• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosgotham

That's a really good price for a VC box and 30 games

Hell yeah it is.plus, multiple suspend points? They are good games too! And I can use the controller on my wiiu? I feel like they thought of everything

Now I can finally get my nephews to play an NES. I'm legit gonna gift this to a few people

Day one , delighted to see this happening

I was wondering why they hadn't done this before especially with the success Sega has had doing it. Here in the UK the Sega Mega Drive Retro sold really well so I'm really pleased to see Nintendo do it.

Nintendo, will you please do a SNES version too? Pretty please??

BriGuy

Love it, and can't wait for the inevitable SNES version. I just wish it had more games included. There's a Sega Genesis variant on sale at Sam's Club that boasts 90 games and it's only $40.

Snaku

Banned
NX is totally going to lift its design aesthetics and name from the NES for maximum nostalgic appeal, isn't it? Hell, it's probably going to use cartridges too. I like the new Nintendo.

maxcriden

Seems a little odd, although many TVs do have USB power sockets on them these days, which I suspect would be a perfectly adequate option.

Really? I have loads of USB PSU's. If not look on the back of your TV for a USB service port, they usually have enough power to run USB devices.

Most TVs nowadays have USB ports on them...Your TV will power it.

Oh, gotcha. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Oh, excellent. Thank you!

Glowsquid

The presence of third-party games, particularly Konami ones, is surprising to me.

if the emulation quality is good and they release new games, this could be very interesting. Basically like the Neo Geo X, but not shit.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro for the Wii console can also be used.

That's kind of rad, I already got those!

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii console.
Wait... wut?! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!

MoxManiac

Being officially licensed I have pretty good faith this will have perfect emulation.

Wait, is this NES hardware or emulation? I assume the latter due to talk of suspend points.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
The console is smaller than the cartridges themselves

What's stopping them from having it work like this? Granted it doesn't look so good, but at least you won't have to deal with the blue screen of death most of the time.

messiah-generation-nex-20051220054829657-000.jpg

RK128

This is both a really cool move by Nintendo and one heck of a smart move on their part. I thing this is very cool because its the Wii VC features for the NES rolled into a collection built-into an system, sorta like the Genesis Systems SEGA sells now (though the Sound Chip on those isn't very good :l).

But this is smart on Nintendo's part, because they are simply using the Wii hardware but in a different way. That is a a really clever way to re-use tech at a low cost and looking different, so kudo's on Nintendo for finding another way to use Wii hardware again.

The line up of games is very solid and the normal price of the 30 games normally (on the VC) is far more expensive then what Nintendo is charging with NES Mini. Might get one honestly and hope Nintendo does this with other systems like the SNES and Nintendo 64, as if they re-use Wii tech like they are doing here, that shouldn't be very hard I would imagine.

Hobbun

Talk about nostalgic.

This was the first game system that I bought. I wish it had more than 30 games (although it’s a good list). I’m guessing it’s a one and done deal? No way to add more games?

Would be amusing if you got the blue screen of death sometimes, and the door was openable on the front to allow you to blow into the system.

I mean if we are going to go all-out on nostalgia.

RexNovis

Banned
At this price every single self respecting gamer should be buying one of these. There is simply no excuse. This is an incredible deal for such a treasure trove of gaming history.

Blam

Damn this is fucking awesome, Nintendo has really impressed me recently.

Talk about nostalgic.

This was the first game system that I bought. I wish it had more than 30 games (although it’s a good list). I’m guessing it’s a one and done deal? No way to add more games?

I'm pretty sure people are prying that thing apart and trying to hack it.

Moments hunter

Neo Member
That is really awesome. I am little bit worried about price.
I wonder if there will be any chance of adding more titles in this little box. :)

DrArchon

I'm sad it doesn't come with Mega Man 3, which I personally preferred over Mega Man 2, but it still seems like a nice package overall.

Ridley327

Since the official name is 'Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System', this pretty much guarantees that this is a new product line. Next up, Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES and N64

I'd be really curious to see how they would handle an N64 console, given Rare's fixture on the system and how many of those titles are on Rare Replay.

MacTag

Banned
The presence of third-party games, particularly Konami ones, is surprising to me.

if the emulation quality is good and they release new games, this could be very interesting. Basically like the Neo Geo X, but not shit.
It's almost half 3rd party games actually. And Konami has the most by far.

Nintendo: 17 games
Konami: 4 games
Bandai Namco: 2 games
Capcom: 2 games
Koei Tecmo: 2 games
Square Enix: 2 games
Arc System Works: 1 game

Rellik

Damn, I might have to get this. I've never played a Zelda game either, so this would be a good start.

If they make a SNES version of this, I'll die of excitement.

Rodin

"Nintendo Classic Mini - NES"

"Classic Mini" definitely sounds like the name of a collection of these consoles. I honestly can't wait for SNES.

Yukinari

I'd be really curious to see how they would handle an N64 console, given Rare's fixture on the system and how many of those titles are on Rare Replay.

Put Mischief Makers, Bomberman 64 1 and 2, Mario Party 3 and Rakuga Kids on it and watch it print money.

dmr87

1. Are the controllers of the exact quality as the original ones?

2. Will we be able to download more games in the future?

3. What about PAL vs NTSC?

4. I need a SNES-mini.

1. Are the controllers of the exact quality as the original ones?

2. Will we be able to download more games in the future?

3. What about PAL vs NTSC?

4. I need a SNES-mini.
Not sure to any of them but with the inclusion of Final Fantasy it's a safe bet to say everything is 60hz

MoxManiac

"Nintendo Classic Mini - NES"

"Classic Mini" definitely sounds like the name of a collection of these consoles. I honestly can't wait for SNES.

I wonder what a list of 30 for SNES would look like?

I think it's likely Earthbound would be there since they've been putting that out on all current VC platforms now. (well, all two of them)

Ridley327

Put Mischief Makers, Bomberman 64 1 and 2, Mario Party 3 and Rakuga Kids on it and watch it print money.

Yeah, there's plenty of under-the-radar third party games to fill in the hole left by Rare, but I think the fact remains that Rare was a massive part of the history of that system that can't be easily ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom