• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGoodODST

Sitting in a seminar this morning glancing at my phone to check the Amazon app so I can see delivery progress. Accidentally tap cancel order and nearly leap out my seat in the middle of a presentation while I scrabble to tap back.

Que awakened stares in my direction.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm skeptical about TRU in store pickup. Hypothetically, if a store only got 15 and 15 people ordered for in-store pickup before the store opened and then when the store opened, what would they do? Tell everyone in line sorry these are all reserved for online buyers have a nice day and send them home?

Smidget

I'm skeptical about TRU in store pickup. Hypothetically, if a store only got 15 and 15 people ordered for in-store pickup before the store opened and then when the store opened, what would they do? Tell everyone in line sorry these are all reserved for online buyers have a nice day and send them home?

Guess we will find out. Ideally they'll have X amount available for people lining up and Y amount for online instore pickup.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I have one preordered and it should arrive on Monday. I need another controller though. God help me I'm not paying $au70 for one.

Can I use something else like a Wii or Wii u control with it?

Im should've thought about the Fry's. I have 2 and now both aren't available on their site.

Is anyone on the east coast in a real line at a bb or target?

LordCanti

Got one at Dell (thanks Wario) but I don't trust Dell at all. I guess I'll be F5'ing Amazon with everyone else later.

This is the only thing my elderly father has requested as a Christmas present...maybe in my entire life.

Lucent

Nice. So I have a controller ordered through Walmart.com earlier before it ran out. And I just nabbed an order from Dell.com for the console. Estimated shipping in December 2-12, buy at least I have one coming. If I can get one on amazon, I might cancel the Dell one since it'd more than likely be faster. Or get one from Walmart if we get more (I work there). Whichever happens first.

KaYotiX

Banned
I understand why people do this, but it's such a scummy thing to do.

The company themselves (Nintendo in this case), don't lose out at all. All that happens is other fans get stuck unable to get one :(

Learn self control. Wait till they come back in stock. Never pay scalpers.

Terrorblot

Controllers or systems? Wonder if they ever had controllers in stock :x

Just the system, I was using the mobile site and was having trouble navigating and had a gut feeling I probably shouldn't let the console stay in my cart for too long, so I gave up and checked out.

Ooccoo

Managed to get one from Wal-Mart.ca

Gone in less than 5 min. Tried for two but got an email saying they ran oos. Expecting it to be cancelled. Still, happy I have one.

Now to see if I have any luck in-store.

Got to a local Toys R US at 4am, first one here.

Why am I doing this to myself!?!

Isnt your best option to wait at another store that isnt lowing people to order online for store pick up? Chances are even if you're the 1st that all are sold on their site.

Living in L.A. has its pros in that you can get to any Target (6) within 5-8 miles.

I placed my order on TRU but it did say "might" so I'll still try target in the morning

Terrorblot

Isnt your best option to wait at another store that isnt lowing people to order online for store pick up? Chances are even if you're the 1st that all are sold on their site.

Living in L.A. has its pros in that you can get to any Target (6) within 5-8 miles.

I placed my order on TRU but it did say "might" so I'll still try target in the morning

You really think they're selling consoles they don't have or won't hold on to them?

Gotta love that Nintendo scalper tax. This is one of the main reasons I started collecting for Genesis instead. Big Nintendo fan, but you have to win the lottery to afford original game prices these days.

Turnbl

My Amazon UK order now out for delivery. Had been set as arriving on Sat 12th for months but got the notification half an hour ago. Luckily my wife is at home!

HeySeuss

Yay! Woke up to an email saying my TRU order is being processed. I won't get it till next week, but at least I won't have to fight for one lol

Lkr

Surely this is back in stock before xmas anyway, right?
I expect after these things all sell out Nintendo will announce a more expanded production quota

Thinking about trying target or something after the gym today but I'm not overly concerned

HeySeuss

I expect after these things all sell out Nintendo will announce a more expanded production quota

Thinking about trying target or something after the gym today but I'm not overly concerned

I'm honestly not so sure. This was an extra holiday revenue stream to offset expected low WiiU sales. I'd look at this in the same way as Amiibos. They could sell a lot more if they made more, but they don't seem to be bothered much. They may have another production run if they can ship before xmas, but that might be all they make after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom