• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Holy shit, so I might actually get my game either by tomorrow or Friday instead of Monday like I thought. This is the first time an order from Amazon has come from a warehouse that's actually in my state lol.

Super fucking pumped.

I'm waiting for the delivery guy to bring my copy right now.

Edit: STILL WAITING

Edit2:
2acc08ac-f5cb-4bbb-b11d-3a12010d33e3.jpg

JayEH

Could someone explain how the Routes work? Do you get any different sections etc?
Route B is unlocked after completing A and this is the same campaign as A but with some new gameplay mechanics, new cutscenes, and new sections. Route C is after completing B and is an entirely new campaign.

Some routes are completely different content. Check in the OT and someone might explain it there in more detail.

Route B is unlocked after completing A and this is the same campaign as A but with some new gameplay mechanics, new cutscenes, and new sections. Route C is after completing B and is an entirely new campaign.

Thanks! So does route A take 15-20 hours to finish alone? And being that route C is new I'm guessing it's quite short?

jonjonaug

Thanks! So does route A take 15-20 hours to finish alone? And being that route C is new I'm guessing it's quite short?

Depends on how many sidequests you do.

In terms of story missions Route A is about half of the game and Route C is the other half. Route B is a replay of Route A but with some additional and changed scenes.

However you'll likely spend the most amount of time on Route A simply because of the sidequests. You can do some (but not all) missed sidequests on Route B too. Sidequests in Route C/D tend to be shorter, except for the few that require very high completion percentage that you probably won't bother with until after clearing all the endings.

Koozek

Do you only play games that have 90 mc scores? That just seems like your depriving yourself of a lot of great games

I like the game alot so far, the world is interesting in its own way with good art direction even if its not the prettiest, fighting feels great and 2b might be my favorite character design in a long time, i never played nier or drakenguard but ive been deep diving into that lore and its really interesting and cool stuff
I don't have time for mediocrity, sorry. Won't play Horizon either as long as it's at 89.

hao chi

I mean, I want to buy the game, but what if it slips back to sub-90 levels again.

Shit, I should have waited until more reviews were in before buying it at launch.

Anyway, I plan on starting Automata today. I'm still having a blast with Zelda, but I think my addiction has tempered off another that I can play something else for a bit (I say that as I'm sitting here eager to play more Zelda...).

This game is absolutely sick love the gameplay massive environment and music is top notch glad I pre-ordered so worth.

Thi q1 is slowly becoming one of the best ever. I'm at the limits of having my handle on all these damn games man

Sad the limited edition is only se store though

No idea how the upgrades work though and I hope ps4 gets a resolution bump sometime seems like it could easily handle that

Koozek

I'm calling you out, sporting a FFXV, a game that is an 81 which might as well be 0, avatar, what do you have to say in your defense?
/s
Never played that. Is that the GTA-like game with the car and the half-naked mechanic? I googled "John Wick game" and my avatar came up. Thought it looked cool.

Depends on how many sidequests you do.

In terms of story missions Route A is about half of the game and Route C is the other half. Route B is a replay of Route A but with some additional and changed scenes.

However you'll likely spend the most amount of time on Route A simply because of the sidequests. You can do some (but not all) missed sidequests on Route B too. Sidequests in Route C/D tend to be shorter, except for the few that require very high completion percentage that you probably won't bother with until after clearing all the endings.

Oh I see, thanks for explaining.

Gbraga

Why did I wait so much to play Drakengard 3? What a great game. Got to the end of Branch A last night, and it's just batshit insane right now.

Eumi

Ugh I need to stop reading this thread. Amazon says my copy arrives tomorrow but it hasn't even been dispatched yet.

SephLuis

Why did I wait so much to play Drakengard 3? What a great game. Got to the end of Branch A last night, and it's just batshit insane right now.

Please make a LTTP before getting the last ending. Once you find two more branches, create the thread. We will be there to accompany you in the last one =D

Gbraga

I can't make threads :p

I'll bump the OT, instead.

Oh, something interesting, I was jokingly calling the very first level "Boletaria", but then Branch A ends in
Anor Londo
. It can't be a coincidence, right? Even the boss room, haha.

Now I want to play it too

Do it!

The framerate is REALLY bad, worse than you're probably imagining. But the game is much better than I expected, going by reactions from even people who liked Nier.

Hektor

I can't make threads :p

I'll bump the OT, instead.

Oh, something interesting, I was jokingly calling the very first level "Boletaria", but then Branch A ends in
Anor Londo
. It can't be a coincidence, right? Even the boss room, haha.

Can't wait to see your reactions during the final stretch of the game.

Also, this just made me lookup Drake3's OT and wow, that one had 27 pages. That sure is a difference to Automata's current 133 and counting

Top Bottom