• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

zroid

Banned
The cirtical, and even more, the public reception of Punch-Out!! was really positive. Leaving Next Level Games to do one big Luigi game is nothing but big, for me at least. NLG make really nostlagic perfectionism and fun arcady games, at least with Nintendo.

Oh, I know, NLG is a great team. They did Strikers too, right?

I'm just thinking in terms of how much commercial success Nintendo expects from the game.

Are these things announced well in advance? They seem to pop up at random.

they've been announced like 1 or 2 days in advance

Mr Swine

Banned
He probably already recorded it.

Yeah and that is all he can say at Nintendo Direct!

Iwata presents an Iwata game made by Iwata for Iwata for the Iwata console:

"This gun b gud"

With famous quotes like "This gun b gud"
And the epic ending of "This gun b gud"

XD

Oh, I know, NLG is a great team. They did Strikers too, right?

I'm just thinking in terms of how much commercial success Nintendo expects from the game.

they've been announced like 1 or 2 days in advance

Yepper, they can do great, but on their own without Nintendo they're really poor.

Nintendo needs to salvage NLG so their name doesn't get tarnished any more than it had before with Transformers Cybertron Adventures and Ghost Recon Wii, as well as Captain America PS360.

zroid

Banned
Yepper, they can do great, but on their own without Nintendo they're really poor.

Nintendo needs to salvage NLG so their name doesn't get tarnished any more than it had before with Transformers Cybertron Adventures and Ghost Recon Wii, as well as Captain America PS360.

that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo finally just acquires them. considering the limited success NLG has had independently from them, it probably wouldn't be a huge purchase.

also, apparently NLG is located in Vancouver, so that's right next door to Nintendo's Canadian HQ, and just across the border from NoA. would be perfect, really.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
More 3d classics!

If they're SNES titles, I'm all for that.

In fact, we just need SNES titles on the 3DS VC.

If that's all they announced it would be a successful show.

FoneBone

Eh, Captain America wasn't terrible, from what I heard.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo probably reserve all the talent at NLG to work on their games leaving the poor janitor to work on the other projects.

Kangi

If the announcement is indeed Kirby-related, then I ask for either an Air Ride sequel or a 3D remake of Kirby 64. It must happen! (I'm fine with any Kirby game, though)

Also, who wants to take on the challenge of Iwata-fying my extremely large head?

If the announcement is indeed Kirby-related, then I ask for either an Air Ride sequel or a 3D remake of Kirby 64. It must happen! (I'm fine with any Kirby game, though)

Also, who wants to take on the challenge of Iwata-fying my extremely large head?

Give this person a prize! :D

LOVED Air Ride and 64, my fav Kirby games!

Just a thought would the 3ds be powerful enough to emulate n64 games for its vc and then i'd assume adding 3d might not be too difficult

Mother 4 is going to revealed this time, right?

Yes!
earthbound4boxart.png

:( No...

botty

Banned
You know... Nintendo cross overs seem to be a healthy trend for 3rd party developers. Sonic&Mario, Pokemon X Nobunga, Smash bros... hell, Soul Calibur 2 (GCN) is cool too. Hoping to see more exclusive cross overs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know... Nintendo cross overs seem to be a healthy trend for 3rd party developers. Sonic&Mario, Pokemon X Nobunga, Smash bros... hell, Soul Calibur 2 (GCN) is cool too. Hoping to see more exclusive cross overs.

Excite Truck X Ridge Racer

Nilaul

Maybe Nintendo demands higher standards.

Well in Japanese company any one can propose an idea, even the cleaning lady. Everyone plays an important part of the company by doing there specific job, so everyone has the right to propose an idea.

That what my buisness teacher told me.

Sony should listen to there cleaning ladies more, they might learn a thing or two on how to save there money

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Added a little joke along with the new time ;). Make sure you refresh if you are still seeing the old version without US timings.

nintendodirect.png

Ok, but what about Baltimore, MD?

test_account

XP-39C²
I own a physical copy of Earthbound Zero

reproduction of course

but I don't own Earthbound SNES... yet
Hehe, same with me actually. Bought a reproduction of Earthbound NES years ago, but never got around to buy the SNES game. I do own Mother 3 however.

jokkir

Any mobile friendly places I can watch? I'm going out soon and most likely going to miss it. I have unlimited data so I can stream :p

Top Bottom