• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a book?

We got one in at our shop. It's a straightforward Prima strategy guide for all the Nintendo-developed games on the system (17, I think?). Has some retro art scattered and a 1990 NP Miyamoto interview reproduced, but nothing standout. The hardback is overpriced.

EDIT: Target website listing now has "Only in stores" instead of Add to Cart button.

Amazon is going to take a beating tommorow.

I have to buy a oil filter for my car, I wonder if I can get one during the day. Probably not since I am not waking up early on my day off. Maybe I'll go hunt one down. I got a few hours to kill before the Mexico vs USA game.

Who am I kidding. I'm too lazy for that. I just wanted to get it early because my cousin has never played NES and SNES games. Thought I show him a simpler time of gaming.

evanmisha

Funny anecdote: My mom stood in line for hours years back to pick me up a Wii for Christmas on launch day.

All these years later, I'm waiting in front of the same store for an NES Mini for her Christmas present. The circle of life

We ordered 30 for our shop and got 6. I still need one to fulfill our 7th and final preorder. GameStop site crapped out at checkout. Walmart was OOS on second one. Target's a bust....Ugh....

Brickseek says my Target has 6 to sell. I'm sure that's perfectly accurate, and I fully expect to not get one when I show up.

Funny anecdote: My mom stood in line for hours years back to pick me up a Wii for Christmas on launch day.

All these years later, I'm waiting in front of the same store for an NES Mini for her Christmas present. The circle of life

Good luck! ...Now all I hear is the Lion King in my head...

Kintaco

Brickseek says my Target has 6 to sell. I'm sure that's perfectly accurate, and I fully expect to not get one when I show up.

Good luck! ...Now all I hear is the Lion King in my head...
Targets near are showing 45 up to 88. I can't imagine this is accurate? I'm in the L.A. area if that matters.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the difference between the NES Mini for US and EU?

Randam

Media Markt Germany. Was there 5 minutes before opening. Got 2, but no controllers.
Was the 3rd one that grabbed one.
Looked like they had around 20.

Hmmm mine shows 15. Maybe I should try at 8 am!

My basic plan is to be in front of the door when they open it. Provided no prior line, that is, I'm not about to race and fight people for this thing.

Targets near are showing 45 up to 88. I can't imagine this is accurate? I'm in the L.A. area if that matters.

I dunno, a major metropolitan area like that? Sounds about right to me. I live in a not small city in Texas, but it's not exactly huge either.

Marvie_3

Banned
Picked one up here at midnight in NYC along with a 2nd controller. I knew it was small but it still surprised me with just how tiny it is. Controllers feel great and the games look fantastic. Way better than the emulation on the Wii U. Incredibly happy with it.

biocat

Uhh... I have my Japanese one I had no trouble preordering. It also came with 30 postcards of the box artwork for each game.

Now I just need a shrink ray for my hands because the controllers went mini too.

Celine

You ever heard of the Wii?

They're doing EXACTLY the same thing selling it and making it the THE console to get this season. There'll be more in stock down the line but for now, it'll be hard to track down.

No way they're making it limited.
Wii sold each month of 2007 (except March which was close) at least 300K in US!
It's a lie that Nintendo was actively undershipping the console, the reality is that the demand was unprecedented.

2007:
Jan - 435K
Feb - 335K
Mar - 259K
Apr - 360K
May - 338K
Jun - 381K
Jul - 425K
Aug - 403K
Sep - 501K
Oct - 519K
Nov - 981K
Dec - 1.35M

deleted

Media Markt Germany, sold out yesterday, maybe they'll get another small batch today to compensate preorders. I bit, but somehow I don't see it happening yet.

random25

It's sold out in all 3 shops I went through today, both NES and Famicom versions. They said they underestimated the demand. Like they only stocked 10 and the ones who made reservations today were more than 200. Good thing I reserved one weeks before lol.

Celine

I love Nintendo, but don't really see why this is such a hit.
This plug & play device is the definition of "Eighties gaming".
You have the icons of the golden age of arcades like PacMan, Donkey Kong and Bubble Bobble and the icons of the NES age like Super Mario, Zelda and Metroid all on the front/back cover.

I'm glad this was preorderable where I live. Will be delivered to my home in 6 hrs from now. Hope it will be as good as I'm expecting. Scared the rose tinted glasses are going to crack:p
Edit: probably good thing this was barely marketed. Everyone I told about it, even if they haven't gamed in decades, got giddy with exitement and just 'had to have one'. None of em got anywhere close to getting one. All gone everywhere. Nintendo is piss poor at predicting demand.

Nicodemic

Reporting from Montreal here. I'm in line at a Toys'r'us and there's a paper saying they have 32 minis and limited to 1 per customer. I think I'm tenth in line so the waiting game begins.

Smidget

Reporting from Montreal here. I'm in line at a Toys'r'us and there's a paper saying they have 32 minis and limited to 1 per customer. I think I'm tenth in line so the waiting game begins.

Order online for instore pickup, you can do quantity of 2 online if you're looking for anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom