• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

Victrix

*beard*
Thankfully an entirely different team is working on DoA5, so any concerns NG3 might raise for you should be assuaged completely

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just published my Ninja Gaiden 3 PlayStation Move analysis (OT worthy? Don't think there is any other out there)

Enjoy!

NG3.png

http://youtu.be/7VU0g_NsYoA?hd=1

Skilletor

Thankfully an entirely different team is working on DoA5, so any concerns NG3 might raise for you should be assuaged completely

Thankfully there's copious amounts of footage out for DoA, along with a playable demo today to assuage my concerns completely.

DoA, at least, will be better for Itagaki's absence.

theDeeDubs

My copy is out for delivery. Feels like it's been forever since Sigma 2. Can't wait.

DoA 360 code up for my Gaf peeps: R9642-67VG2-Q9RR7-X6M6K-FDGDZ

dreamfall

Hmmm. I can't seem to find the Online Pass code for the PS3 CE... is it in the box somewhere? They included a voucher for DOA5, but I'm not seeing any other code.

Skilletor

Hmmm. I can't seem to find the Online Pass code for the PS3 CE... is it in the box somewhere? They included a voucher for DOA5, but I'm not seeing any other code.

This game needs an online pass?

Also, can you download doa5 now? Do we need to wait for store update?

Victrix

*beard*
TTP: I really enjoy your videos, but it seems to me that you're wasting your talents (in this case, particularly on a game that doesn't look like it has much of a move implementation), but more generally, just on the motion control thing

Do you have any plans for other gaming related videos? I'd happily subscribe, your thorough approach would work well for any number of other concepts.

DrDogg

K it's time someone posted something interesting and relevant:

http://www.primagames.com/blog/ninja-gaiden-3-top-ten-techniques

Steel on bone has its place, might be an integral part of your strategy at higher difficulties.

I've been waiting for that to go up (and for the game to be released). If you have any questions relating to the guide, I'll try to answer them the best I can. Keep in mind, I'm somewhat limited in what I can say, especially if the answer would be negative toward the game.

As for Steel on Bone, there is a formula to it, but it's basically random. The chance of a SOB increases as the enemy's health gets lower. Certainly enemy types give you a higher chance of performing a SOB, but in the end it's always random. For instance, Homunculi (zombies) have the highest chance of a SOB occurring out of any enemy.

The worst thing about this game is that its fucking BORING. Fighting people is BORING. Wave after wave after wave after wave of fucking BORING combat.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TTP: I really enjoy your videos, but it seems to me that you're wasting your talents (in this case, particularly on a game that doesn't look like it has much of a move implementation), but more generally, just on the motion control thing

Do you have any plans for other gaming related videos? I'd happily subscribe, your thorough approach would work well for any number of other concepts.

iWaggle3D is a jumping point.

I'd like to switch to "all games reviews" when next gen comes since I'm betting of motion controls being part of the next gen controllers technology from the get go.

Only problem is I have no idea how I'm going to cover next gen alone and with no money whatsoever :D

We shall see.

Not incredibly eager to download DoA5, got a lot on my plate gamewise, so if someone wants my code, Ill PM it to the first person to quote this post. XB360 code btw.

Mdk7

I've been waiting for that to go up (and for the game to be released). If you have any questions relating to the guide, I'll try to answer them the best I can. Keep in mind, I'm somewhat limited in what I can say, especially if the answer would be negative toward the game.

As for Steel on Bone, there is a formula to it, but it's basically random. The chance of a SOB increases as the enemy's health gets lower. Certainly enemy types give you a higher chance of performing a SOB, but in the end it's always random. For instance, Homunculi (zombies) have the highest chance of a SOB occurring out of any enemy.

I can't figure out how to perform steel on bone.
I mean i did it (like 200 times, i'm at the beginning of third mission), but i don't understand how exactly it gets triggered.

I'm fucking mad at this crap, i just can't get past a point.
They keep kicking my ass and it's not my fault, but because of the horrendous targeting system.

Just published my Ninja Gaiden 3 PlayStation Move analysis (OT worthy? Don't think there is any other out there)

Enjoy!

NG3.png

http://youtu.be/7VU0g_NsYoA?hd=1

Is this the worst implementation of move you have seen? That menu screen stuff is unbelievable. Why did they add move support to this game, there is no benefit to be had anyway with this game. Your camera movement with move idea (which is obviously what they should have done, the waggle attack stuff is ridiculous) is good but ultimately in Ninja Gaiden all I use is the center-camera button anyway.

DrDogg

I can't figure out how to perform steel on bone.
I mean i did it (like 200 times, i'm at the beginning of third mission), but i don't understand how exactly it gets triggered.

I'm fucking mad at this crap, i just can't get past a point.
They keep kicking my ass and it's not my fault, but because of the horrendous targeting system.

Use the basic Quick Attack combo (mash Quick Attack over and over) for the highest chance at a SOB. You can get it from Strong Attack combos, but it's more likely to come from a Quick Attack combo. Also, it's best if you attack an enemy with full health and continue attacking until they die. If the enemy has lower health when you start a new combo, it will more than likely end in an Obliteration Technique or nothing at all.

You're at the beginning of the third mission, as in Acolyte 03, or Day 3 in story mode?

if anyone else doesn't want their DOA 5 demo, I'll gladly take it!

Yea I have a feeling we are a lot hoping for that, I myself would gladly take a code for PS3. Looking for what I could trade for it but my lists of interesting unredeemed codes is growing thin.

As for the NG3, I was waiting for GAF impressions and reviews of the game. It does not sound good so far, I'm sad. What you think is a good price point for the quality of the product?

Yea I have a feeling we are a lot hoping for that, I myself would gladly take a code for PS3. Looking for what I could trade for it but my lists of interesting unredeemed codes is growing thin.

As for the NG3, I was waiting for GAF impressions and reviews of the game. It does not sound good so far, I'm sad. What you think is a good price point for the quality of the product?

yeah. the demo is the only thing that still has me on the fence about buying this game right now instead of waiting for the la bomba price drop.

Mdk7

Use the basic Quick Attack combo (mash Quick Attack over and over) for the highest chance at a SOB. You can get it from Strong Attack combos, but it's more likely to come from a Quick Attack combo. Also, it's best if you attack an enemy with full health and continue attacking until they die. If the enemy has lower health when you start a new combo, it will more than likely end in an Obliteration Technique or nothing at all.

You're at the beginning of the third mission, as in Acolyte 03, or Day 3 in story mode?

I see.. so it's a very random thing, meh.
I'm at Day 03, in an area with
dogs, a fuckton of soldiers and a missile launcher up a stair
Man i died like 40 times (and i'm usually pretty good at action games).

On other forums I saw a bunch of people having no Online Pass code in their PS3'S CE as well. They claim it is nowhere to be found.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Is this the worst implementation of move you have seen? That menu screen stuff is unbelievable. Why did they add move support to this game, there is no benefit to be had anyway with this game. Your camera movement with move idea (which is obviously what they should have done, the waggle attack stuff is ridiculous) is good but ultimately in Ninja Gaiden all I use is the center-camera button anyway.

Well, yeah. But I guess if you had camera control "on the wrist" perhaps you could have used it more than the center-camera button. I assume you use the latter (which is on R1) in order to keep the thumb on the face buttons at all times. Being able to rotate the camera with the wrist would have allowed for that as well, on top of letting you rotate the camera.

And yes, I guess this is one of the worst Move implementation I have seen. Maybe second to the Hydrophobia Prophecy one. But its different kinds of "worst" really. NG3 is bad mainly on a conceptual level. HP is bad on a technical level.

Apollyon

Neo Member
Seeing most of my worries about the game get confirmed by posters here and even an IGN review, it's pretty disappointing. The streamlining and changes made to offer a more "cinematic" experience, while maybe not ruining the core game entirely, still seems to be excessive. I was already thinking about skipping NG3, but this just solidifies it.

Streaming Ninja Gaiden 3 Hard Day 3! www.twitch.tv/fourwudegaming

I think more people should be watching this. Not that it's making me want to out to buy the game immediately, but NG3 looks a lot more like a legit NG game on Hard.

Skilletor

This framerate is fucking horrible. FUCKING. HORRIBLE.

360 version. Screen tearing and framerate drops in every encounter so far of 30 minutes playing. the game feels like it's eating my inputs because of the shitty framerate. it is NOT responsive at all when the framerate drops.

It feels worse than sigma+ on Vita because of how the framerate fluctuates.

MjFrancis

It's not Ninja Gaiden anymore, at least not Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden. It can still be difficult for me at times, but this is usually localized at the boss fights, and nothing further. The rest of the game can feel like a Musou hack 'n slash at times, at least for me on Normal. Simultaneously, it feels like this doesn't prepare me for the boss fights whatsoever, since precision timing all of a sudden becomes so much more important. Or, important at all.

That being said, the Day Seven boss is a bitch. I died moments before the final QTE three times, and it's been infuriating knowing I'm SECONDS from beating him and failing. I guess the fact that there's a Day Seven might be a spoiler but I'm not giving away anything else at this point.

But certainly coming from a full playthrough of Ninja Gaiden 2 a few weeks ago gave me a taste of just how different Hayashi's vision is from Itagaki's.

It's not a bad game, it's just not Ninja Gaiden. It might not be particularly good, either, but certainly not bad.

Skilletor

Does ps3 version run better than this?

This is unacceptable to me. This is one of the shittiest framerates I've experienced in a large action game this generation.

Top Bottom