• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

pezzie

Being stuck at work while in the middle of route C is hell. It's taking everything in my power to stop myself from just spoiling myself on everything else, I just want to know what happens next! The game does a really good job drawing you in, I care way more about these androids with funky names than most other video game characters.

I've done everything but i'm still missing a tutorial... i mean what?

Also, any idea how to complete the quest about the wise machine? Does it count as one?

man can't wait for a guide about locked treasure chest... still missing some archive

There's a severe lack of gifs in this thread.

giphy.gif

JayEH

I've done everything but i'm still missing a tutorial... i mean what?

Also, any idea how to complete the quest about the wise machine? Does it count as one?

man can't wait for a guide about locked treasure chest... still missing some archive

I noticed I'm missing one too. I just assumed it's something to do with getting all main endings.

Okay i'm missing two weapon, need help!

I know that it's supposed to be Emil that sold them to you, bracer type-3 and Angel's foly! But he NEVER have them, do i need to do something special?

I refer partially to the sfw rule and partially to the spoiler rule. (Mainly the former.)

Don't want conversation to get stuck going that way, you know? Had enough of that in pre-release threads.

Most already know that's A2 and it was shown in trailers, so it's not a spoiler in the classic sense.

You know, it isn't even nsfw. Someone wanted a gif and I made a joke post. And no one is talking about this except you. So right now I see only one person derailing this thread.

Is it normal not to have bracers by the end of Route A?

Went the entire route without seeing one and it made me sad.

You know, it isn't even nsfw. Someone wanted a gif and I made a joke post. And no one is talking about this except you. So right now I see only one person derailing this thread.

Alright alright, so long as it doesn't distract from the game/discussion as a whole it should be fine. Just wanted to avoid the rabbit hole.

My bad.

Ferr986

Now that I see that gif (I do think it's a lil nsfw but whatever lol) I remember asking if you could turn off the clothing destruction but no one had an answer yet. Is that possible?

JayEH

Fully upgraded Engine Blade is really good so I use that a lot. Usually I have 1H sword + 2H sword or Bracers + 1H sword. Trying to experiment to find some other combos.

raven777

Anything that was shown in any of the official PR material should never be considered spoiler.

Now that I see that gif (I do think it's a lil nsfw but whatever lol) I remember asking if you could turn off the clothing destruction but no one had an answer yet. Is that possible?

Yes there is an item that you can equip to turn off clothing destruction. I think there is an item that does the opposite as well but I don't have it yet.

Hektor

€:^ I did not know that, disreagrd my post in that case

It's a pointless feature you have to go out of your way to use for the most part, altho for one of the characters it's tied to a damage buff.

LotusHD

Banned
Once I have them open to me ill be trying out Bracers + Spears, but so far it's been 1H Swords + Spears.

Since most encounters just become *insert 100 enemies here*, i played a large majority of the game just with spear+greatsword. (Tons of aoe damage)
Then dual swords for speed and mobility, in and out of combat.

Engine Blade + Spear with the face on it. Virtuous something.

Fully upgraded Engine Blade is really good so I use that a lot. Usually I have 1H sword + 2H sword or Bracers + 1H sword. Trying to experiment to find some other combos.

Interesting... Also nice to know the Engine Blade doesn't suck.

€:^ I did not know that, disreagrd my post in that case

It's a pointless feature you have to go out of your way to use for the most part, altho for one of the characters it's tied to a damage buff.

Lmao what.

Ferr986

Yes there is an item that you can equip to turn off clothing destruction. I think there is an item that does the opposite as well but I don't have it yet.

Thanks!

It's just that I think clothing destruction mechanics look rather bad/stupid (especially when it's more about getting naked rather than having visible scars in your outfit), so it's cool that you can avoid it. I can simply take that character as a hard mode of sorts lol

raven777

Just so people don't get confused: Clothes destruction system in this game isn't something where your clothes break when you get damaged. You have to actually execute special command to destroy your clothes.
So many people will go through game without ever breaking the clothes.

Hektor

Lmao what.

Yea, i don't understand the connection either

Well, it wasn't pointless for me at least... :p

Pontless unless you're in for the hometown action ofcourse. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's just that I think clothing destruction mechanics look rather bad/stupid (especially when it's more about getting naked rather than having visible scars in your outfit), so it's cool that you can avoid it. I can simply take that character as a hard mode of sorts lol

Personally, i played the game on hard and never even used the damage buff outside the first boss. There are easier ways to heighten your damage output.

JayEH

Just so people don't get confused: Clothes destruction system in this game isn't something where your clothes break when you get damaged. You have to actually execute special command to destroy your clothes.

Yeah wouldn't even know about it unless I saw it in this thread.

Did they seriously go with the clothes destroying? Christ.

EDIT: Okay good there's an item to turn it off.

Not only is there an item to turn it off, you almost don't need to see it at all, since it's mainly just tied to the use of the
self-destruct
feature.
(You don't fully die, but you lose your clothes and limp around with 1HP.)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Raven777

pezzie

So what's everyone's weapon class

2B: 1h sword, 2h sword / 1h sword, spear
9S: spear / sword
A2: 1h sword, 2h sword / 1h sword, spear

It took me too long to get fist weapons, I finally got them but I haven't really messed around too much with them.

As far as which weapons I'm using, for 1h sword I'm using Cruel Oath because that is currently my only level 4 sword. I haven't been getting Memory Alloy drops at all, and most swords need those. I really would rather use Engine Blade, for that sweet FFXV font action.

For 2h sword, Fang of the Twins for the same reason, it's currently my only 2h sword at level 4. It also did not require Memory Alloys to upgrade.

For spear, I think I'm using the Type-4O lance. It's only level 3 right now, I don't have any lances at level 4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is hand to hand combat feasible? Or you can't upgrade it at all?
Are there at least some gauntlets that look a bit smaller?

Considering you level up, i'd assume your damage atleast becomes reasonable in hand to hand as well even if it isn't anywhere near as strong as weapons. Dont see why your fists would stay at level 1

Goli

Guys, probably been asked before but I couldn't easily find an answer:
What's a reliable source of HK PSN cards and how is the whole process of setting an account up like as your main one? I already have one though, since I bought Lightning Returns on its Japanese launch from it, but I don't know what' doing that is like on PS4.

N° 2048

Guys, probably been asked before but I couldn't easily find an answer:
What's a reliable source of HK PSN cards and how is the whole process of setting an account up like as your main one? I already have one though, since I bought Lightning Returns on its Japanese launch from it, but I don't know what' doing that is like on PS4.

Play Asia

Do they show up in the cutscenes? 2B looks badass in your avatar.

later game story thing, or is she always blindfolded?
image.php

Top Bottom