• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct + Indie Showcase Announced for Tomorrow

Mr Hyde

Except for December, they literally have a first party game scheduled for every single month, thru January. And that's not even including Metroid Prime 4, which is TBD 2025.

But if you're asking about which Nintendo games would be in the Partner Direct, it would be none of these. Partner Directs are mostly third-party with occasional second-party.

We need Astral Chain 2!

Robb

Gold Member
THERE ARE NO NEWS IN AUGOST!!!!!

Nintendo announces 40 min of news.

IT'S A FUCKING PARTNER AND INDIE DIRECT!!!! NOOOOO!!

Wow, no pleasing people. I'm always happy to watch, I don't expect a lot from this.
While I find these presentations pretty dull in general I’m pretty happy with this tbh.

Can’t recall them ever cramming two directs together like this before. Feels like something big is up in the near future if they’ve scheduled things like this (I’ve been of the opinion that they might wait with the Switch 2 reveal post 2024. Now I’m not as sure.)

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Are you ready for more WAIFU/FARM RPGS? Just in case there was a void in the market for more. I predict at least 3 more in the showcase.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
While I find these presentations pretty dull in general I’m pretty happy with this tbh.

Can’t recall them ever cramming two directs together like this before. Feels like something big is up in the near future if they’ve scheduled things like this (I’ve been of the opinion that they might wait with the Switch 2 reveal post 2024. Now I’m not as sure.)
It's fun to watch, it's something to watch, even if it's not exciting. If we'll get a surprise, great.

However, it may show Nintendo won't do a full direct in September.

So I expect some Switch 2 reveal in October maybe. Maybe.

Robb

Gold Member
It's fun to watch, it's something to watch, even if it's not exciting. If we'll get a surprise, great.
Eh.. I’m 95% in it for the Nintendo IP’s personally. If they’re not there it’s just a waste of time.
So I expect some Switch 2 reveal in October maybe. Maybe.
I Hope Please GIF

Skeptical

Reading tea leaves is nearly impossible with Nintendo, but one could argue that this is good news for a Switch 2 announcement. Consider that Nintendo has had a steady stream of ~1 game/month for the entire Switch lifetime and the first quarter or so of the next year is usually known by the end of the Sept. Direct. So with this news of a Partner direct, our possibilities are 1) Tangentially Nintendo games (a la Endless Ocean or a Koei-Tecmo Nintendo Warriors or whatever) are announced at the Partner Direct for Q1 2025, 2) Metroid Prime/Pokemon Legends are actually aiming for Q1/Q2, 3) Nintendo will announce the rest of their Q1/Q2 games in separate random announcements rather than directs (a la Nintendo World Championship or Emio), 4) there will be a game drought in early 2025, or 5) there is a separate Direct coming after this and Nintendo is getting the boring stuff out of the way at first. Unfortunately, I don't think #5 is the most likely, but it is possible.

As for this Direct itself, I have a hard time getting my hopes up after the Third Party stuff during the Summer Direct was so bad. But hey, I'm easy to please, so one or two cool small things would be great. A new Mega Man would be awesome. A Castlevania DS collection would be a guaranteed buy. Or better yet, Symphony of the Night. I think there's a trend of September Directs focusing a bit more on Japanese companies than other directs, so I can always wish.

//DEVIL//

Didn’t they say they are going to announce the switch 2 at a later date ? I guess this is the last show they will focus on the switch 1 only.

Exciting times for Nintendo fans that’s for sure

If the Switch 2 has DLSS support and as strong as Z1 extreme chip from AMD, I’ll be super impressed.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Didn’t they say they are going to announce the switch 2 at a later date ? I guess this is the last show they will focus on the switch 1 only.

Exciting times for Nintendo fans that’s for sure
It’s scheduled to be revealed before March 31 2025 (within their fiscal year). So it’s definitely closing in fast.

FStubbs

Nintendo: “Please note, there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during either of these presentations.”

Wow! Nintendo is holding this thing close! They can only hold out for so long. The closer they get to mass production, the more they risk detailed leaks. Nintendo are not Apple, I highly doubt they want big details leaking before they have a chance to do their official announcement. Realistically it will probably happen in September.
They probably want the Switch to have one last holiday before they announce it.

NanaMiku

Last Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase we got Endless Ocean Luminous, a first party title.

Nintendo also published several "indie games" like Snipperclips, The Stretchers, and Good Job!

Will we see Silksong?

Will we see Silksong?
The first Hollow Knight release on Switch anchored their 2018 E3 Direct as a surprise shadow drop. They treat it like a AAA as far as exposure goes, so whether it can be shown today or not if it's ready to be shown, is the question. I feel like they would want press hands-on first and a preview cycle before release, but who knows since it hasn't really been shown publicly since 2019.

thatJohann

I keep seeing rumors about a Call of Duty Collection being announced today for Switch. Hope it's true cause I remember enjoying the old games back on the xbox 360 days.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Copesong friends, it's time (again).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just entered the stream and some dude on the chat was asking for Bloodborne 2. :goog_relieved:

Davevil

balatro x witcher
balatro x vampire survivor
balatro x dave the diver
balatro x among us

Last edited:

Hugare

Indies are most of the time just

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

This coffee talk game, for example ... yeesh

But once in a while one Hollow Knight appears, so who knows

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if I want to return to Sea of Stars

EDIT: at least it's free...?

Last edited:
Top Bottom