• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

Y5w.gif

A lot of Miiverse requests. Was that ever announced as a possibility or do a lot of you just want that same feature?

They said it would come before the end of this year. But they say a lo of things. But no NCL direct means no big annoucements such as miiverse 3DS.

Frolow

Banned
So I guess the addressed games will be:

Mario Golf: World Tour
Yoshi's New Island
Bravely Default
Layton vs Ace Attorney (forgiven if you forgot, when was this last mentioned?!)

Kirby is too far off I'd think.

Unless I'm missing some, there's not much to dedicate a Direct to, hopefully they'll squeeze some 3DS and especially Wii U surprises, hell wasn't the last one focused on 2013 Wii U games... and we got Kirby 3DS? So this time, WII U SURPRISE!!!
Ace Attorney Vs. Layton was last mentioned in the September Direct I think

DigitalOp

Banned
Please give us a Pokemon Event.

One unannounced title reveal

Bravely Default date

And if you're really really nice Ninty...

3DS Miiverse!

Sendou

We always get one new game release news in these things. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about advance wars 3ds

Not if it's not global. Japanese Direct always gets announced later but we haven't heard about Europe yet either. I'm thinking they're probably livestreaming this for NA because of Bravely Default. Other regions might get some mini-Directs uploaded if it indeed has stuff like Miiverse. Nothing major is to be expected if it's not globally livestreamed.

As a soon-to-be 3DS owner I will be paying close attention to one of these for once. I almost bought some games at Target today for the B2G1 sale but everything I wanted was still $35-$40.

As far as discounts and sales go, Nintendo is the opposite of Steam. Expect those to be that much for years.

Derrick01

Banned
As far as discounts and sales go, Nintendo is the opposite of Steam. Expect those to be that much for years.

Well I'm probably going to get paper mario and 3D land for $40 total at wal mart but I'm not going out at 4am black friday. If they have it when I go at normal human hours then I'll get them.

Toad.T

Banned
Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?

Yes, B2, I am.

It's 3DS Miiverse time!

The shopkeeper rat would be such a Sony fanboy. I can just picture it.

Perhaps they'll reveal why we should give a crap about Yoshi's New Island. The muddled graphics, Crammed-in mechanics and so-so soundtrack don't give me much hope that it'll be a quality product.

Sendou

Well I'm probably going to get paper mario and 3D land for $40 total at wal mart but I'm not going out at 4am black friday. If they have it when I go at normal human hours then I'll get them.

If you have any experience with Paper Mario games you might want to be aware that Sticker Star shares little with 64 and TTYD. In fact some people call it a bad game but I can't confirm that because I haven't played it. Basically the main complaints are about how battling is useless and there's no story (despite seeing how it plays little like an adventure game).

3D Land is very good though. Fire Emblem: Awakening and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon also are highly recommended.

RedSwirl

The only thing I'd be willing to bet on is a date for Bravely Default. After that I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a bunch of new trailers and info for games we already know about.

...actually what the fuck do we know is coming to the US on 3DS in 2014?

ryanofcall

I guess they'll talk about WiiU(-Games), too, since it's on the picture of the official FB-Post.

Maybe the Zelda U Artwork(?) they promised a while ago.
I wouldn't bother some new X, bayo2, SSB footage either.

And if not: Please understand.

Definitely some Bravely Default since NA isn't getting it in 2013 like EU
hahaha...
and I guess "Yoshi Island" - probably announcement of the
Year of Yoshi 2014?
- Maybe even SSB3DS, Miiverse or something unanounced (Revelations 2 3DS?)

R: But Iwata! I want an unified Account Syst-
I: Stay tuned.

Sendou

DQVII ain't happening

Remember Rich from IGN? That dude said he thinks (at least) one Dragon Quest is coming over. I think it's rather realistic. Even if Square Enix doesn't give a fuck I think Nintendo could localize it on their own to help 3DS lineup for the next year.

Not

Banned
Maybe 3DS stuff is not ONLY what they're announcing...!

I don't see an "only"...!

It could be the focus of the direct but not the whole...!

They aren't announcing Zelda :(
...!

NMFried

Bravely Default
PW VS AA
Kirby's Triple Deluxe
Dragon Quest VII
Yoshi's New Island
Pokemon Event
New Smash 3DS Trailer/Character

SURPRISE:
Advance Wars 4
Clubhouse Games 2
Tetris DS 2
Glory of Heracles 2
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime 2

RedSwirl

Okay, games that quality under "announced," "3DS," and "2014," confirmed for North America.

-Bravely Default
-Layton vs Phoenix
-Layton Azran Legacy
-Kirby 3DS
-Sayonara Umihara Kawase (Yumi's Odd Adventure)

That's what I think we're most likely to get details on tomorrow.

ohlawd

good it's not on the 14th - that's Senran Kagura day, baby.

hey I'm wondering. Does the site work on the Wii U browser? I know I can just stream it on the eShop after it's done but I wanna watch it live :(

Top Bottom