• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2015

maxcriden

You'll get your zero mission when Federation Force comes out and you'll like it.

Also, OG Metroid will be removed from the game.

So, I still need to pay full price for S&P even thought I have it from the wii VC? That kinda blows.

Oh well. Will be another sale for this great game.

TheMoon

So, I still need to pay full price for S&P even thought I have it from the wii VC? That kinda blows.

That has to be an error.

To be clear, you did transfer the Wii stuff to your Wii U into Wii mode, right?

Ok, Nintendo Download thread. You are my last bastion of hope.

I have: $10 PSN Card
I need: $10 eShop Card

Would anyone trade codes via pm? With all the Shovel Knight in Smash rumors I've gotten so hyped about the possibility of him coming out tonight. I need to have money for him. I can't miss out. :(

And I'm not crazy btw. There is only Smash hype now.
I was going to buy an eShop game if SK didn't pan out anywayz so I need eShop money either way. :p

TheMoon

Ok, Nintendo Download thread. You are my last bastion of hope.

I have: $10 PSN Card
I need: $10 eShop Card

Would anyone trade codes via pm? With all the Shovel Knight in Smash rumors I've gotten so hyped about the possibility of him coming out tonight. I need to have money for him. I can't miss out. :(

And I'm not crazy btw. There is only Smash hype now.
I was going to buy an eShop game if SK didn't pan out anywayz so I need eShop money either way. :p

SK won't be in Smash.

GulAtiCa

Congrats! I couldn't be happier for you. I imagine Nintendo's generous placement on the front page of the eShop helped massively. I tucked the game for the first time last night. I'm not usually a huge fan of tower defense, but I was totally engrossed for a couple of hours. The art style's really lovely. I can't wait to get back into it later.

Thanks! Yeah, the promotion helped a lot. Curious to see how it does these next few weeks. Given how well it's doing in Germany, I'm glad I got that USK rating.

Umibozu

Huh

I went ahead and upgraded Sin & Punishment, and it actually seems like they cut back on the filter they've been putting on the N64 VC stuff.
I upgraded too, but it's my first vc 64 game so I didn't know if it was the case. For all the complaining some gaffers did shouldn't this be bigger news?

I'll never forget October 1st, 2007 when Sin and Punishment and Lost Levels were released as the first ever import titles on the Virtual Console in NA, exciting times. :) And then November 2007 when SMG was released, amazingly exciting times. OG days when the Wii first hit its stride were the best.

Just a few minutes ago I upgraded my Wii VC copy of S&P for only $2, the discount showed up just as it always does with no issue. Are you sure you currently have the game loaded in your Wii Mode system memory? Maybe try rebooting your system?

daydream

Banned
I'll never forget October 1st, 2007 when Sin and Punishment and Lost Levels were released as the first ever import titles on the Virtual Console in NA, exciting times. :) And then November 2007 when SMG was released, amazingly exciting times. OG days when the Wii first hit its stride were the best.

hanabi festival was fantastic and it's a shame they didn't continue that initiative

Just a few minutes ago I upgraded my Wii VC copy of S&P for only $2, the discount showed up just as it always does with no issue. Are you sure you currently have the game loaded in your Wii Mode system memory? Maybe try rebooting your system?

That has to be an error.

To be clear, you did transfer the Wii stuff to your Wii U into Wii mode, right?

Thanks! Needed to reboot for some reason. Got worried for a sec there.

My other favorite OG VC memory: A week before SMG's release, Charles Martinet left a voicemail for Kevin of GoNintendo where he also hyped SMB 3 and Alien Soldier on Virtual Console for Nov 5, '07, that made for another amazing VC day:

http://youtu.be/wfk_1y3NsQQ

hanabi festival was fantastic and it's a shame they didn't continue that initiative

Yeah, it helped keep the VC's schedule a bit more consistent for awhile too, it was nice to know when an exciting import title was going to be released.

Thanks! Needed to reboot for some reason. Got worried for a sec there.

Glad to hear it!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Just got back from Nindies @ Night and played through a bunch of games. Let me know if you have any questions. Played through Runbow (w/ 8 people playing), Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows, Typoman (I did this only to get a pin, but this game really impressed me), Rive, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Steamworld Heist, and Tumblestone.

I found out Tumblestone is made by a friend of mine so that was a pleasant surprise (the game was pretty fun too :) ).

TheMoon

Just got back from Nindies @ Night and played through a bunch of games. Let me know if you have any questions. Played through Runbow (w/ 8 people playing), Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows, Typoman (I did this only to get a pin, but this game really impressed me), Rive, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Steamworld Heist, and Tumblestone.

I found out Tumblestone is made by a friend of mine so that was a pleasant surprise (the game was pretty fun too :) ).

No idea what Tumblestone is so I'd be curious about that :)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
No idea what Tumblestone is so I'd be curious about that :)

Their official trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grBTo7gmZrc

It's a puzzle game of sorts. Basically you keep having to match 3 of each color in a way that completes the board. We played a multiplayer mode where you competed to see who could finish first in several rounds. My friend told me there's a ton more modes than what was demoed, but the general concept remains the same. I found it pretty fun while playing.

To be completely honest, I had a blast with pretty much all of the games I played, except perhaps Shantae. Shantae was fine, but I guess nothing too impressive based on the level I played. I'm sure the final product will be a lot better though. The animation is amazing however, so I should give credit where it's due.

Also I heard directly from Ludosity that Ittle Dew didn't sell too well on Wii U, so they're not sure about that for the sequel.

maxcriden

That sounds like a great time. Were there refreshments served?

Additionally, what's the gameplay of Steamworld Heist like? I've had some difficulty understanding just how that all works.

Javier

Never finished S&P on the Wii VC (controls were terrible on a Wii Classic controller), so I'll pay the upgrade and finish it this time thanks to mappable buttons.

beril

September 3rd for Gunman Clive HD Collection in Europe, same day as the US! Thanks Beril. :)

You're quite welcome.

I didn't really focus on a simultaneous release, but *thanks* to some lotcheck issues and delays both versions ended up being approved quite close to each other and made it possible.

GulAtiCa

Don't worry, I don't focus on simultaneous releases either, as evidence by my 13 month gap. lol

But no seriously, looking forward Gunman Clive HD!

Umibozu

So does S&P1 have any input lag?
Yes, it has a slight lag of 1-3 frames that all VC games do, still very playable. I even got further than I did on my wii file.
Still that might affect some more than others.
It has remappable controls, crisp image (although still somewhat dark), and rumble which was a plus for me.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuuuuu

2 days till DI 3.0

68c6b038d2c3924e79c9666b25cadfef45484d531e81fcbcedb4ef6d7f981535.jpg

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
That sounds like a great time. Were there refreshments served?

Additionally, what's the gameplay of Steamworld Heist like? I've had some difficulty understanding just how that all works.

Yes there were refreshments actually haha.

Heist is literally a turn based strategy game. Imagine like Fire Emblem except in a 2D platformer kind of view instead of the overhead one. You move your team's characters, and depending on if you move too far, you can attack or not. Then the other team attacks, etc.

maxcriden

Space Dave! first teaser released. Looks like it will be a fun arcade-y shooter in the way Woah Dave! was a fun arcade-y Mario Bros.-esque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6Yr6bbjq4

(via http://www.GoNintendo.com)

Yes there were refreshments actually haha.

Heist is literally a turn based strategy game. Imagine like Fire Emblem except in a 2D platformer kind of view instead of the overhead one. You move your team's characters, and depending on if you move too far, you can attack or not. Then the other team attacks, etc.

Sounds interesting, thanks for the info. Did you enjoy it?

P.S. tell me more about the refreshments.

sörine

Banned
Also I heard directly from Ludosity that Ittle Dew didn't sell too well on Wii U, so they're not sure about that for the sequel.
Well considering the game still hasn't gotten it's promised bugfix/audio patch in America, now well over a year after announced, they should probably be ready to shoulder some of the blame for that themselves. Really amateur hour.

Ditto for Doublefine and CQ2. When even Nicalis is more timely than you, you know you have a problem.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Space Dave! first teaser released. Looks like it will be a fun arcade-y shooter in the way Woah Dave! was a fun arcade-y Mario Bros.-esque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6Yr6bbjq4

(via http://www.GoNintendo.com)

Sounds interesting, thanks for the info. Did you enjoy it?

P.S. tell me more about the refreshments.

xD. They had some (cheesy?) popcorn and pretzels. Eventually they had some cookies (chocolate chip & oatmeal) and some kind of cheesecake.

I think the stage itself was a bit simple for Steamworld Heist, and it didn't seem like there was any heal mechanic from what I could tell. It's early in the game I presume, so I probably was missing the healer. It was fine, albeit a bit hard for me.

VLiberty

Watched the nindies trailer.

FAST, Freedom Planet and The Next Penelope look absolutely amazing. So envy for Wii U owners, at least until I get a Wii U too

Among the "games I don't need to envy Wii U owners for" :p there are Poncho, New n Tasty, Electronic Super Joy and Shantae 4 which also look great. Nintendo is working really hard on the indie side and it shows.

Experien

Runbow is "broken."

I'm playing 1 player and the game will freeze/lag and eliminate the ability to make hard jobs. I got a bunch of people over tomorrow and very sad that I deleted the E3 demo already :( this is seriously a big hammer on it. It makes the game feel cheap when you can't control your characters.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Runbow is "broken."

I'm playing 1 player and the game will freeze/lag and eliminate the ability to make hard jobs. I got a bunch of people over tomorrow and very sad that I deleted the E3 demo already :( this is seriously a big hammer on it. It makes the game feel cheap when you can't control your characters.

Are you running it off of an external hard drive? Have you tried re-downloading it?

GulAtiCa

Runbow is "broken."

Move it to your Wii U internal HDD. I hear external HDDs have issues, for some odd issue

Top Bottom