• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... |OT| Unto Thy Shade

I just finished The B run through and have gone through a bunch of the third. I think I might quit though since from what I understand you need to get all the weapons to get the D ending which is the only way to get the E play through.

Looking at the weapons it will take forever to get them all. I have enjoyed my time with the game but that kind of busywork for the core experience Is just sad. Am I correct about getting the E play through or is it available after the Completing the game three times and just getting the C ending?

It’s not bad getting the weapons, the difficulty/grind is upgrading them (but you don’t need to do that).

If you liked the game and characters, I’d highly recommend doing it and getting endings D and E. They are by far the best ones.

It’s not bad getting the weapons, the difficulty/grind is upgrading them (but you don’t need to do that).

If you liked the game and characters, I’d highly recommend doing it and getting endings D and E. They are by far the best ones.
I'm early in the game (I reached Seafront). Is there something I should keep in mind to get all endings? FYI I already know I have to get all the weapons.

Bridges

I'm early in the game (I reached Seafront). Is there something I should keep in mind to get all endings? FYI I already know I have to get all the weapons.
There are a few specific side quests you will have to finish to unlock all the weapons, a few hidden around in crates, a few you'll have to buy from a town weapon shop, and one that you get finishing route B. The rest you will just unlock through the story. You'll get almost all of them just playing the game, maybe towards the end of playthrough B pull up a guide to see which side quests are necessary to get them all.

Otherwise, not much you need to keep in mind. Only other thing of note is you should remember to keep a save from right before you complete route C, because route D is exactly the same except for the choice at the end so you'll save yourself a bunch of time doing it this way.

Valonquar

LTTP....held out for PS+ to hand it to me for "free": God damn the item drop rates for upgrade materials was annoying as fuck. If you subtract the reloading and grinding for those this is a 20 hour game tops. Got all 5 endings and honestly without ending E it would have felt really disappointing. Automata definitely took over afterward well and improved things a lot. It just also sort of falls in this weird inbetween where it wasn't as out-there WTF weird as Drakkenguards and not as cool as Automata.

LTTP....held out for PS+ to hand it to me for "free": God damn the item drop rates for upgrade materials was annoying as fuck. If you subtract the reloading and grinding for those this is a 20 hour game tops. Got all 5 endings and honestly without ending E it would have felt really disappointing. Automata definitely took over afterward well and improved things a lot. It just also sort of falls in this weird inbetween where it wasn't as out-there WTF weird as Drakkenguards and not as cool as Automata.

E was great but even the original with D went out on a high note. Automata is probably a better game but the cast and story is so unbelievably good in Replicant. Material grind sucked but just getting the weapons and through the main story/endings was not bad at all. Too many people give up because C/D can get repetitive. But those people probably don’t care as much about the characters and story.

I agree. What helped me power through the tedium of collecting all weapons was the superb graphics and outstanding music. Automata was a huge improvement in that regard, especially when you unlock all chapters after the 3rd ending so you don't have to play route C all over again.
I'm still absolutely in love with the world, the mood, the main characters, the voice acting, the variety in gameplay, the story and lore. The tragic storylines became very predictable though. Would love to see more games with that budget range where you can have a short game with solid visuals and gameplay, but where the world and story are original and daring.

Virex

Banned
Item drop rates were a bit imporved in 1.5. Did you try plat OG Nier. Now that was a bitch

Valonquar

Down to just the White Moonflower trophy for plat... F that time zone manipulation crap lol... I guess it will be finished next week

skit_data

Sorry for a off topic post in the wrong games OT thread (for some reason my account can't post in the actual NieR: Automata OT thread) but here goes:

Does anyone here know if it's possible to fix issues with Nier Automata crashing on PS5? I had no issues at first but the game seems to crash more and more frequently the more I progress. It's my first time playing it and it has quickly become a contender of my personal top games from last gen, it's simply brilliant. It's a huge bummer to experience these issues in this particular game due to gameplay at times being very intense and requires focus, so having progress wiped out of nowhere just sucks.

killatopak

Gold Member
Sorry for a off topic post in the wrong games OT thread (for some reason my account can't post in the actual NieR: Automata OT thread) but here goes:

Does anyone here know if it's possible to fix issues with Nier Automata crashing on PS5? I had no issues at first but the game seems to crash more and more frequently the more I progress. It's my first time playing it and it has quickly become a contender of my personal top games from last gen, it's simply brilliant. It's a huge bummer to experience these issues in this particular game due to gameplay at times being very intense and requires focus, so having progress wiped out of nowhere just sucks.
did some google-fu. it seems that the crashes are most likely related to the large hole opened up in the map.

Some say to skirt around it to get to the tunnel straight while some report that just ignoring the 3 giant snake monsters to be useful in avoiding the crash. It seems to be an ps5 specific unpatched bug.

If that's not where you are crashing, try putting the ps5 in offline mode while playing but be sure to put it back up in online before the endings.

Last edited:

skit_data

did some google-fu. it seems that the crashes are most likely related to the large hole opened up in the map.

Some say to skirt around it to get to the tunnel straight while some report that just ignoring the 3 giant snake monsters to be useful in avoiding the crash. It seems to be an ps5 specific unpatched bug.

If that's not where you are crashing, try putting the ps5 in offline mode while playing but be sure to put it back up in online before the endings.
Damn, that was some quick googling, thanks! Now that you mention it the crashes seem to prone occur when entering that area. I saw someone in a reddit thread mention having the camera directed at water falls also seem to cause crashing on PS5 and since there are a few in that area I guess it's possible that it also contributes to the issue. I guess I'll just try remembering to quicksave often and avoid the areas prone to cause the crashing.

I tried moving the game off my external HDD onto my M2 SSD, that way the game will at least load/boot a few milliseconds faster than before inbetween the crashes, heh.
Would be sweet with a PS5 patch/version of this game to sort out the crashing and bring some QoL upgrades like higher resolution and LoD transitions. Fast traveling would also improve greatly if it could take full advantage of the storage speed.

NieR Automata really makes me wanna check out Replicant as well, so I'll probably get back to this OT at some point with less off topic posts xD

Edit: The game got a patch today (1.07). I can't help to wonder if me sending all those crash reports might have helped them solving a few bugs.

Last edited:

skit_data

Just came back to this thread to say these two games should be considered essentials not only within interactive media but as an utmosts proof that games can go beyond other forms of media in several story telling aspects.

I could go on and on because both Automata and Replicant are incredible in so many ways, but I'll just say that NieR Automata is now my number 1 game of last gen and playing Replicant just feeds into my regard of Automata further.

Unequivocal classics.

but spamming R2 and light spear attack in Replicant in order to get everywhere while the only means of fast travel is crap kinda drags it down despite everything else being 10/10

Top Bottom