• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Weiss

Banned
Spoilers for Route C

I'm warming up to A2, not so much her design. I don't know how fair that is though since she's basically Kaine with none of the humanity.

Jiraiza

Can you give a vague hint on how to get it, if it's not something you could intuitively find on your own?

The 20 joke endings are usually done through a combination of dying at certain scripted events in the game, leaving the mission boundaries of a story event, and other things. The 1 not-joke ending is achievable once you get all the weapons and fully upgrade them and can be done with 2B, 9S, or A2, each of which has a slightly different take to the events that lead up to the ending in terms of dialogue.

Spoilers for Route C

I'm warming up to A2, not so much her design. I don't know how fair that is though since she's basically Kaine with none of the humanity.
This isn't really spoilers but whatever
I kinda viewed her costume as part of her skin because of how old the model is. Like there isn't anything under it that the outfit is basically painted on. Idk I think it's s neat idea, but I get why people might dislike the actual outfit sense she looks like a chick in her underwear.

The 20 joke endings are usually done through a combination of dying at certain scripted events in the game, leaving the mission boundaries of a story event, and other things. The 1 not-joke ending is achievable once you get all the weapons and fully upgrade them and can be done with 2B, 9S, or A2, each of which has a slightly different take to the events that lead up to the ending in terms of dialogue.
Oh ok. I expected I would have to follow the tradition of having to upgrade all the weapons to get the "true" ending. If that leads to a satisfying optional ending, then all the better.

Weiss

Banned
Route C spoilers

So I'm guessing A2
's sudden turn to compassion after murdering a robot baby for no reason is that 2B's memories are influencing her? Don't tell me if I guessed it.

BriGuy

Route C spoilers

So I'm guessing A2
's sudden turn to compassion after murdering a robot baby for no reason is that 2B's memories are influencing her? Don't tell me if I guessed it.
I've got no idea. It could just be from meeting Pascal. Nobody could dislike Pascal.

Weiss

Banned
Lol, I only just found out that the first attack of Pod is stronger, so tapping instead of holding would be better.

This game.

It was like that in NieR too. Most of Pod's attacks are based off of Weiss' (the book, not me) spells.

moar Route C Spoilers

Holy shit do not fuck with Pascal. Dude just went Metal Gear Excelsus.

That followup meanwhile was decidedly NOT OKAY WHAT THE FUCK.

MeanMrMustard

Neo Member
Hey guys, just a little question about an early game boss (desert area). I discovered a pretty weird audio bug and wanted to know whether this is a common glitch or not.
I uploaded a video of it via my PS4:

Link to video

When I entered this area my speakers made a popping sound and the audio was gone. The audio returned briefly whenever I entered the menu of the game, but popped back out as soon as I left the menu.
Fiddling with the in-game audio options, as well as plugging in headphones into the controller or using a wireless headset didn't do anything, so it is definitely an ingame problem.

The only solution was to reboot the game entirely.

Has anybody else discovered this yet or am I the only one?

Hektor

Hey guys, just a little question about an early game boss (desert area). I discovered a pretty weird audio bug and wanted to know whether this is a common glitch or not.

Link to video

When I entered this area my speakers made a popping sound and the audio was gone. The audio returned briefly whenever I entered the menu of the game, but popped back out as soon as I left the menu.
Fiddling with the in-game audio options, as well as plugging in headphones into the controller or using a wireless headset didn't do anything, so it is definitely an ingame problem.

I once had this in the exact same moment, if you use the home button you also get weird, unhealthy sounding crackling noises in the ps4 menu's.

Fortunately it was the only bug i had to suffer and it never happened again

Link to video

Uhhh...for those who have finished the game
did the audio cut out for you during the back-and-forth boss battles up the tower after all the dialogue finished?
I thought it was by design, but with this post I'm not sure now.

Hektor

Uhhh...for those who have finished the game
did the audio cut out for you during the back-and-forth boss battles up the tower after all the dialogue finished?
I thought it was by design, but with this post I'm not sure now.

Nope, sounds like you had the bug as well

Who gets the plugin chips? Dont see it on the map and nobody seems to want it in the bunker or resistance camp.

They#re for you to equip

This isn't really spoilers but whatever
I kinda viewed her costume as part of her skin because of how old the model is. Like there isn't anything under it that the outfit is basically painted on. Idk I think it's s neat idea, but I get why people might dislike the actual outfit sense she looks like a chick in her underwear.
I couldnt see her as naked, or sexually, do to knowing that shes all plain underneath.

A2's boost mode skill is awesome in theory, but in practice all it does is get you killed. Wastes your healing items too.

Any other cool stuff she can do other than Boost, taunt, and the long sway dodge?

Link to video

Happened to me yesterday. My soundbar made a off sound and the right speaker didn't got any sound. Only the left one.

Returning to the ps4 menu worked fine, only way to fix it was to restart the game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Route C spoilers

So I'm guessing A2

so why ask then lmao

A2's boost mode skill is awesome in theory, but in practice all it does is get you killed. Wastes your healing items too.

Any other cool stuff she can do other than Boost, taunt, and the long sway dodge?

use healing regen and you wont have to worry about wasting your items

tfw you finally have a free evening to buy and play this game and the shrink-wrap is being a stubborn son of a bitch

ffs: now a fucking firmware update as well 😔

This game has no right to be open world.
The world design is terrible (lots of blocked roads and invisible walls), most of the side quests are abysmal and the back tracking feels really bad because the world is so boring and ugly.
The combat itself is great and I like the animations. This game should be linear, imo. For me this is another game destroyed by the open world concept.
Huge disappointment so far.

The world design is terrible (lots of blocked roads and invisible walls), most of the side quests are abysmal and the back tracking feels really bad because the world is so boring and ugly.
The combat itself is great and I like the animations. This game should be linear, imo. For me this is another game destroyed by the open world concept.

Just wait to do the side quests until
fast travel
is available.

I don't really get how this game is ruined by having a connected world. Some of the world seems a bit bland but lots of it is quite nice to look at.

LotusHD

Banned

What does "have no right" even mean lol

I'm not crazy about the tedious of traveling everywhere (until fast travel at least), but that's a weird thing to say.

OniBaka

Finished ending e and wow what a ride, definitely my goty. Shame it's goty material but I think it will be Zelda this year.

Finished Route C:

What the hell do the Camouflage Goggles do? Also, what was that message about a topic to talk about at the Resistance Camp about?

Strongly agree about the open world design. The bad graphics make it all the more intolerable.

Top Bottom