• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct + Indie Showcase Announced for Tomorrow

Draugoth

Gold Member
Join us tomorrow, August 27 at 7am PT, for an #IndieWorld Showcase followed by a #NintendoDirect Partner Showcase! The livestream, featuring both presentations back-to-back, will be roughly 40 minutes in total.

GV6cHBAXYAAYodI

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
So it's just indies? Hmm, I'll still watch it, as perhaps they'll announce some more quality indie games coming to the Switch this fall.

Saber

Is this a Nintendo Direct or an Indie Direct? Or both?
Because if it's a Nintendo Direct then count me in. But if it's just an Indie I'm fucking out.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
There's always at least 1-2 indie games, but it does suck waiting for them though. So many indies now are Switch + PC only for a year these days. Still waiting on Lorelai and the Laser Eyes to even hint at other systems after watching it at multiple Directs. I'm just done buying these games for Switch, but it's still a great place to catch a glimpse of what's coming.

Oooooh, well this is a nice surprise.

Almost certainly there will be no general Direct anytime soon, however. For Mario Party, Zelda, and M&L they will do piecemeal Twitter and Youtube drops, alongside press previews.

I really think June was the last full-blown general Direct for Switch games, prior to next-gen hardware.

Woopah

Holding Mel Gibson GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Nintendo is really holding out on that successor don't they? What the fuck are they waiting for?
I reckon we'll get something September or October. This is them revealing the last Switch only games.

94c.jpg

Might tune in for the partners bit then.
Having said that, expect most exciting first party games to be saved for the Switch 2 reveal. There could be a FE4 remake though.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Holding Mel Gibson GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Nintendo is really holding out on that successor don't they? What the fuck are they waiting for?
Games

Anyway, I guess this is inline with what that leaker said. But I bet the partner showcase will be 100% japanese b teams games. But hey, considering grizzo is making Zelda and fantasy life is also outsourced, we could see something.

I also like they made super easy to simply skip this one.

Mr Hyde

I reckon we'll get something September or October. This is them revealing the last Switch only games.

Having said that, expect most exciting first party games to be saved for the Switch 2 reveal. There could be a FE4 remake though.

What new Switch exclusives do they have left? MP4 might get a new showing. And then it was that remake of Donkey Kong.

Woopah

What new Switch exclusives do they have left? MP4 might get a new showing. And then it was that remake of Donkey Kong.
Current first party lineup is:

August - Emio
September - TLoZ: Echoes of Wisdom
October - Super Mario Party Jamboree
November - Mario & Luigi Brotherhood

Jan 2025 - Donkey Kong Returns HD
2025: MP4 & Pokémon Legneds ZA

So there is a gap for another 1 or 2 first party titles in December or Q1 next year. After that should be Switch 2 titles.

Except for December, they literally have a first party game scheduled for every single month, thru January. And that's not even including Metroid Prime 4, which is TBD 2025.

But if you're asking about which Nintendo games would be in the Partner Direct, it would be none of these. Partner Directs are mostly third-party with occasional second-party.

Last edited:

mystech

Nintendo: “Please note, there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during either of these presentations.”

Wow! Nintendo is holding this thing close! They can only hold out for so long. The closer they get to mass production, the more they risk detailed leaks. Nintendo are not Apple, I highly doubt they want big details leaking before they have a chance to do their official announcement. Realistically it will probably happen in September.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
Except for December, they literally have a first party game scheduled for every single month, thru January. And that's not even including Metroid Prime 4, which is TBD 2025.

But if you're asking about which Nintendo games would be in the Partner Direct, it would be none of these. Partner Directs are mostly third-party with occasional second-party.
endiess ocean 3 says hi

We usually get pretty nice sales after these things even if you're not looking forward to the actual announcements.

There's a few interesting previously announced third party games that we don't have a release date for like Suikoden 1&2 and the new Layton title.

I don't have high expectations for this one, but will still check it out when I get a break tomorrow.

cireza

Gold Member
The closer they get to mass production, the more they risk detailed leaks.
Have you ever heard of ninjas ? Because this is how the secret is kept.

They are going to wait after Christmas in order to sell a much Switch units as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom