• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

I too just got an email from Square Enix saying a Black Box is available to me a few mins ago. Totally ordered it. Really excited for this game.

Just an FYI to those getting off the wait list and getting a BB.

Orders received after February 21st, 2017 11:59pm PST will arrive after the Release Day.

idk if this is in the email or not, so if you all wanna play it on release day you might have to find another way.

Jiraiza

please spoil it for me

You help a couple try to escape from the Resistance because they deserted. On the surface, they looked like they loved each other, but it turns out one of them had reformatted the other numerous times because reasons. That and they took my money.

JayEH

No, stay strong!

I think I'm at a point where you can't complete the side quest anymore that's why I ask.

You help a couple try to escape from the Resistance because they deserted. On the surface, they looked like they loved each other, but it turns out one of them had reformatted the other numerous times because reasons. That and they took my money.

thanks. I didn't have the money at the time they asked and finished up a story mission and they were gone when I came back. I didn't really feel like grinding for money though.

pezzie

Man I think I'm now paranoid enough to just try to do all side quests I can before I do main quests. I don't wanna miss out on any content!

I'm stuck on the "The Manager's Request" quest - how do I get into the gated area? I see a set of bridges in the trees that would lead onto the roof, but I don't know how to get up there...

pezzie

Listening to the soundtrack at work. This is some amazing stuff. I mainly focus on the lyrical tracks in game, but even the non lyrical stuff is pretty freaking great. Now I just want my weekend to start so I can bury myself into this game.

JayEH

I'm stuck on the "The Manager's Request" quest - how do I get into the gated area? I see a set of bridges in the trees that would lead onto the roof, but I don't know how to get up there...

If this is the quest I think it is...is there a person next to the gate who gave you another quest?

I kept rooting for you behind my screen :D
Oh wow thanks for the support! Yeah I'm really happy about this haha!

idk if this is in the email or not, so if you all wanna play it on release day you might have to find another way.
Yep, totally aware of that when I preordered again. I'm just glad I'm getting this! I can wait a bit longer!

If this is the quest I think it is...is there a person next to the gate who gave you another quest?

I see the connection you're trying to make - this quest is the one that I think opens the gate so that I can (at least I think) complete the other quest.

Any hints?

KodaRuss

Reading this thread is painful, still two weeks away with Nioh and Horizon standing in my way still. Also I am out of town for like 3 straight weeks, guess I do need a Switch.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hey! I guess it turns out
Yoko was not lying after all, just like i thought
, that's pretty awesome

Also, based on the end game, Yoko Taro took some major inspiration from
Toby Fox and Undertale
but i guess it was also true in reverse as well.

No wonder he was
so obsessed with Undertale more than a year back

ALso, really feeling the
relationship vibes in this game, 9S and 2B really are a canon pair huh,
i didn't think this game would go that route

TissueBox

I see the connection you're trying to make - this quest is the one that I think opens the gate so that I can (at least I think) complete the other quest.

Any hints?

There should be a narrow alleyway a biit more up north Iirc.

It's the same one you go through to get to
Pascal's village
if I'm not mistaken.

Been playing this for a few hours and it's kind of amazing to go from the first to this. This game is so much better than the original which I felt was mediocre at best.

Glad to hear the Black Box edition is available again. I locked in my pre-order months ago but that thing is going for crazy money online.

JayEH

Any hints?

oh ok I just booted up the game to see what quest it was. Got my quests mixed up. Have you beat the e3 2016 boss already? If so, then you'll want to go like you're going
to the machine village and you'll see the music box there.

There should be a narrow alleyway a biit more up north Iirc.

It's the same one you go through to get to
Pascal's village
if I'm not mistaken.

I hate it when people make edits between when you first see their post and when you quote them, then your quote reveals a spoiler. (Not your fault, just a stupid BB code complaint...)

Anyway, the alleyway off the main path to the north (on the left) is closed off with a big door. Should I assume this quest is meant for later, or?

oh ok I just booted up the game to see what quest it was. Got my quests mixed up. Have you beat the e3 2016 boss already? If so, then you'll want to go like you're going
to the machine village and you'll see the music box there.

So it's for after the boss then?

Aeana

I just got the quest called "11B's Memento" but I can't see a way to actually get to the destination on the map. Do I just need to wait?

ALso, really feeling the
Wait so that's an actual thing??? I remember people telling me somewhere else that it wouldn't happen since they are robots. I wanted it to be true!
Okay cool! Just wanted those who got it now to be aware is all.

Glad you were able to grab one!!
Thanks a bunch! Watching this order like a hawk now along with the BotW Master Edition.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Does the game have more than one village/hub? I remember the original Nier having multiple towns to visit.

I just got the quest called "11B's Memento" but I can't see a way to actually get to the destination on the map. Do I just need to wait?

There should be a truck you can climb onto that leads up to the overpass, which you can use to
get back to the factory.

Setsu00

Hey! I guess it turns out
Yoko was not lying after all, just like i thought
, that's pretty awesome

Also, based on the end game, Yoko Taro took some major inspiration from
Toby Fox and Undertale
but i guess it was also true in reverse as well.

No wonder he was
so obsessed with Undertale more than a year back

ALso, really feeling the

You mean about the happy ending?

TissueBox

I hate it when people make edits between when you first see their post and when you quote them, then your quote reveals a spoiler. (Not your fault, just a stupid BB code complaint...)

Anyway, the alleyway off the main path to the north (on the left) is closed off with a big door. Should I assume this quest is meant for later, or?

So it's for after the boss then?

Whoops my bad..!! I admit I also thought you were past that so put in the tags for others. >_< Will try to edit with care lol.... In any case yeah it'll become available after the boss

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
When does the review embargo lift for the NA version of the game?

Can i have some tips to beat the third part of the quest
where you race against a flying machine
? It's an early quest for those affraid to click the spoiler!

I can't manage to find how to do this quest! Thanks

Stalk

Spent seven hours with the game today, only ending I have so far is ending K. Lost it.

Everything so far has been pretty cool, some good little plot points, some nice little fanservice and overall I'm just enjoying it. Glad I caved and bought early.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just working my way through the (partial) OST on youtube... So good. Okabe really has outdone himself with this one.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So is the story in this game good? Is it emotional?

It is, very much so...if you like a certain critically and commercially acclaimed indie game from 2015, you'll love the story of this game. But of course i said that about the original Nier as well.

What i like best is that, games like bioshock, The original Nier, this game and that indie game all find some way to involve the player into the game world and make them feel like they are apart of events, so when things happen, you feel just as invested as the characters

Slater

Banned
2B x 9S are a really cute/sweet/sad couple

Yoko Taro deserves more credit as a romance writer, it's never extremely overt but 2B/9S, Nier/Kaine and Caim/Angeleus are all really well written canon relationships that contrast how sad and dark the rest of there games are strongly.

Bioware/Nomura/Tabata could all learn a thing or twenty from him in that regard

Just completed "11B's Momento" and
decided to tell 16D about her attempted desertion.... Didn't expect that reaction but god do I feel like shit. ;_;'

I already bought it digitally, so as long as it arrives in one piece, I don't mind when I get it.

Edit: It's gone already. :(

Top Bottom