• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros: Everything involving actually using it. :D

Cons: Good luck getting this setup on any proper TV setup unless you have your own longass HDMI cable and power adapters. :p
Last week I had a summit with my brother and my girlfriend to explain them that "whoever of you is going to buy a NES Mini as my Christmas gift, should consider buying this cable extension to completely satisfy the child in me. Thanks"

Lkr

The problem isn't just the HDMI cable. You also have to consider how you will power the thing. The included HDMI cable, adapter/usb cable, and controller cables are all SUPER SHORT.
Is it long enough to use at a computer monitor on a desk?

duckroll

Is it long enough to use at a computer monitor on a desk?

Sure. That's how I'm using it. The NES sits on the table, the HDMI to the monitor next to it, the USB into the desktop below the table. Controllers can reach my bed. Perfect setup, and takes less than a minute to unplug and put away.

I was somehow first in line at my Target at 7:00 am. I feel a bit sick giving them the business after they cancelled my preorder, but they open at 8 and I have work so...

Any chances of nabbing an extra controller online today? My Target had 0. What sites should I check? Only Amazon at this point?

The problem isn't just the HDMI cable. You also have to consider how you will power the thing. The included HDMI cable, adapter/usb cable, and controller cables are all SUPER SHORT.

Yeah I know but I have that covered. My arm chair is right by a plug with a USB hole-thing in it. So that should be fine. I'll have to balance the console on the magazine rack. With a 5 metre fucking cable leading back to the TV. Eurgh. This is going to really harsh my buzz.

Edit: I have it on my desk at the moment which is clearly what it is designed for but the weekend is here and I do not sit at my desk on the weekend.

LiK

TRU emailed me and said there's a delay. They made sure to bold the part where it says "This is not a cancellation email" lol

Raitaro

if this is a successful product they should really consider bringing out the SNES version next christmas season. very dope idea.

Oh man, that would be great as it would mean I could finally play some SNES games in 60hz (legally) as well after all these years of dealing with borders, slower speed, a darkened image or other niggles present in the originals or the Wii (U) VC. Hopefully they'd keep the mini NES' universal NTSC based emulation going again in other words.

Oh, and they'd better give us Europeans the actual European PAL SNES casing as well...just not the PAL versions of the games...

Grok4Spock

Target had 14 but just missed out... Standing in line at Gamestop and they said they got 12. Really hope the employees don't hoard them all...

Lkr

In line at Best Buy, 18 or 19. They got 30 units according to some others in line. Any other gaffers here at Waterford lakes? "Lmao

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Im at Best Buy on 5th Ave in NYC. Im about #30. It's funny how is so adults here in work uniforms or suits... You can tell everyone is going right to work as soon as they're done.

That nostalgia in full effect.

Raitaro

Does the EU version not have Ghost and Goblins or am I just blind?

Can't confirm personally yet, but by all previous reports it should be there as the game list between the US and EU version should be identical. Didn't see any EU websites like Eurogamer report it missing either, assuming they've all been using EU versions for their coverage.

If you're lining up at a Target with multiple doors, make sure you check the other one. Some poor guy was at the wrong door an hour before opening and missed out.

clem84

Gold Member
What is going on here? Went to a local walmart this morning here in Montreal. I got there at 8h15 (opened at 8h00) which was I guess silly of me. They were obviously out. There's an EBgames 5 minutes away and when I drove in front there were about 40-50 people waiting in line for the store to open at 9h00. It's 5 degrees C. this morning outside. Even when the X1 and PS4 launched it wasn't like this. The store was going to get a 10 unit shipment so obviously I was out of luck.

I'll wait for this thing to be available somewhere online. There's no way I'm hunting for this thing for days, possibly weeks.

Im at Best Buy on 5th Ave in NYC. Im about #30. It's funny how is so adults here in work uniforms or suits... You can tell everyone is going right to work as soon as they're done.

That nostalgia in full effect.

Sounding like this will be a big hit for Nintendo.

I'm sure SNES/SFC mini is coming in 5 years.

Lkr

What is going on here? Went to a local walmart this morning here in Montreal. I got there at 8h15 (opened at 8h00) which was I guess silly of me. They were obviously out. There's an EBgames 5 minutes away and when I drove in front there were about 40-50 people waiting in line for the store to open at 9h00. It's 5 degrees C. this morning outside. Even when the X1 and PS4 launched it wasn't like this. The store was going to get a 10 unit shipment so obviously I was out of luck.

I'll wait for this thing to be available somewhere online. There's no way I'm hunting for this thing for days, possibly weeks.
PS4 and X1 weren't $60 at launch though.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
N7Vod7Ul.jpg

jIii8Pbl.jpg

damn thing is so freaking cute..
ultimate desk toy for the office imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom