• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2016

zroid

Banned
Saw this on the bitfinity website :3

390593e88f5249348735d18a6a172d48.png

Hilarion

So we don't know yet what the Wii U is getting? It's interesting how...unsteady they are at which time they post. I remember back in June, the week Super Paper Mario and Drill Dozer came out, they waited until like the end of Wednesday so everyone thought that there was nothing coming at all.

So we don't know yet what the Wii U is getting? It's interesting how...unsteady they are at which time they post. I remember back in June, the week Super Paper Mario and Drill Dozer came out, they waited until like the end of Wednesday so everyone thought that there was nothing coming at all.

Don't do this to yourself.

ChrisD

Didn't even know Tadpole Treble was being released until earlier this week. That definitely brightened my day, knowing it's so close! Really looking forward to playing that tomorrow; I have been excited to play it since Matthew first talked about it years ago!

TheMoon

It's weird because people have posted a bunch of games that were known to be coming right above you...

edit: sorry, I was speaking from the horse again!

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Tadpole Treble – Get ready for a creative adventure as you swim through sheet music and avoid the notes of the game’s catchy soundtrack. Along the way, you’ll encounter massive bosses, fully sung songs and plenty of unlockables, as well as an intuitive full stage/song creation mode using the Wii U GamePad controller.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Wave Race 64 – Choose one of four characters, each with his or her own unique abilities and style, and master the game’s excellent controls. Make your way through nine courses, each with its own challenges. Take a break from racing to try the Stunt Mode. Polish your skills pulling off handstands, rolls and flips.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Disney Art Academy – Demo Version – In the full version of the game, players can discover their inner artists to capture the stunning visuals of over 80 Disney and Pixar characters. With advice and lessons inspired by Disney art and Pixar animations, they learn to use a bundle of different drawing tools to create Elsa and Olaf from Disney Frozen, characters from Disney Inside Out, or characters like Mickey Mouse. They can even share their creations with their friends. The demo version gives players access to two lessons to try out: Mickey Mouse and Olaf from Disney Frozen. Game and demo in 2D.

Virtual Console on New Nintendo 3DS

Mega Man X – Hundreds of years after his death, Dr. Light’s final creation is discovered. Now, the future lies on the brink of destruction and X must use all of his newfound powers and abilities to hunt down the maverick Reploids and their leader, Sigma, before the human race is wiped from the planet.

Wii Retail Download

Mario Sports Mix – The game presents four familiar sports – hockey, basketball, volleyball, dodgeball – but with a Mario twist. Players can choose from a variety of playable Mushroom Kingdom characters or play as their own Mii characters. In any sport, power-ups can turn the tide of a game in an instant. And in over-the-top Mario sports fashion, each character can unleash a special move.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

AeternoBlade (Nintendo 3DS) and Wicked Monster Blast! HD+ (Wii U) are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Nano Assault NEO is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 25.
The Perplexing Orb is over 75 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 19.
Pixel Slime U, Tap Tap Arcade and more games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
Trine Enchanted Edition and Trine 2 Director’s Cut are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 29.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, Stella Glow and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 22.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy from Capcom are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.
4 Elements, Azada and more games from Media Sales & Licensing B.V. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 29.
Brunch Panic, Sweet Memories - Blackjack and more games from Circle Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 1.
Crazy Construction, Chain Blaster and more games from G-Style are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 25.
3D Streets of Rage, 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 29.
Crazy Kangaroo, League of Heroes and more games from Gamelion Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.

Also new this week:

Ambition of the Slimes (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Surfin’ Sam - Attack of the Aqualites (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
360 Breakout (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Hilarion

Wave Race 64 is a solid pick. Will this be the Wii edited version that removed all the ads and boosted the framerate from 20 to 30?

tolkir

Week 32 finished

7f5TM.png

WII U
eShop Original Software

Virtual Console

Wii Software

Sales

• The Perplexing Orb is over 75 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 19.
  • Nano Assault NEO is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 25.
  • Trine Enchanted Edition and Trine 2 Director’s Cut are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 29.
  • Wicked Monster Blast! HD+ is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
  • Pixel Slime U, Tap Tap Arcade and more games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
NEW NINTENDO 3DS
Virtual Console

NINTENDO 3DS
eShop Original Software

Demos

• Disney Art Academy (Nintendo)
Sales

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy from Capcom are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, Stella Glow and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 22.
  • Crazy Construction, Chain Blaster and more games from G-Style are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 25.
  • 3D Streets of Rage, 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 29.
  • Crazy Kangaroo, League of Heroes and more games from Gamelion Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
  • AeternoBlade is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
  • Brunch Panic, Sweet Memories - Blackjack and more games from Circle Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 1.
  • 4 Elements, Azada and more games from Media Sales & Licensing B.V. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 29.
vYU92.png

WII U
eShop Original Software

Wii Software

Sales

• Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends August 25, normally €49.99/£39.99)
  • DuckTales: Remastered (CAPCOM) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends August 25, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (CAPCOM) - €4.94/ £3.95 (Ends August 25, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Joe's Diner (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.77 (Ends August 25, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends August 25, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €8.49/£6.99 (Ends August 29, normally €16.99/£13.99)
  • Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte) - €6.49/£5.49 (Ends August 29, normally €12.99/£10.99)
  • REPTILIAN REBELLION (Herrero) - €1.49/£1.29 (Ends September 1, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (CORECELL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends September 1, normally €7.99/£7.19)
NEW NINTENDO 3DS
Virtual Console

• Mega Man X2 (Capcom | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19 or €3.99 | £3.59 if your purchased Mega Man X3 until 08/25)
  • Mega Man X3 (Capcom | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19 or €3.99 | £3.59 if your purchased Mega Man X2 until 08/25)
    TM_WiiUVC_MegaManX2_search_thumb.png
    TM_WiiUVC_MegaManX3_search_thumb.jpg
NINTENDO 3DS
eShop Original Software

Demos

• Disney Art Academy (Nintendo)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots)
Sales

• Mega Man Legacy Collection (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends August 25, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale (Marvelous) - €22.99/£19.99 (Ends August 25, normally €34.99/£29.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €8.99/£7.49 (Ends August 25, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • BIT.TRIP SAGA (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends August 25, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (Rising Star Games) - €11.99/£11.99 (Ends August 25, normally €29.99/£29.99)
  • Hometown Story (Rising Star Games) - €7.49/£7.49 (Ends August 25, normally €29.99/£29.99)
  • Virtue's Last Reward (Rising Star Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends August 25, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D (CAPCOM) - €7.99/£7.19 (Ends August 25, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends August 25, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • More sales
uxwGK.png

WII U
Virtual Console

Wii Software

NEW NINTENDO 3DS
Virtual Console

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Ace Attorney 6 will hit the US on Sept. 8th, with a demo hitting later this month on the 25th.

Pajamas

The advertisements from the original game are back.

I didn't see the upgrade price attached to the download page when I checked earlier. Am I to assume that since the original logos are back in it is a new copy of the game and the upgrade fee from the Wii version doesn't apply?

TheMoon

I didn't see the upgrade price attached to the download page when I checked earlier. Am I to assume that since the original logos are back in it is a new copy of the game and the upgrade fee from the Wii version doesn't apply?

Upgrade fees always apply. reverse Arkham City Wii U - same game, not the same content. Otherwise Europe wouldn't get any upgrade since we pretty much always get 60Hz US versions now instead of the PAL versions like on Wii. Upgrade always applies, you just maybe caught the poor server off-guard. Check back later.

RedToad64

This is just what I inspected by looking at the eShop and Miiverse screenshots. The discount has not popped up for me either.

deadfolk

How is Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS?

Never played a MM game before (shock horror, etc.), and don't know whether to go with this or X2/3.

All three are on sale, so now is the time.

donny2112

Phoenix Wright Trilogy is 45% off. Still waiting on 50% ... (I have them all on DS, so not like there's a rush to play them. Just want to play them again on my current handheld without digging out the cartridges.)

MANUELF

Banned
Phoenix Wright Trilogy is 45% off. Still waiting on 50% ... (I have them all on DS, so not like there's a rush to play them. Just want to play them again on my current handheld without digging out the cartridges.)

You wont buy them because is 1 dollar over what you want to pay?

Robin64

Thanks! How's the performance? Doubtful if I'll ever take advantage of the amiibo stuff.

Performance is okay. If you are a very sensitive retro nerd, you'll notice a little judder, but otherwise it's fine. Mega Man 5 is really bad, mind, and playing Rockman 5 instead fixes it. Who knows why!

TheBear

Do I want Yoshis new island? It's only $30 on Aus eshop. I kind of want animal crossing digitally but they haven't reduced the price here

Hilarion

How is Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS?

Never played a MM game before (shock horror, etc.), and don't know whether to go with this or X2/3.

All three are on sale, so now is the time.

I had a pretty bad experience with Legacy Collection.

It's a fantastic port/collection and if you like Megaman that's fantastic, more power to you, go ahead and buy it. The games look great, though the 3DS' tiny screen doesn't help.

The problem is that I very quickly learned that I simply wasn't good enough to play and enjoy these games anymore. Megaman games in the original series (Not X etc.) are very difficult, as well they should be because if you just beat them straight out without dying you'd be done in under an hour each. I quickly realized that I'm just not hardcore enough anymore to do anything and the games quickly grew extremely frustrating.

The Megaman X series is much more accessible. That has advantages, but if you're the sort of person who enjoys NES difficulty, you have to go with Legacy Collection.

Top Bottom