• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

So I guess I should make the announcement here, I am interviewing social community manager CeeCee from Natsume next week and if you all have any questions, I'll try and ask them to her.

Ask if they have any plans for original Wii U retail games. Maybe ask if they would team up with a Japanese developer to get some games made for Wii U, like ports or all-new games.

The fact they just put out Alphadia Genesis on Wii U eShop (localization that's developed by Kemco) shows effort and faith in the console.

So I guess I should make the announcement here, I am interviewing social community manager CeeCee from Natsume next week and if you all have any questions, I'll try and ask them to her.

Ask her if there's any particular direct action we should participate in if we want NOA to go ahead and release Lufia GBC in NA.
~sobs forever~

also

Banned

Since Nintendo published Lufia II in EU, will Europeans we be stuck with the 50Hz version or will they try to bring over the NA version?

tolkir

Ask her if there's some chance to localize others Kemco works as D.M.L.C.: Death Match Love Comedy or Togabito no Senritsu.

We need VNs on Wii U
and Yandere :)

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – Join rookie lawyer Phoenix Wright in his quest for justice in beautifully remastered versions of all three original entries in the Ace Attorney series. Prepare for intense courtroom showdowns by investigating crime scenes, collecting evidence and questioning witnesses. Find the contradictions in witnesses’ testimony to expose the truth! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy includes Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice For All and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Xeodrifter – Blast your way through alien landscapes, seek out valuable secrets and defeat ancient guardians to unlock powers in this exciting journey of mystery and adventure. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

Harvest Moon 3 GBC – A friend has requested your help to rebuild his family farm on a remote island. As you go through the daily tasks of growing vegetables, caring for animals and fishing, maybe you’ll find a companion to share your new farming life.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Crash ’n the Boys Street Challenge – Take control of one of four high school teams, all with different characters to play, as you make your way through five wild sporting events. Power through the 400-meter Hurdles, Hammer Throw, Swimming, Rooftop Jumping and Judo. Can you lead your high school to the top of the Street Challenge? Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Photo Challenge

Join the fans in the Super Smash Bros. community on Miiverse by posting a snapshot from the game based on the theme “Eat!” After the challenge ends on Dec. 16, Mr. Sakurai and the game’s developers will select and announce a handful of their favorite images.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition is more than 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 22.
How to Train Your Dragon 2, Planes Fire & Rescue and many more games from Little Orbit are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 16 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Shut the Box, Blok Drop U and other games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Woah Dave! is more than 70 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $0.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 15 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 2.
Rage of the Gladiator, Monster Shooter and more fun games from Gamelion are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 8.
Steel Empire is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $15.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 15.
Darts Up 3D and Soccer Up 3D from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 8.

Also new this week:

Lucadian Chronicles (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Angry Birds Star Wars (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
Angry Birds Trilogy (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
Hazumi (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I Love My Little Boy – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I Love My Little Girl – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I Love My Horse – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Moshi Monsters Katsuma Unleashed (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Moshi Monsters: Moshling Theme Park (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
My First Songs 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON STEALTH FORCE EDITION (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Talking Phrasebook – 7 Languages (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Wipeout 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

terrisus

I Love My Little Boy
I Love My Little Girl
I Love My Horse

Somehow, I feel like searching for any of these things would be a bad idea.
Especially in conjunction >.>

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON STEALTH FORCE EDITION (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

GOOD THING THIS IS IN ALL CAPITALS OR I MIGHT NOT HAVE NOTICED IT (What system is it for? I couldn't find it, since it was in appropriate casing)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Seeing how Angry Birds games came out in the end, I wonder if Activision will bring Call of Duty titles to Wii U eShop as well...I still wonder what blocked them for these 2 years.

Nastume has already confirmed that any Lufia game they previously released will be put on Virtual Console, which I think means all of them but Lufia I, which Square-Enix will need to release (so never) and GBA, which was Atlus. I wouldn't waste an interview question on that one.

SerTapTap

Wait, so lufia 2 SNES is coming to VC then?

GOOD THING THIS IS IN ALL CAPITALS OR I MIGHT NOT HAVE NOTICED IT (What system is it for? I couldn't find it, since it was in appropriate casing)

IT'S IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN HEAR IT OVER THE EXPLOOOOOSIONS

tebunker

Banned
Seeing how Angry Birds games came out in the end, I wonder if Activision will bring Call of Duty titles to Wii U eShop as well...I still wonder what blocked them for these 2 years.
It's all about the $$$ I am willing to bet that Activision gets a better/special deal in digital than other pubs on both PSN and XBL. They more than likely wanted that from Nintendo.

It is a shame these things are coming now though because the prices are ridiculous and Acti already missed the chance to get the easy digital monies.

I hate to admit it but I am genuinely interested in The Lost Orbit sale. I know the licensed stuff is nothing special but for the right prices I would love to pick up some more things to play with my son. The licensing will make easier to grab his attention even if they are average titles.

Oh and don't forget eshop cards will be 10% off at Best Buy starting on Sunday

zroid

Banned
no Pokémon Pinball :'(

edit: holy cow at the Woah Dave sale :lol just a reminder to those unaware, this is the game developed by the Bit.Trip guys. I guess the game bomba'd...

Anyone else downloading Lucadian Chronicles today?

My NNID is Ray00101 if anyone wants to play. I love me some CCGs, especially free ones, made by a dude that worked on My Life as a King.

Nairume

Banned
Anyone else downloading Lucadian Chronicles today?

My NNID is Ray00101 if anyone wants to play. I love me some CCGs, especially free ones, made by a dude that worked on My Life as a King.
I'm going to give it a shot and then maybe throw together an OT if it looks like it'll be something that GAF/people in general are going to keep playing.

SerTapTap

That's the Killer Instinct style freemium card game right? I guess I'll check it out, didn't realize it was out today

sörine

Banned
Nastume has already confirmed that any Lufia game they previously released will be put on Virtual Console, which I think means all of them but Lufia I, which Square-Enix will need to release (so never) and GBA, which was Atlus. I wouldn't waste an interview question on that one.
Okay, so let's just concentrate on Pocky & Rocky then. And maybe Car Battler Joe.

SerTapTap

MMZ is one of my fav mega man series! Zero 1 is fun but is in kind of rough shape compared to the rest.

2 is the "better game," but 1 is definitely a must-play as well.
And, in my opinion, 1 has the better story >.>

Don't think I have any reasonable way to play 1 though. I dont' even currently have an SNES to get a cart for. Maybe if/when I start collecting those

SerTapTap

Well, that's a problem in need of addressing then!

I gave away my old SNES because I was an idiot in college, so buying a replacement just seems...bleh. Would rather Virtual Console be a viable alternative but...that's not really happening either.

You can get all those games on that DS collection. I want to see more Battle Network games first, damnit. :(

You can, and I did, to replace my lost copy of MMZ 4 (or 3, forget which), but playing this with a proper controller would be great. As great as the games are, playing on GBA and 3/DS eventually hurts my hands.

How are Lufia I and II connected? Sequel? Prequel? No connection?

2 is a prequel

maxcriden

DKC Christmas miracle. C'mon.

edit: holy cow at the Woah Dave sale :lol just a reminder to those unaware, this is the game developed by the Bit.Trip guys. I guess the game bomba'd...

Apparently it's more of an arcade/high-score game. I was interested before I knew that.

--

I see there's an Another World sale. Is that one better suited to a 3DS or Wii U pickup? Seems like a good game to check out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Kinda forgot about that, definitely buying it at $0.99.

GulAtiCa

Woah Dave being so much on sale like that is odd. Esp at that price, since they won't earn much per individual sale. Though, I'd expect it to do well at least.

Aa usual, another week of NOA demonstrating their neverending diligence in making Wii U VC is their lowest priority possible. Still no DKC, no SMS or Genny support, no DS support, no free Brain Age, N64 still MIA, TG-16 support is only in Japan. Yes, a lot of this is third party related but NOA needs to step up to the plate and at least try to do something. If by any chance any NOA employees are reading this, Dan Adelman was a great guy for indies but his publically stated philosophy of staggering out VC releases is rediculous at this point and makes you look like a joke. He doesn't work there anymore SO, MAYBE FIND A WAY TO DISCONTINUE THE DRIP FEED POLICY FOR VC GAMES, FIGURE OUT SOMETHING WITH NCL, KONAMI, SEGA AND SQUARE ALREADY AND TURN THIS INTO A VIABLE SERVICE SOMETIME THIS DECADE.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

every game is on the eShop anyway so...

I like that policy. :p

I was considering NFS:MW as an alternative to MK8 (when I'm feeling like more of an open world cruise vs a fun and colorful racer). Is it any good on the Wii U?

Also looking at LEGO City Undercover, but I heard that the load times are miserable. Did they ever fix that?

Agent Unknown: We do have Mega Man Zero today at least.

Could be worse, Sony just ignores PS1 & PS2 Classics for PS4. :(

Some good points there, I'll admit. But release schedule still needs work and I'll stick with DS collection for MM Zero. Like anything would be an improvement at this point. Just having a surprise TG-16 game, an import or something additional would go a long way.

Experien

Has anyone bought/played/beaten The Fall (on Wii U)?

Just found out it is episodic and ends with a "to be continued" screen. I'm tired of this because there is no guarantee that the next episode will come (soon)...yeah I am looking at you Valve.

How does the story wrap up? Does it feel complete? Length is really relative to a good story. I don't want to just get to the good part and then it immediately ends and I want punch my GamePad.

zroid

Banned
get ready for the biggest two 3DS releases of the season:

"I Love My Little Boy" and "I Love My Little Girl"

Just found out it is episodic and ends with a "to be continued" screen. I'm tired of this because there is no guarantee that the next episode will come (soon)...yeah I am looking at you Valve.

How does the story wrap up? Does it feel complete? Length is really relative to a good story. I don't want to just get to the good part and then it immediately ends and I want punch my GamePad.

It does end on sort of a cliffhanger, but the ending ties everything together--it's not really abrupt, so it feels complete as-is. The Fall is a little on the short side, it took me ~4.5 hours to complete. I found it to be enjoyable though.

As for the next episodes, the dev (on Miiverse) said that the Wii version had done well enough to fund the next two episodes and that episode 2 will drop sometime next fall.

SerTapTap

It's a decent end to the arc but also certainly a cliffhanger. But honestly some games would have ended on the note it ends on without actually making a second game. I am quite annoyed there's no second episode with a release date yet though. It's a very good game and I want to continue the gameplay/story.

So...yes and no. I'm glad I played, but I can certainly see the ending being frustrating. It's not really a sudden end either though. It's definitely a conclusion but also the start of something new. Hard to express without spoilers.

As for the next episodes, the dev (on Miiverse) said that the Wii version had done well enough to fund the next two episodes and that episode 2 will drop sometime next fall.

Is there a name for this yet? I couldn't find jack searching for "the fall 2" after I beat it on PC.

Top Bottom