• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got mine around 2 hours ago and I'm extremely satisfied.
Safe to say the only thing I'm dissapointed abot is the length of every cable (power cord, HDMI cable and controller cord are all just so damn short), but aside from that it's awesome.

It's even smaller than I imagined. It's so goddamn small.

Oh, and one other thing: I noticed a bit of sound lag in the games. Maybe that was just because of my capture hardware, but I never had this issue with other consoles before.
So yeah, it's around 0.3 seconds exactly 25 frames of sound lag.
But the games all play perfectly. And it's not like any of the games needs sound anyway.

The controller is perfect btw. It feels 100% like a classic NES controller. The A and B buttons click a bit, the Start and Select buttons are as mushy as they were 30 years ago and the D-Pad can still rip open your thumb if you play too long and too wrong. I still wanna go ahead and open that sucker up just to see how it looks under there, but I don't have any screwdrivers ready.

For 70€ this was a fucking steal.

I'm in the middle of editing my unboxing video and will be holding a live stream on Sunday (both are in German, though). So yeah, this device is really great, especially for Nintendo and retro fans.

I still hope that the success of this thing will bring forth a SNES Mini. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Oh btw, I also tested a Wii Classic Controller on that thing. Here are the main things I noticed:
- The shoulder buttons do nothing.
- Y=A, X=B (so basically a reverse button scheme)
- Pushing the Home button does the same as pushing the reset button on the console: Brings you back to the menu to save or choose a new game, etc.
- You can use the left analog stick as a replacement for the D-Pad or you can just use the D-Pad itself.
- Right analog does nothing

Decided to pick one up in the morning and go to work later. There were 6 people waiting in front of my local Media Markt and everyone bought a NES Classic Mini. No Controllers and no consoles left. Then went to the next Media Markt: Same scenario, all gone within 2 Minutes. Scalpers are going to love this thing.

Plum

Fucking Royal Mail. Despite all my Uni campus's packages being delivered to one spot they somehow couldn't deliver it today for some reason, this also means I didn't get a card to go collect it. Guess I'm waiting until Monday then.

The fuckers still haven't shipped mine and APPARENTLY it's still due today. What an absolute joke.

Sorry to hear that. Amazon can be so terrible sometimes yet sometimes they're great.

Still don't know why everyone hasn't just adopted DPD's methods yet. They're literally the only good delivery service in the entire country.

StAidan

First in line here at Fred Meyer. Which is good since they only have 3 classics. Now to wait 2 hrs till opening time lol :(

Futaba

C3v7AUP.jpg

Cat approves.

Wasn't really hyped to get this when it was announced, but should have been smart enough to realize that it would be sold out fucking everywhere the moment I had a slight interest in it.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Some people sell their consoles for € 300...with success!

Crazy

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wow controllers are successfully being sold for 90 Euros...insanity.
Enh.... they'll regret it. This is all getting additional shipments.

It's like people dropping big coin on amiibos, when in retrospect they were all available at MSRP if you were patient.

MikeyB

$80 in Canada. Dang. 30 old games and an annoying controller cord or one new release? It wouldnbe a dilemma if I could find the system.

Screw this, I needed my sleep. I wake up and it's become a scalper hellscape. This reminds me of those Target.com late night amiibo hijinks.

18 units at my local Walmart. Came by 1 hour before opening and it was already all taken. Guess I'll have to wait for the additional shipment. Nintendo gonna Nintendo :/

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
My preorder from July 18th(!) will arrive on November 30th (Amazon Germany with Prime btw). Preorders suck! Learned my lesson though

AGoodODST

Delivered.

This thing is fantastic. Games look great in pixel perfect on my TV. I really like the CRT filter as well.

The controller feels exactly like I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom