
I honestly don't understand how someone can see the combat in this game as something not melee focused but more like a shooter.
the actual combat (not counting the shmup sections, but even in those sections, you can use melee attacks, which are much better than shooting since they can cancel enemies' bullets) is melee focused, shooting with the pod is just like shooting with guns in Bayonetta/DMC. it might not have the depth or the variety of combos those games have, but that certainly doesn't make it any less focused around melee.

carda114

Hey, asking again about materials collections. I'm looking for filler metal, elaborate gadgets, and gold ore specifically. Also, are there any easy-to-miss archives, enemies, and sidequests? Thanks again.

Ubernube

I'm here waiting for BOTW download and I saw some NieR gameplay. Really interesting stuff, the music from the gameplay was amazing.

EDIT: Also, why there is only a few reviews for this game? Released first in japan?

Game's only out in Japan so far, and those reviews were from sites who imported and reviewed the Japanese/Asian version of the game. Reviews for review copies are still under embargo, hence the few reviews.

balgajo

Game's only out in Japan so far, and those reviews were from sites who imported and reviewed the Japanese/Asian version of the game. Reviews for review copies are still under embargo, hence the few reviews.

Thanks! Looking forward for it on steam.

Anyone had the issue where
9S
just kinda freezes in place every few seconds in
Pascal's village?

I've noticed freezing issues whenever I'm seemingly at places in the game that the story doesn't expect/want me to be.

E.g. I went back all the way to Resistance Camp when the game expects me to use the transport nearby to Bunker and the game starts freezing randomly.

For my socal brothers.. . can confirm.. . nier is here!

here.jpg

carda114

Hey everyone, I'm just dropping back in to let anyone looking for materials like filler metal and gold ore to locate a merchant in the
amusement park ruins
late game. He sells them and more.

I've noticed freezing issues whenever I'm seemingly at places in the game that the story doesn't expect/want me to be.

Thing is, I'm between missions and it only happens in
Pascal's Village.

I can still dash around, but the regular walking/running animation freezes
him
in place. (But I can still turn, oddly enough.)

pezzie

Niiiiiiice, they kept the PS4 logo on it.

I opted for the digital version instead so I could play it early, but I'm glad that the reverse looks good.

Oh, pro tip everyone!

Don't equip 26% worth of Movement Up chips and go to
Pascal's Village!
Your animations will start bugging out & the game will eventually crash.

Top Bottom