• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Hopefully the NES emulation is better than Wii U's. I also wonder if you will be able to download additional games and maybe that is why Castlevania III and the other Megaman, Ninja Gaiden, and Double Dragon games aren't on there.

Definite day 1 purchase, though!

It'd be great if it did AND if it tied it to your My Nintendo account so you could use it on other devices.

Sorcerer

It's cool to see something like this from Nintendo.

I just wish it actually had a cart slot so I'd have more of a reason to pick one up. (Though yes, I understand why that's a little ridiculous to hope for and it won't happen.)

I'll grab one of those NES CC's though probably.

Nintendo gains nothing from a cart slot and it just adds to their expense. It will never happen.

Rymuth

giphy.gif

I want this.
I need this!

Should have the following games on it

Zombie nation
Snow brothers
Flinstones surprise at dinosaur peak
Wayne's world

Make the resellers X collectors start to sweat ;)

Anth0ny

Well that's fucking awesome

And the boxes are perfect

This is an easy day one buy. Always wanted something like this, an easy way for people to play a bunch of Nintendo classics.

Hopefully they do SNES and N64 soon, too.

Crayolan

I'm interested in (and don't already own in some form) around 10 or so of those games. Nintendo prices NES games at $5 a pop, so I'd be paying $60 for $50 of what I care about. Really tempting. Novelty factor+the controller might push it over the edge for me.

If it can take actual NES carts it's a definite purchase.

It really would be outstanding if theres some way to get more NES games from the eshop. I doubt it has any Internet connectivity though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
and to think I wasn't sure how Nintendo would get us to pay for VC games *again*.

Don't care about this as I never had a NES but I would pay twice the amount for a SNES version with a similarly decent list of games

Also a B&W tiny gameboy version, and/or a GBA

Ansatz

What the fuck, $60 for the machine, an official NES controller and 30 games??

Please have good emulation and sell additional game packs.

Eliseo

Well that's fucking awesome

And the boxes are perfect

This is an easy day one buy. Always wanted something like this, an easy way for people to play a bunch of Nintendo classics.

But if they do N64 We won't have the banjos, golden eye and conker =(

Weebos

Banned
Unexpected, but an interesting idea. I hope they keep going with it.

I know I'd be interested in the SNES, 64, and Gamecube.

This is pretty shrewd of them. You know how the Wii U doesn't have a lot of VC games, probably because VC was only licensed to appear on Wii hardware/OS and companies never got back on board? I bet this is simply Wii hardware rebranded, and it's just a VC bundle that third parties have no power to interfere with. That's why there are so many good third party games there like Final Fantasy.

Also by branding it as a classic NES instead of something Wii-related, they skipped the bad press on that. "Ugh, did we really need an even more limited Wii Mini?"

You have no idea how these deals work. Of course third parties had "power to interfere with it", it doesn't even have the Wii branding - which apparently caused problems with goddamn PS Vita.

Third parties are on board because they smell the money in that and not in Wii U, especially after the failure of Wii U AND relative failure of Wii Shop Channel.

poodaddy

I need some closure on why I'm so excited about this. I have all those games already, yet I really want this, like weirdly bad. If they do something like this for the SNES Ill shit myself uncontrollably for days, possibly weeks, from a sheer overload of intolerable glee.

I'd kinda hate to see an N64 collection without Rare's games, honestly. They were basically the backbone of the N64 library. Just wouldn't be the same without Banjo and especially Goldeneye 007, which is considered one of the system's key titles.

Unless they could work something out with Microsoft...

TheFuzz

Lord help us if they do an SNES like this. I love my NES but the top 30 SNES games on a console like this.... Whew.

Tobor

I've been begging for this for years. It's amazing they finally got around to it.

Missed opportunity though. Adding in wifi and some storage would allow them to sell more classic games.

Still cool though. Day one.

amdb00mer

this was just announced and there are 4 months until release...I really believe you need to wait and see if there will be any additional features. Except the use of cartridges, those are lost of course,

Well, judging by the box pictured in the info released today and the controller, it appears this is exactly as I described. I don't think any of these features will be added as this thing is probably already in production. But hey, it has HDMI, so....

Chairhome

I'm interested in (and don't already own in some form) around 10 or so of those games. Nintendo prices NES games at $5 a pop, so I'd be paying $60 for $50 of what I care about. Really tempting. Novelty factor+the controller might push it over the edge for me.

If it can take actual NES carts it's a definite purchase.
Nope, look at the scale of it. It's much smaller, so it won't accept carts

That is cool. I don't suppose that controller is wireless, is it?
Its an extension for a wii remote. So plug it into the system, or into a wii remote. Willing to bet that you'll be able to sync a wii controller to it though

Don't want to be that guy... But if they wanted to make these with a chip from a newer machine, it's probably from a Wii U, gotta clear that inventory somehow!

Seriously though, being one step closer to having a nice new N64 controller is good news in my books .. I wanted one ever since they showed a bunch to Edge magazine i think, before Wii the came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom