• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like it's up to the Wii U version or wait for Itagaki's Devils Third to redeem this awful looking situation.

BTW, does anybody know if Devil's Third has Ninja's in it??

It's a multiplayer shooter first and foremost I think. Just based off the few things Itagaki has said in interviews about the game.

but we really know next to nothing about it.

Misfits

Neo Member
So it looks like it's up to the Wii U version or wait for Itagaki's Devils Third to redeem this awful looking situation.

BTW, does anybody know if Devil's Third has Ninja's in it??

who will be doing the Wii U port? Is it outsourced to another developer?

For those interested, the review basically said how simplified the game was, making Ninja Gaiden a mere shadow of itself.

One weapon, one ninpo, invulnerable during combos, automated combos and a terrible, terrible story.

Game is just a piece of shit really.

Can't believe it went from something like Black to this. Complete garbage.

Steel on Bone™

the last game had true Steel on Bone™, even when the bone went up in a poof of purple sparkley smoke like something out of a morbid Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper, but don't worry, this one feels like Steel on Bone™

Metal Gear revengeance

This game's announcement single-handedly saved hardcore action games. Devil's Third is 2013 and NG+DMC both bowed out of being hardcore games...I would be much more angry about NG3 if Revengeance hadn't been announced.

The worst part of that video is Ryu running away.

>Ryu Hayabusa
>Running away
>From an enemy

Come back Itagaki!!!!!

Can't wait to read some quotes about his thoughts on the game. If he even bothers to check it out, that is.

MechaX

You know... I was actually very close to giving this game the benefit of the doubt, today. I was like "well, DLC weapons does kinda suck, and Ryu and his enemies are pretty wussified, but it's pretty hard to mess up the foundations of NG, so maybe Hayashi didn't do that bad."

... But then I saw that T-Rex boss fight. Generic looking, but I still thought "Well, maybe this is just a standard giant dinosaur fight, so it can't be all that hard to mess up." But when the player's tactics soon resorted to "maybe slide out of the way and let the dinosaur hop around and eventually trip" I started to get sad.

But then I saw that Crash Bandicoot segment after that... Ugh, fucking terrible. And then I decided to look at the reviews released for it.

Yeah, Team Ninja Dog fucking confirmed.

SkylineRKR

I'm wondering though, will Itagaki laugh or cry? He can say 'see, those guys are shit without me'. But on the other hand its his creation thats being run into the ground.

i agree and i'm hoping that they'll get another chance, which they use by consulting fans of Ninja Gaiden. A great sequel to NG1 is waiting to happen...hell, even a by-the-numbers follow up with just slight tweaks to the battle system and a new scenario would be nice at this point.

If anything this all made me look at NG2 differently. I initially thought NG2 was quite the disappointment and Itagaki might be overrated etc but I now I miss the times when NG was still like NG2, and Itagaki was still in league with Team Ninja.

Hayashi had in NG2 a potentially great game to toy with. All that game needed was some fine tuning and polishing. He fucked up, I found Sigma 2 to be dull and boring somehow. Something wasn't right with that game. And whats Hayashi's obsession with kicking statues asses?

And now we have NG3, the first one that Hayashi and co. built up from the ground. And it sucks ass. So yeah. All we can hope is that it bombs, but that Tecmo still sees it as an important franchise and feels forced to change it back to its roots.

Demon Ice

Banned
This is tragic but unsurprising. This game looked set to fail from the very first gameplay trailer. Shame. I'll always remember the good times in NG1.

itagaki should do an in-depth review of it.

xJKEe.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Any T-Rex tripping over .gifs in yet? The animation looks hilarious.

Tripping is putting it lightly, it looks like he is powerbombing his own head into the ground

They wanted to grind it up for the leader's herbal tea or something, right? It's been so many years since I played that game haha, I should dig it up again.

Yeah, it's written in on of their diaries, so stupid lol.

That T-Rex fight looks awful.

I was willing to give Team Ninja Dog a chance, since I really liked Ninja Gaiden DS.

The DOA5 demo will be up today for everyone right?

Yager

Banned
That T-Rex fight...I don't know if I find it hilarious or sad. Well, at least one thing is clear for the people that said Itagaki was overrated: Ninja Gaiden used to be what it was because of him. Yeah, NG2 was not as awesome as NG or NG: Black, but it was also the time when he and the company were having troubles working together.

Oh, one more thing: I'm very worried about DOA 5. I know that the fact tha NG3 sucks balls doesn't mean that DOA 5 will, but yeah, I'm worried. The good thing is that now I have faith in Devil's Third and I want to see some stuff of it NOW. Also, I can't wait to read what Itagaki thinks about NG 3 and what has the current Team Ninja done with the franchise.

raven777

Everyone is talking about t-rex. I haven't seen it yet and I will wait til I actually get the game to see how funny it is

Ken

Watched the T-Rex fight, and then a few more videos from the same person. The game seems like it's in between Asura's Wrath and a Ninja Gaiden game, but can't decide which and ends up kind of bad in both ways.

I'd be day one for a Hayabusa's Wrath though.

HYDE

Banned
That T-Rex video made me angry.
What the hell.. Ninja Gaiden, man.. This was my favourite game.. Itagaki :(

There was a skeletal T-Rex in part one... quit with the noise.
This game is no less bound in reality than any of the past Gaidens.

If people are doubting the score, check out the boss fight at 42:00. Probably the worst boss in any game this gen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLhAAYgqYc&feature=player_embedded
I can't believe this is Ninja Gaiden

iHVgBUxpx5pVT.gif

If you think the majority of the complaints and negative reactions to the T-Rex video was because of the fact that it was a T-Rex...

iHVgBUxpx5pVT.gif

benzy

That dead zombie T-rex in NG1 had more intelligence than that piece of shit we're seeing in NG3.

I feel bad for Hayashi though after that IGN review score. I doubt the game is that bad. I remember Hayashi making this comment and wondered how NG3 was going to turn out.

“I think Ninja Gaiden II is already outdated,” Hayashi explained in an exclusive interview with Play. “That’s why we are making Ninja Gaiden III from scratch.”

When prodded about the impact Bayonetta has had on the 3D action genre, Hayashi added “Bayonetta has some good stuff but Bayonetta is old, game design wise, already.”

He also says that Team Ninja ‘doesn’t care’ about living up to the infamously tough difficulty levels of previous outings in the series.

“Difficulty level is not the main element we are focusing on,” Hayashi explained. “The focus we have is that a new Ryu Hayabusa is the main character for Ninja Gaiden III. Also, we are aiming to be the number one 3D action game. If we can do that we are fine not focusing on difficulty level. We don’t care. But to prevent misunderstanding, Ninja Gaiden fans will still really love it. That is our responsibility. We make sure the fans of the series are satisfied by our game.”

Grow up manchild, insults are childish.

Says the guy who throws out an direct insult

Started reading at his comment, so quit assuming.

Says the guy who assumes they were talking about the wackiness of a dinosaur instead of the actual boss fight itself.

Seriously, you just keep making yourself look dumber with every post. Quit while you're ahead, paco.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
lol wow.Pretty ridiculous. Still buying it.

Yeah, I don't think anyone's laughing at the fact that there's a dinosaur, it's the atrocious AI and the straight-outta-1997 running into the screen section directly after.

Top Bottom