• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

maxcriden

Ok, so Nintendo doesn't have any killer for this holiday season. So is there any chance at all they will show (make it just a teaser) of something to come, or will we have to wait till E3?

Oh and Nintendo - revive Megaman Legends 3. I won't stop asking. Never.

Sure, they could. I'm hoping they will. I mean, there's no guarantee, but no harm in getting hyped!

ffdgh

Mh, GIFS are missing this time.

Maybe you guys like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTyfWZF26tk&feature=youtu.be

Can can direct lol.
Alright I'll spare a hype train.
duowtb.gif

chadboban

I'm guessing the treehouse stuff is going to be an extended look at Splatoon.

I'm mainly hoping for our first look at some English footage for Xenoblade Chronicles X. Not gonna get my hopes up for too much.

Regardless, I'm still fucking hyped! First direct in more than 2 months yo!

18-Volt

Ok, my turn;

Wii U:
Splatoon is still for May in US. DLC & Amiibo interaction
XCX is coming in july.
Yoshi's Woolly World is coming in June as rumored.
Devil's Third is also for July.
Mario Maker for fall, amiibo interaction to make Toad, DK, Bowser, Peach etc playable.
More Wii games for Wii U, including The Last Story, Pikmin 1&2, FFCC Crystal Bearers, RE4
Remaining amiibos in June

3DS:
Announcement for next N3DS exclusive game for N3DS (I can't guess what this could be, all I think of "enhanced" stuff)
Fire Emblem If in September and FE amiibos
Rhythm Heaven in August
New color for N3DS XL in US, new covers for EU & JP including Rhythm Heaven and Fire Emblem ones.
Mario & Luigi 5 for 3DS, slated for fall release.
Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers for fall release.
Etrian Odyssey 5 for 3DS in JP. Compatible with amiibos.
Monster Hunter 5 for 3DS for Japan. Just a teaser. Full info at MH event end of the may.

Well, this is pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more about games that have already been announced, especially Yoshi. I hope that there's a surprise or two, as well.

Bring it on, Nintendo.

maxcriden

- Platinum rewards (or other statement about the transition out of Club Nintendo)

The abundance of recent rumours that Paper Mario will take the holiday slot have no basis in fact, but I think we can account for the popularity of this notion because a) it fits the bill (diversifying the winter lineup with a strong thematic contrast to Xenoblade X and Star Fox) and b) we all want it badly. But then we also want Advance Wars or any peep at all about SMTxFE, while Fire Emblem is likely the big holiday flagship for 3DS, and Intelligent Systems only has so many hands on deck. So maybe not. But I want my Paper Mario.

I very badly want PM too. I don't know that the same team at IS does FE and PM. FWIW, I would not expect FE: If to hit until early 2016 in the West. That release window worked out so well for FE: Awakening that I expect they want to repeat their success there. (Awakening also took 10 months to bring to the West.)

As for the Plat rewards, I don't think it's guaranteed we'll hear about those on 4/1, it could be later in April. Unless, did they say it'll be 4/1 for sure? I'd be very glad to be wrong about that. :)

BratmanDu

Iwata:

"Many of you have been wondering if we will have a new Metroid game coming out soon.

The answer is,
no!
We'll have two! - one for 3DS and one for WiiU! April fools beeeotches!
"

Verder

Conkers bad fur day 3ds
SMT x FE
SMT V for new 3ds
Sonic adventure 3u
Animal crossing wii u

ANY OF THEM
...the hype is real

maxcriden

Ok, my turn;

Wii U:

Mario Maker for fall, amiibo interaction to make Toad, DK, Bowser, Peach etc playable.

3DS:

I really hope if that kind of Amiibo interaction is a thing, that if each character controls differently they'd also be available as DLC. I have no plans to purchase Amiibo but that sounds like really cool functionality for Mario Maker.

Also, I'd be super psyched to see M&L5 so soon.

Gambit

BTW: What are the odds of the Zelda delay video actually being in the DIrect?
I'd wager they are pretty high. They probably just didn't want the Direct to only be known as the Zelda delay one, so they posted that bit early.

Maybe we'll get some final footage to go with it.

Josh5890

Ok, my turn;

3DS:
Announcement for next N3DS exclusive game for N3DS (I can't guess what this could be, all I think of "enhanced" stuff)
Fire Emblem If in September and FE amiibos
Rhythm Heaven in August
New color for N3DS XL in US, new covers for EU & JP including Rhythm Heaven and Fire Emblem ones.
Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers for fall release.
Etrian Odyssey 5 for 3DS in JP. Compatible with amiibos.
Monster Hunter 5 for 3DS for Japan. Just a teaser. Full info at MH event end of the may.

That seems like too much RPG for one direct

catmario

Interesting point of this Nintendo Direct:
According to Japanese Direct page, There will be Age restricted contents on This direct.

What could it be?

My guess is Devil's Third

JoeM86

Last time we had one at around this time, it featured an M rated game such as Bayonetta, which is mandated by German laws regarding streams. Didn't daytime ones with Bayonetta in get blanked during the Bayonetta stuff for Germany? Of course, my memory is iffy.

It means Devil's Third is in it, or something equally violent/gorey

In Japan, what time would that be?

7am

maxcriden

hopes:

Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi
Nabbit eShop game
Luigi's Mansion 3
Ummmm
Zelda: Oracle of Hylian Metaphysics
Hmm
N64 VC (HD)
More Wiileases
Hmmmmm
BOXBOY! immediate release
Diddy Kong Racing RETURNS
Mario 3D Land 2
(Jeez, I feel like I'm not getting creative enough....)
Okay...Endless Ocean U using the Wii Fit U submarine game engine
Kid Icarus: Revolution
PokeSnapU

Bonus HYPE video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx0zmIOvVI8

Stulaw

In Japan, what time would that be?
7am.

It'll probably be info on MK8 and Smash DLC. Stuff on Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World, as well as release dates. And then maybe a few indie games and Xenoblade Chronicles X stuff. I think they'll probably leave new game announcements for E3 this time, although maybe a Project Treasure teaser will come up.

They'll also probably announce some more Wii titles coming to the e-shop and some info on 3DS games.

Oh yeah and Devil's Third.

Atram

So Zelda U delay was an early Aprils fool joke?

such an effort to make Aonuma tell this by a Video on a random day.

ok ok....i let it go :(

L~A

A bit late, but OP has been fully updated with time/links (those available atm), and the countdown timer ;)

Gambit

Last time we had one at around this time, it featured an M rated game such as Bayonetta, which is mandated by German laws regarding streams. Didn't daytime ones with Bayonetta in get blanked during the Bayonetta stuff for Germany? Of course, my memory is iffy.

It means Devil's Third is in it, or something equally violent/gorey

Yes, Bayonetta stuff was something blanked out on the German streams. It's why the UK one is automatically superior.

Sterok

Finally. You're late Nintendo. Just like Zelda. Been an eventful last couple of weeks, so I won't bother to speculate. Other than Kojima coming to Nintendo to make smartphone games of course.

J@hranimo

Banned
WOW. April Fools Day Nintendo Direct.

The internet will be at its strongest tomorrow...oh boy. Can't wait to finally see Mewtwo in Sm4sh!

Lunar15

There will be more, but the most I hope to hear about is the DLC for Mario Kart and the additional stuff for Smash (Mewtwo, Tournament Mode, Miiverse stage).

Maybe a bit more info on Fire Emblem:If, but I think that's more E3 material.

Exile20

So Zelda U delay was an early Aprils fool joke?

such an effort to make Aonuma tell this by a Video on a random day.

ok ok....i let it go :(

Reverse April's fool joke. Does Nintendo have the balls to do that?

Nintendo Direct -
Aonuma: Did you really believe me that Zelda Wii U was delayed? It releases Nov 21st, MUAHAHA...oh here is the trailer also.

Lum1n3s

I remember someone saying that there was a leak of the direct from a German Nintendo employee which ended up being translated. Is there any truth to that rumor or I'm guessing we will have to wait until the actual direct?

Top Bottom