• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

73V3N

Banned
996660_538708246213633_215874165_n.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They still need to do one in December. If this is really just 3DS then they still might do the 2014 Wii U preview in the early December one (last year's was on December 5th).

so...we still hope they support the wiiu at least for '14? ;p

"meh" (cit.)

Ah! I expect a bunch of 3DS goodness, maybe one or two surprises for early 2014. No Miiverse 3DS.

If there should be something mentioned concerning Wii U, I expect... "Please remember, we released Wii Party U and Wii Sports U and this Art Academy and if somebody did not play NSMBU yet, buy it, it is still fun!"
Ok, maybe one more glimpse at Mario 3D Wörld.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am thinking Mario Party: Island Tour, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default release date, and those 3D Sega games

if we are lucky, Miiverse, localization of games like MH4, Dragon Quest, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai etc.

Derrick01

Banned
As a soon-to-be 3DS owner I will be paying close attention to one of these for once. I almost bought some games at Target today for the B2G1 sale but everything I wanted was still $35-$40.

If there's nothing about Miiverse, I've lost all hope on it ever coming. I mean they already have shown that it works through their mobile site if only they didn't block 3DS's from accessing it, so hopefully they are getting it out by the end of the year.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Don't get hyped about this one guys, it aint gonna be worth it. It'll be Mario 3D World, LTTP2, and DKCTF. Nothing particularly remarkable. Miiverse 3DS won't be announced if there's no NCL Direct (and likely not even if there was one).

L~A

There MUST be Miiverse news.

SOMETHING, anything!

Yeah, their silence about 3DS Miiverse is really strange. I know we never got just rumours about an October/November launch, but I'm starting to get worried. Then again, Nintendo like to drop that sort of stuff without warning, so who knows.

I really hope we get 3DS Miiverse this month ;__;

Oh, and I almost forgot...

rgkZuq5.gif

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah, their silence about 3DS Miiverse is really strange. I know we never got just rumours about an October/November launch, but I'm starting to get worried. Then again, Nintendo like to drop that sort of stuff without warning, so who knows.

I really hope we get 3DS Miiverse this month ;__;

Well, they did say before the end of the year, but the lack of any news is extremely
worrying. No nothing, at all.

Taker666

IF it's US only then I wouldn't be expecting much.

Maybe some new eshop stuff (although I'd have thought NOE would have a Direct if that was the case)..or some new video streaming service that's just for the US.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Who ever said we'd get 3DS Miiverse this year? Some random NOA customer service rep? I don't recall anyone who MATTERS ever indicating a timeframe.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If they don't announce Metroid Prime: Trilogy for 3DS I will be very disappointed.

SuperSah

Banned
Who ever said we'd get 3DS Miiverse this year? Some random NOA customer service rep? I don't recall anyone who MATTERS ever indicating a timeframe.

Iwata or someone made anothet statement in September saying it'll be here before the year is out.

Honestly I don't expect anything from these things anymore. Nintendo has nothing hidden for this year anymore, so it's just going to be stuff we already know more than enough for with some silly Iwata costumes or scenes and a playthrough of some 3DS games (probably Zelda and Pokemon Bank)

Frolow

Banned
Honestly I don't expect anything from these things anymore. Nintendo has nothing hidden for this year anymore, so it's just going to be stuff we already know more than enough for with some silly Iwata costumes or scenes and a playthrough of some 3DS games (probably Zelda and Pokemon Bank)

Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA 11/13 at 8am PT for updates on announced #3DS software coming through early 2014.

3DS is definitely Nintendo's priority... Releasing Smash Bro on the thing says as much.

;-(

3DS needs to be Nintendo's priority. It's the one product (out of two) that's actually profitable for them. If Nintendo is to stay operational they need to prioritize the product that makes sense; keeping its lineup stacked and maintaining earnings.

The WiiU will turn around. The WiiU may not turn towards profitability soon, though. The WiiU may sell better than it is CURRENTLY with the turnaround, but still near barely sustainable low.

I own both and as much as I'm looking forward to X, MK8 and SM3W....

...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see 3DS should maintain the focus of Nintendo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mii creator update for Wiiu

Please. The current Mii Creator is terrible. There´s not even a fun way to show your miis to friends and family
My big beef is that we have to set Mii's to favourite to appear in software.

Rather have favourites be the ones that appear on the Mii select screen so that's kept to a minimal but every Mii in maker is used in the background of games like Nintendoland and NSMBU.

So I guess the addressed games will be:

Mario Golf: World Tour
Yoshi's New Island
Bravely Default
Layton vs Ace Attorney (forgiven if you forgot, when was this last mentioned?!)

Kirby is too far off I'd think.

Unless I'm missing some, there's not much to dedicate a Direct to, hopefully they'll squeeze some 3DS and especially Wii U surprises, hell wasn't the last one focused on 2013 Wii U games... and we got Kirby 3DS? So this time, WII U SURPRISE!!!

Tripon

Nintendo isn't going to delay Pokemon Bank. That's easy money for paying for Online. Screwing that up is going to hurt their bottom line.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hm I guess Iwata did say it in April, that we'd get it in 2013. That was a long time ago, I could see that no longer being the case. The claim in September was just "soon," which could really mean anything.

Top Bottom