• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Rnr1224

Excited to watch but ill have to brace myself for the inevitable april's fools joke. if no new games, then at least give me SNES on 3DS

As much as I would love the "April fool's! Zelda is actually coming Nov 2015" idea, there's no way that'd happen. Nintendo wouldn't risk taking that stock hit just to get a few troll laughs in.

WarpathDC

No reason to go overboard with expectations, but I guess this is reasonable to expect:

F-Zero Ultra
Metroid Prime 4 U
Metroid Zero Fusion 3DS
Mother 4 / (Mother Trilogy on VC)
Super Mario Universe (galaxy 3)
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Wii U
Robot U
Advance Wars 3DS
Elite Beat Agents 3DS
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 Wii U
Mole Mania 3DS
Wave Race Wii U
1080 Wii U
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes U
Panzer Dragoon Collection U
Seiken Densetsu 3 3DS
Dragon Quest 7 localization
Squaresoft Hidden Gems Collection - Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon etc
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: The Dark Souls Edition
Igavania 3DS
Metroid Dread
Contra 3DS
Konami Wai Wai World 3 3DS
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4 3DS
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Betrayalton

CHOOOO CHOOOOO

You just killed it for me

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow this will be the first nintendo direct that takes place while i'm sleeping in recent memory :(

at least i'll have some cool news to wake up to

Ridley327

I hope we get a date for Fire Emblem IF and Xenoblade X. A new Paper Mario for Wii U in the vein of TTYD would be nice too, but i won't get my hopes too high for that :\

Was that tweet from NoA about PM5 fake? Or it was real and deleted after a few minutes?

You meant 3?

Wave Race 64
Wave Race: Blue Storm
?

Anyway yeah, i would love to see that. Even an eShop release for 19€.

It would be 4. Wave Race started as a Game Boy game.

RPGCrazied

April Fools? :D Well, hopefully we will see some titles that will interest me for the rest of the year besides XCX, since Zelda U got delayed.

big_z

for wii u they will cover:

splatoon
Mario kart dlc
smash dlc
toad tracker dlc
another x trailer
3d world dlc/standalone
Mario maker update
devils third trailer
project treasure teaser
possible glimpse at starbox
you like amiibo? guess what heres some more

Gnilres

No reason to go overboard with expectations, but I guess this is reasonable to expect:

F-Zero Ultra
Metroid Prime 4 U
Metroid Zero Fusion 3DS
Mother 4 / (Mother Trilogy on VC)
Super Mario Universe (galaxy 3)
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Wii U
Robot U
Advance Wars 3DS
Elite Beat Agents 3DS
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 Wii U
Mole Mania 3DS
Wave Race Wii U
1080 Wii U
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes U
Panzer Dragoon Collection U
Seiken Densetsu 3 3DS
Dragon Quest 7 localization
Squaresoft Hidden Gems Collection - Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon etc
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: The Dark Souls Edition
Igavania 3DS
Metroid Dread
Contra 3DS
Konami Wai Wai World 3 3DS
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4 3DS
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Betrayalton

CHOOOO CHOOOOO

am cry because is no

Mega Man Legends 3 hurts the most because we almost had it

JoeM86

Excited to watch but ill have to brace myself for the inevitable april's fools joke. if no new games, then at least give me SNES on 3DS

Both Japanese and European eShop download lists are barren this week, which never happens.

We're getting something big

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As much as I would love the "April fool's! Zelda is actually coming Nov 2015" idea, there's no way that'd happen. Nintendo wouldn't risk taking that stock hit just to get a few troll laughs in.

And a shitty joke at that. April Fools is the day you make the joke, not the day you reveal a prior joke was just that.

Still not buying that rumour. They got the date and time right, but it's not CET. And Star Fox Platinum would be too good to be true.

rokero

sweet baby jesus finally it's Direct time, here are my predictions

Mewtwo DLC
MK8 DLC
New amiibo costumes for MK8
Splatoon release date
Splatoon amiibo
amiibo wave 4
Yoshi release date
Xenoblade Chronicles X release date
Mario Maker info
Star Fox
FE X SMT plz
3DS game localization
project treasure
Fire Emblem If

Fandangox

So new F-Zero, Sin and Punishment 3, Captain Falcon Action game by Platinum directed by Kamiya AND Mikami, A new IP by retro, Xenoblade X release date, Voice Chat for splatoon, Shin Megami X Fire Emblem Footage, Hunter x Hunter out of hiatus permanently, Carmen San Diego finally found.

kirby_fox

Banned
I'll be happy to see Mewtwo. I'll be really happy to see others come back too.

Very content that I'll be watching it at home since I am off work at 3 and can ride the train of hype until 6.

cacildo

iwatinhaj6uxi.gif

RPGCrazied

Can we please see some English footage of XCX? Even if just text, but hearing the dub would be great also.

I'm not expecting to see Metroid so soon, but hopefully at E3 they can at least show the logo.

Exile20

I hope we get a date for Fire Emblem IF and Xenoblade X. A new Paper Mario for Wii U in the vein of TTYD would be nice too, but i won't get my hopes too high for that :\

Was that tweet from NoA about PM5 fake? Or it was real and deleted after a few minutes?

You meant 3?

Wave Race 64
Wave Race: Blue Storm
?

Anyway yeah, i would love to see that. Even an eShop release for 19€.

A new Wave Race or even a remastered Wave Race: Blue Storm would be so good.

DJIzana

Damn I'm hyped for this!

One thing though, if E3 is focused around their 2015 releases then what's this Nintendo Direct going to focus on? :O

In any case. What I'd LIKE to see (and what would never happen) would be the announcement of Mother 4 and to see what Next Level Games and Retro Studios have been up to.

Realistically, I'm hoping to AT LEAST know the release date / window for North America and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Kjellson

This Wednesday will be like the first day in forever I have to go to bed early, and of course the Direct is at 12 AM. Sigh.

I'll be happy to just see updates on:

-Yoshi's Woolly World
-Mewtwo DLC
-Mario Kart 8 May DLC
-Wave 4 Amiibo info (pre-order info specifically)

Anything else is just gravy.

RPGCrazied

Damn I'm hyped for this!

One thing though, if E3 is focused around their 2015 releases then what's this Nintendo Direct going to focus on? :O

In any case. What I'd LIKE to see (and what would never happen) would be the announcement of Mother 4 and to see what Next Level Games and Retro Studios have been up to.

Realistically, I'm hoping to AT LEAST know the release date / window for North America and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I'm going to guess the treehouse live thing is going to be mostly for mario maker and the yoshi game.

L~A

And a shitty joke at that. April Fools is the day you make the joke, not the day you reveal a prior joke was just that.

Still not buying that rumour. They got the date and time right, but it's not CET. And Star Fox Platinum would be too good to be true.

To be fair, it's pretty easy to predict dates... I mean, at one point, one of them was going to get it right ;)

DJIzana

I'm going to guess the treehouse live thing is going to be mostly for mario maker and the yoshi game.

I'm OK with that. To be honest, the only Wii U games I want this year, are Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker and of course, my GotY, Xenoblade Chronicles X. :p

Guess we'll see Mewtwo DLC and the Mario Kart DLC as well.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

that rumor is pure sh*t, believe me (I'm an engineer)

Choomp

Banned
I just want to see the Yoshi game, Nintendo hasn't really put a lot on my mind lately so it'll be a lot of refreshing for me, or maybe even new stuff, I don't know, I'm excited, I'll actually get to watch with the livestream too.

I think for MK/Smash...
- Mario Kart DLC release date 4-9
- More Amiibo costumes for newer/future Amiibos (Dedede, Metaknight, Zelda, Dr. Mario, Game and Watch).
- Gamecube controller support in content update for Mario Kart.
- Limited edition Smash Mewtwo Amiibo, exclusive to Gamestop.
- Mewtwo released after Direct with Miiverse, Tournament Mode, and Sharing
- Smash Balance Patch
- Miis allowed online + added to All Star. Use medium size, Multi-Man Smash skins no matter what you pick enemy won't see the Mii, it'll just use the enemy's console Miis.
- Costume pack and music pack DLCs released, buy both and get an additional bonus full Character Alt Costume. Costumes are actual costumes, not just recolors. Music are all new arrangements
- Some free music and free re-colors for Wario and Olimar/Alph added in the Mewtwo patch. Music is some music from 64/Melee/Brawl that didn't make it into release.
- Future character and stage DLC explicitly stated to not be ruled out, expect more news later in the year.
- Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja announced for Pokken. Not announced officially, but Amiibo support with a console release seems likely.
- Pokemon Rumble announced. New Pokemon Amiibo line, small little statues, cheaper than regular Amiibos. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Charizard and Mewtwo Rumble Amiibos are also Smash compatible.
- Wave 5 Smash announced, Falco, Jiggly, Ganondorf, Game and Watch, Doc, Duck Hunt.
- For most games, Doctor Mario works just like Mario, similar to Toon Link.
- Special Smash wave announced, alt color trophy pose versions of Mario, Luigi, Marth, Villager, Link and Fox. Coming in July, each one is retailer exclusive and limited quantities.

Top Bottom