• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
- Completely regenerating health (not just the non-red part)

To be clear, there is an energy bar and then there is its "container". As you get hit, you lose energy and the container shrinks as well, but un-proportionally so (less than the amount of energy lost).

Now, as far as I can tell, the Ninpo puts a pre-defined amount of energy back into the container. If the container is bigger than the pre-defined amount of energy you get from the Ninpo it doesn't get completely filled. If it's smaller, tho, it gets extended by the amount needed to host the pre-defined amount of energy, meaning that by casting a Ninpo when you are full of energy, the container grows (until it eventually reaches its limit).

So basically it's good practice to unleash a Ninpo at the end of a fight even tho there is only one guy left and you have your container full because you'll enter the next fight with a bigger container/energy bar.

All of the above changes depending on difficulty I think (container fills/grows more/less etc).

Canova

Banned
Looks like a Ninja Gaiden, plays like a Ninja Gaiden, just a bit easier, so I recommend to start with Hard Mode....oh first boss fight is EPIC!

939948bd.jpg

Tain

The game being a bit easier isn't a big deal if I can start on Hard, which is something that you can't do in Ninja Gaiden Black.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Our exclusive review (i.e. the full version of that Gamespot forum poster's recap of our magazine version) is now online. Hope you guys enjoy the review. I've played every game in this series, and reviewing this one was...an interesting exercise.

OP: If you wouldn't mind, please update the OXM review link with the link in this post.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the game has offline solo ninja trials with no AI partner? I am please.

Can anyone confirm for me that the game is still multilingual with selectable VA and UI language?

d0c_zaius

GODS DAMMIT!

</3

Are you getting the CE?

I originally was underwhelmed so I wasn't going to pick it up. But its hard to pass of any NG game and I'm already picking up AC5 so.........

I'd get the CE for the DOA5 code, but thats about it. So I'll prob just get regular the reg version.

Skilletor

I originally was underwhelmed so I wasn't going to pick it up. But its hard to pass of any NG game and I'm already picking up AC5 so.........

I'd get the CE for the DOA5 code, but thats about it. So I'll prob just get regular the reg version.

So jealous!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Ugh. Now we get to hear an awful dub to go along with an awful story.

I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
You monster!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!
I don't wanna die!

Wait!!

THERE IS multilingual option. Access the Option/Language in the title screen
that's not the first place you checked? :p

that's a relief though, thanks.

OXM review seemed pretty positive.

I hope there is enough reason to play ultimate ninja mode after master ninja.

They didn't write how long the game is, last I heard 8 hours, not bad if it's well paced, but ~10 would have been the sweet spot.

Our exclusive review (i.e. the full version of that Gamespot forum poster's recap of our magazine version) is now online. Hope you guys enjoy the review. I've played every game in this series, and reviewing this one was...an interesting exercise.

OP: If you wouldn't mind, please update the OXM review link with the link in this post.

this is a great opening line:

Normally, we have an unwritten rule at OXM that we don’t review developers.

nHDR

Banned
Is there a costume where his arm ISN'T bulging red? Kinda ruined his look, in my opinion. As a HUGE fan of NGB, I will get this once the price drops. Looks solid but I'm not a fan of most of the changes.

Whats ultimate ninja mode? I need some Master Ninja Mode impressions cause thats the only real way to play a Ninja Gaiden game. Is it still hard and skill based like previous titles? Or has it been wussified.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
you know what

fuck it

I think I'm gonna buy this

budget be damned

Prime myself up for DMC collection next month. I really want to play an action game

you know what

fuck it

I think I'm gonna buy this

budget be damned

Prime myself up for DMC collection next month. I really want to play an action game

I was just about to post the same thing!!!! I have to give online versus matches a try...even if it's totally broken, it might be fun leveling up for new moves-- I wanna be the first guy in the world to get the izuna drop and get splash damage on everyone. I still think the campaign sounds shitty and stripped down though.

still not rewarding this, but ill pick it up at a reduced price.

There was never any doubt I would play the full game.

DmC on the other hand......

Edit: The collection goes without saying. First in line.

Pachinko

Here's an important question- I'll probably end up picking this game up but I'm leaning towards xbox. Has there been any word on which version is actually better? are they both close ? I get the sneaking suspicion my ps3 is slowly dying (it locked up almost hourly during my playthrough of catherine) so unless there's an enormous improvement....

Here's an important question- I'll probably end up picking this game up but I'm leaning towards xbox. Has there been any word on which version is actually better? are they both close ? I get the sneaking suspicion my ps3 is slowly dying (it locked up almost hourly during my playthrough of catherine) so unless there's an enormous improvement....

from what ive seen xbox version suffers slightly, but some who have the final build say the opposite.

Its really up in the air at the moment.

Shortest in the series huh?
I guess it's safe to assume that all the level & game variety from the first game isn't back.

Drewfonse

Hey Ryan, you mention in your review that the game is a bit shorter than the other games in the series. Can you give us an estimate? What difficulty did you play it on? Thanks.

aegies

Let me guess... PS3 version has zero tearing but runs at lowers resolution? Someone who knows? I absolutely hate tearing. I wait for Digital Foundry.

I'm not sure. I haven't popped in the PS3 version yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version runs better, since Hayashi and co. have always worked with the Sigma engine, which is PS3 optimized.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm not sure. I haven't popped in the PS3 version yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version runs better, since Hayashi and co. have always worked with the Sigma engine, which is PS3 optimized.

Ooh Arthur my fellow ng compatriot - sorry if you already talked about this - but what are your views of the game and/or where can I read about them?

Drewfonse

3 simple steps:

Pop it in.

Play it.

Confirm to us that it's as awesome as we hope it is.

Raonak

Banned
Seems like a big departure from previous NG games, although, i've never been a big fan of the games, I can see why the fans are upset,
I mean i would totally loose my shit if they did such dramatic changes to my MGS, or DMC...... ;_;

aegies

3 simple steps:

Pop it in.

Play it.

Confirm to us that it's as awesome as we hope it is.

I'm reviewing it. That means playing through one version first to get the game done, then checking out the other version when there's time. I'm not sure how a hardcore NG player would start with the PS3 version – the Xbox controller has been the game's home from the start.

aegies

Ooh Arthur my fellow ng compatriot - sorry if you already talked about this - but what are your views of the game and/or where can I read about them?

I wrote about the game last E3 when I was still at IGN. I think the analogy I used then was that it felt like you came back to your house or apartment and someone else had moved all the furniture around. Same walls, same floors, but something alien and unfamiliar about it.

As for the final game, I can't really speak to it yet, because I'm under embargo. But there are definitely things that changed, and I wonder if some of it was because instead of interviewing Hayashi at E3 last year, I manhandled his game on hard right in front of him. Probably not the case at all, but yeah.

Skilletor

Seems like a big departure from previous NG games, although, i've never been a big fan of the games, I can see why the fans are upset,
I mean i would totally loose my shit if they did such dramatic changes to my MGS, or DMC...... ;_;

You mean...like...DmC...or...Revengeance?

I hope I haven't caused you any trauma. :p

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I wrote about the game last E3 when I was still at IGN. I think the analogy I used then was that it felt like you came back to your house or apartment and someone else had moved all the furniture around. Same walls, same floors, but something alien and unfamiliar about it.

As for the final game, I can't really speak to it yet, because I'm under embargo. But there are definitely things that changed, and I wonder if some of it was because instead of interviewing Hayashi at E3 last year, I manhandled his game on hard right in front of him. Probably not the case at all, but yeah.

Interesting. I hope your views have changed for the better, hit this thread up whenever that bargo is lifted, love to hear your final impressions.

Top Bottom