• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

I didn't tell her so what happened?

I picked the other option. What happens when you pick that one?

"When told of 11B's escape plan, 16D mockingly recalls how hideously strict 11B had been with her. Now, she says, she can happily devote herself to her work. She looks delighted as she says it."

She gives you 5000G + A Melee +6 Upgrade and a few other things, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

;_;'

What happens if you don't? Nothing?

I usually don't post much but I decided to log in and say this.

This may be the greatest action RPG I have ever played in my life. I feel like 14 years old again. The music and story are so good. The environments remind me of Shadow of the Colossus. That
theme park zone and then to come out to all the robots with white flags.
omg. I just played a boss that starts out like Ninja Gaiden then switches to a top down shooter, then drops a
arcade mini game into it.
Huge cutscene ensues that made my jaw drop. Oh wait now I'm fighting the boss again with all the mechanics I just mentioned happening at the same time. Even had a one hit kill mechanic added in.

I have never played a game that mixes 3d action, 2d sidescroller, top down shooter gameplay all together. It is brilliant.

I might need to go back and play the originals.

I'm too weak, I've spoiled myself on the endings. But damn. I think this is probably Yoko Taro's Masterpiece. In total. Not a Flawed Masterpiece. Not a Diamond in the Rough. Not just a "weird game" Straight Masterpiece. I can see why he was so happy in making this game. His and his teams' Souls Beam from every facet of it.

TissueBox

A theme of this game is robots being pretty human like

Haven't finished all of the game yet but I can say that playing through it so far has evoked some (tiny bit spoilery, maybe, at least theme-wise:)
Wizard of Oz
for me. Can't wait to see how it all wraps up. (Mind you this is a personal notion, not a directly stated one of course.)

JayEH

"When told of 11B's escape plan, 16D mockingly recalls how hideously strict 11B had been with her. Now, she says, she can happily devote herself to her work. She looks delighted as she says it."

She gives you 5000G + A Melee +6 Upgrade and a few other things, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

;_;'

She says they were in a relationship and that she wants to become a combat model now. Also doesn't need protecting anymore.

LotusHD

Banned
I usually don't post much but I decided to log in and say this.

This may be the greatest action RPG I have ever played in my life. I feel like 14 years old again. The music and story are so good. The environments remind me of Shadow of the Colossus. That
theme park zone and then to come out to all the robots with white flags.
omg. I just played a boss that starts out like Ninja Gaiden then switches to a top down shooter, then drops a
arcade mini game into it.
Huge cutscene ensues that made my jaw drop. Oh wait now I'm fighting the boss again with all the mechanics I just mentioned happening at the same time. Even had a one hit kill mechanic added in.

I have never played a game that mixes 3d action, 2d sidescroller, top down shooter gameplay all together. It is brilliant.

I might need to go back and play the originals.

Holy shit, the hype.

I'm too weak, I've spoiled myself on the endings. But damn. I think this is probably Yoko Taro's Masterpiece. In total. Not a Flawed Masterpiece. Not a Diamond in the Rough. Not just a "weird game" Straight Masterpiece. I can see why he was so happy in making this game. His and his teams' Souls Beam from every facet of it.

Great to hear!

TissueBox

;_;'

Woow lmao this game. Let's just say it's a
lose-lose; if you lie she'll reminisce over how much they loved each other and that 11B promised to protect her (which turned out to be untrue). She then implies she doesn't have a reason to protect herself anymore and does the same thing there. The lesser of two evils and all that. You still cone out feeling shitty. :(

Futility
, baby, wherever you go. >_<

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
2B x 9S are a really cute/sweet/sad couple

Yoko Taro deserves more credit as a romance writer, it's never extremely overt but 2B/9S, Nier/Kaine and Caim/Angeleus are all really well written canon relationships that contrast how sad and dark the rest of there games are strongly.

Bioware/Nomura/Tabata could all learn a thing or twenty from him in that regard

I thought Sora and Kairi's relationship was actually pretty decently written..in the first game :l Nojima be slackin after that, although to give him more credit, Tifa and Cloud is still one my fave pairings in gaming.

But yeah, i'm really feeling this game

Can i have some tips to beat the third part of the quest
where you race against a flying machine
? It's an early quest for those affraid to click the spoiler!

I can't manage to find how to do this quest! Thanks

P.S : I'm pretty new to gaf, i don't know if it's frowned upon to repost the same question that i posted on the precedent page (but didn't get any answer to it)

GrayChild

Just caved in and watched that E3 2016 trailer boss fight. I thought it would feel and play the same as back then, but HOLY SHIT. There are so many new things happening in it.

Seriously, the PC release can't come soon enough. This game will be remembered as this generation's cult hit masterpiece, I'm sure of it.

LotusHD

Banned
Just caved in and watched that E3 2016 trailer boss fight. I thought it would feel and play the same as back then, but HOLY SHIT. There are so many new things happening in it.

It's the only boss fight I spoiled for myself, and yea, I can't believe that much extra shit happens in the fight. Like it wasn't already impressive enough.

For those wondering, to do the pole-spin like in the trailers, you need a 2H sword in your light slot, and the spear in your heavy.

Simply combo them and she'll spin on the spear while attacking.

Setsu00

I'm not sure if I agree. All of the endings spell out doom for everyone, even if they may not show the actual destruction on screen. I do think though that the message ending E is sending is incredibly uplifting, despite the fact that it will most likely result in the same tragedy as all the other endings.

Slaythe

The performance is pretty bad on ps4pro, hope they can iron out the stuttering but I'm not holding my breath...

Will have to get a highly discounted steam version at some point.

The performance is pretty bad on ps4pro, hope they can iron out the stuttering but I'm not holding my breath...

Will have to get a highly discounted steam version at some point.

It's 60fps 99% of the time.

If you're speaking about the judder when entering a new area of the map, I kinda understand, but I certainly don't think it's that much of an issue, let alone "pretty bad."

Just an FYI to those getting off the wait list and getting a BB.

idk if this is in the email or not, so if you all wanna play it on release day you might have to find another way.

I got my email earlier and ordered with much haste.

I'm only slightly bummed that I forgot about this detail, but with Horizon coming and I have a NES Classic arriving tonight, I'll be busy enough until it shows up. I'm just happy I got the thing, I'll gladly take a bit of a delay in playing it.

Slaythe

It's 60fps 99% of the time.

If you're speaking about the judder when entering a new area of the map, I kinda understand, but I certainly don't think it's that much of an issue, let alone "pretty bad."

That would be reasonable if their world streaming was better thought out, as it currently stands, dashing at full speed results in stutter every 5 seconds on plane surfaces.

That's really not what I call fine as it sort of ruins the movement and exploration IMO.

That would be reasonable if their world streaming was better thought out, as it currently stands, dashing at full speed results in stutter every 5 seconds on plane surfaces.

That's really not what I call fine as it sort of ruins the movement and exploration IMO.

on normal ps4 it's reaaaaaly bad in the open world... i will have to redo it on steam too later

Slaythe

on normal ps4 it's reaaaaaly bad in the open world... i will have to redo it on steam too later

They're lucky the soothing OST allows the exploration to remain a positive.

But yeah, I can't wait for that 15 bucks deal on steam in 6 months or so :p .

Hmm was thinking about cancelling my preorder...so no?

Never played Nier so idk how lost I'll be in the story or whatnot?

No it's a stand alone game. Some references here and there of the past games but nothing that will make you lost.

Uubumaster

Neo Member
I'm currently locked on a loading screen with
weird questions
, the game tells me that the game has not finished installation. Will I lose all progress if I chohse to leave the game while waiting for the download to complete ?

Thanks !

Inuhanyou

I'm not sure if I agree. All of the endings spell out doom for everyone, even if they may not show the actual destruction on screen. I do think though that the message ending E is sending is incredibly uplifting, despite the fact that it will most likely result in the same tragedy as all the other endings.

Leaving the possibility open for a better future is as happy as Yoko taro gets, just accept the glass half full scenario lmao. Its far better than the ending Kaine and Yonah were left with, and especially Zero and Caim and Angelus

Makikou

Oh my the
Amusement Park zone
is fucking fantastic.
The music is fantastic and the lyrics seem to be about YoRHa or am I just mishearing the words?

Also question for those who have played through first playthru around level 10:
Do you guys think it's necessary do side-stuff? I've done some sidequests from Pascals village etc meanwhile the main objective is to go locate the signal in that huge crater in city ruins. Feels i'm atleast 6lvls under enemy levels but I dont know how much levels mean. Wish I could upgrade my swords but some of the materials seem quite rare.

Asking again since no one replied a few pages ago.

Inuhanyou

They shipped FFXV.

Basically the lowest of all standards.

Um, you mean Platinum? They are no strangers to bad performance. i think they should have shipped this game with a 30fps option just for fluidity's sake

I'm currently locked on a loading screen with
weird questions
, the game tells me that the game has not finished installation. Will I lose all progress if I chohse to leave the game while waiting for the download to complete ?

Thanks !

wait that the download is finished, don't leave the screen or you will have to redo the intro!

Slaythe

Nice! And from what people are saying it's amazing? Story's good, game plays good?

Also, what's the deal with the PS4Pro performance?

1) Story starts basic and expands slowly but surely, adds more details and story on replays

2) The gameplay is great but you need to play on Hard mode for it to shine, otherwise "normal" is a bit too repetitive since you're not compelled to learn the game better

3) Ps4Pro combat is great, interiors and stuff are great, the "open world" has some stuttering when you are running at full speed or just randomly. It's distracting, I'm not gonna lie. It's not game breaking but still, hope they could iron things out in a patch. Not holding my breath.

JayEH

yeah game is a bit rough on performance at times. It's a "Platinum 60 fps". Even bayo would drop to the 40s on 360 and that's a linear level based game.

Slaythe

For the record, it does hold 60 fps for the most part, it barely drops.

The stutters are most likely caused by streaming issues, that don't exist on modern PCs and that they realized too late in development would be a problem on ps4.

Top Bottom