• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

ng3wtrqklg.gif

Is this a gif from a released NINJA GAIDEN game?

danmaku

Considering the current sad state of affairs, I fear the "improvements" they might make.

With the WiiU tablet we might get a fruit ninja bonus stage!

I doubt that they will make substantial improvements. It'll look better and run better, I guess, but what else? they won't revisit the entire combat system and add all the missing weapons in 6 months. That said, if they really do it, I'll get a WiiU instantly.

ultim8p00

Banned
K it's time someone posted something interesting and relevant:

http://www.primagames.com/blog/ninja-gaiden-3-top-ten-techniques

Steel on bone has its place, might be an integral part of your strategy at higher difficulties.

Wow, that was actually pretty comforting to read. Seems like there might be some high-level mechanics we just don't know about in this game. How do you initiate a steel on bone? Unless there is something we are missing, it's a random occurrence.

I guess the old mechanic of invincible boss until it falls down, then you whale away on it, then it gets up and invincible again is still alive in this day and age. Except, normally what you do with the invincible boss is you knock it down yourself somehow and then you whale on it when it's down. It doesn't just fall down as part of it's pattern.

It seems that Ryu Hayabusa is now Kratos. Everywhere you go, QTEs are being put into games. Someone should tell Bioware they missed out by not having any QTEs in Mass Effect 3.

I kind of want to rent this just for that lulz voice acting. Somehow while everyone was focusing on the mentally challenged T-rex, nobody was noticing how deliciously terrible that voice acting was.

Endo Punk

Who would have known that out of all the characters in the action genre it would be Kratos who stays true to the nature of the series. GOW, NG and DMC are arguably the only action games to make the transition to the current gen and were created in the last gen. I get the feeling Kratos is to blame for Dante and Ryu's westernization. I guess he truly did rule over the other games. Sigh.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Who would have known that out of all the characters in the action genre it would be Kratos who stays true to the nature of the series. GOW, NG and DMC are arguably the only action games to make the transition to the current gen and were created in the last gen. I get the feeling Kratos is to blame for Dante and Ryu's westernization. I guess he truly did rule over the other games. Sigh.

Platinum Games seems to have taken up the slack for the entire generation really with DMC to Bayonetta and now Ninja Gaiden to MGR:Revengeance. Its sad to see the once pillar franchises of the action genre have their testicles disintegrated, but as long as Platinum keep bringing the noise its not a total wash.

I'm doubting if I'm even going to play this now. It just looks terrible, and I already left Ninja Gaiden 2 feeling like the franchise was done.

Endo Punk

Platinum Games seems to have taken up the slack for the entire generation really with DMC to Bayonetta and now Ninja Gaiden to MGR:Revengeance. Its sad to see the once pillar franchises of the action genre have their testicles disintegrated, but as long as Platinum keep bringing the noise its not a total wash.

I'm doubting if I'm even going to play this now. It just looks terrible, and I already left Ninja Gaiden 2 feeling like the franchise was done.

I can't get into Bayo, I prefer my action games on the ground and not floating in the air. But I aknowledge that it may well be the best we have. I love the GOW games too but not for the same I reason I enjoyed the old DMC and NG games.

Im expecting Revengeance to blow the lid open in the genre. I hope Platinum weren't rushed and had ample time to deliver because usually with outsource games the budget and time is not adequate

TreIII

I guess I will now move my hopes to DOA5, graphically it looks spectacular but it too seems to be adding more flash then actual substance just from the videos I've seen- cinematic smash moves to knock someone around the level, destructible stages? I won't know for sure until I play it but these all seem like ideas meant to hide a game that may end up being really shallow. (I'm a longtime doa fan too).

Just watch the likes of these videos:

http://www.justin.tv/freestepdodge/b/312147431
http://www.twitch.tv/freestepdodge/b/312249268

Those of us who have been hovering around in the DOA5 topic have actually had good reason to believe that game will be good. And it helps that guys like Mr. Wah are there to give firsthand impressions of what to expect, at least so far.

Anyway...I knew from the jump that I was only getting this game for the sake of the DOA5 demo and seeing what the Ninja Ryukenden (NES trilogy) writer would do if he was given the chance to write for the series again.

I can only hope that, much like Koei's Dynasty Warriors 6, NG will get back on the right track, following its "Junior Year Crisis".

3.0? That is unfair.

It's a solid 8 viewed simply as an action game, and a 5.5 when viewed as a Ninja gaiden sequel.

Still I can see how someone can come to that conclusion.

Man, all these reviews and posts have been depressing the shit out of me.

So I popped in Ninja Gaiden 2 in my Xbox360 last night after a long time. God damn, I am so bad at this game now. Mission modes were eating me alive. But man, the general craziness and masochistic difficulty just gives me a certain high when I am playing it.

Hiltz

I was also thinking about the possibility of the Wii U version being the definite version, but NG3 seems like its rotten to the core, so it doesn't sound like Team Ninja can save it.

Man, all these reviews and posts have been depressing the shit out of me.

So I popped in Ninja Gaiden 2 in my Xbox360 last night after a long time. God damn, I am so bad at this game now. Mission modes were eating me alive. But man, the general craziness and masochistic difficulty just gives me a certain high when I am playing it.

I did the same thing. The first time I went through this game I disliked it quite a bit, but now I can respect it for what it is. I'm not a fan of the limb system and off-screen projectile spam is more than annoying at times, but it's still a decent NG game.

I did the same thing. The first time I went through this game I disliked it quite a bit, but now I can respect it for what it is. I'm not a fan of the limb system and off-screen projectile spam is more than annoying at times, but it's still a decent NG game.

I played a ton of NGS2 last night, I hadnt touched it for a long time but it was better then I remember it being. The mission online worked great now, before they were so fucking laggy.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I played a ton of NGS2 last night, I hadnt touched it for a long time but it was better then I remember it being. The mission online worked great now, before they were so fucking laggy.

are people still playing online

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
anyone know if there's a screen cap of the final NGBlack leaderboards floating around?

I think I was ranked 40 or something MN2/hp2, like the 3-4th highest ranked european, sad shit is I don't even remember the handle I used other than having a swedish flag. God I love that game.

.la1n

3.0? That is unfair.

It's a solid 8 viewed simply as an action game, and a 5.5 when viewed as a Ninja gaiden sequel.

Still I can see how someone can come to that conclusion.

I wouldn't attach a score to it but you have the right idea. It's a solid action game but not necessarily what fans of the previous two Ninja Gaiden games were probably looking for.

I think I was ranked 40 or something MN2/hp2, like the 3-4th highest ranked european, sad shit is I don't even remember the handle I used other than having a swedish flag. God I love that game.

really sucks they took down the servers. Started a Black run through on normal and have been hitting almost every time bonus for 4 chapters now. I'm just gonna speed through the game once I'm strong enough to kill the last boss so i can unlock stuff faster.

& Elizebet, Volf, Alexei, and Zedonius, so that means Genshin should be in as well.

So even if the boss fights in the campaign suck, there will be some good ones in mission mode. Good work, Rehayashi.

He is in.

But....
As Sneh (NG vet) so eloquently put it..."he forgot to bring his health bar"

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Tilt (L) to walk.
Use the gamepad in your hands to control the game.
Breathe constantly to replenish your body with oxygen.

Blink ( explained earlier, revisit tutorial ) for adding moisture to the eyes.

At 1:05 of the DLC trailer....was the a head blowing up off of an Izuna Drop?

Caught that aswell, though I'm 99% sure that the head remains intact and the "explode particle/blood effect" is just that, an effect.

Revan

The more and more I watch of the DLC trailer the more my hopes go up for the rest of the weapons to be made available, specifically the Lunar and The Dragon Claw and Tiger's Fang....they are both my fav/primary weapons of choice in NGS and NGS2 (Never played NGB or NG2 due to lack of Xbox/360).

Probably won't happen but one can hope right?

I get the feeling the NG3 after all the DLC has been released will be at least a shadow of the game that I think all NG fans were hoping for....or at least a shadow of the game I've been hoping for lol.

Top Bottom