• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

tolkir

I like that policy. :p

I was considering NFS:MW as an alternative to MK8 (when I'm feeling like more of an open world cruise vs a fun and colorful racer). Is it any good on the Wii U?

Also looking at LEGO City Undercover, but I heard that the load times are miserable. Did they ever fix that?

Sadly, no. I don't think they will fix that. But it deserves to take it a look, its script is very funny.

I can't help you about NFS.

GulAtiCa

NFS:MW is excellent and so damn fun! I really recommend it. I got it at launch ($30 EA sale FTW). It's not only a good port, but the best version.

Experien

It does end on sort of a cliffhanger, but the ending ties everything together--it's not really abrupt, so it feels complete as-is. The Fall is a little on the short side, it took me ~4.5 hours to complete. I found it to be enjoyable though.

As for the next episodes, the dev (on Miiverse) said that the Wii version had done well enough to fund the next two episodes and that episode 2 will drop sometime next fall.

Next Fall for...the next The Fall seems so far off but if they are still making it, I'm not opposed to it. I'd just hate to get it and have nothing come like Psi-Ops. I'm still crossing my fingers that WB/TellTale Fusion doesn't screw us and NOT release LEGO Hobbit 5 Armies DLC levels. I don't care about the costumes junk, there is more than enough characters in it already.

It's a decent end to the arc but also certainly a cliffhanger. But honestly some games would have ended on the note it ends on without actually making a second game. I am quite annoyed there's no second episode with a release date yet though. It's a very good game and I want to continue the gameplay/story.

So...yes and no. I'm glad I played, but I can certainly see the ending being frustrating. It's not really a sudden end either though. It's definitely a conclusion but also the start of something new. Hard to express without spoilers.

Is there a name for this yet? I couldn't find jack searching for "the fall 2" after I beat it on PC.

Hmmm...is the ending a bit like how Prometheus ended but it continues on like, "oh shoot, what happens next?" So it ends but it leaves it open for another?

Anybody posting Xeodrifter impressions today?

I'm probably buying when I get home, but it would be nice to have a little to go on.

SerTapTap

Hmmm...is the ending a bit like how Prometheus ended but it continues on like, "oh shoot, what happens next?" So it ends but it leaves it open for another?

I haven't seen Prometheus, but it's certainly not a 100% wrap up then a "but wait, there's more". The way things conclude immediately leave some questions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, that's weird. I can't find Mega Man Zero on the eShop. I wonder if it's meant for next week.

Experien

I was considering NFS:MW as an alternative to MK8 (when I'm feeling like more of an open world cruise vs a fun and colorful racer). Is it any good on the Wii U?

Also looking at LEGO City Undercover, but I heard that the load times are miserable. Did they ever fix that?

I got LEGO City Undercover this year and I'm loving it. It really could be the best LEGO game. Lots of jokes, silly stuff, WAY WAY TOO much to do, and just fun. The load times are bad but VERY minimal. They only pop-up when transitioning between mission and city or city and inside (mission?).

But once you get the big load of the city done...NO LOAD TIMES. Explore the city with no worries of loads and I think no pop-in. So if you are afraid of the load time (which is bad but isn't game ruining), just maximize your time in the city and only replay levels when you have all abilities unlocked.

Experien

Anybody posting Xeodrifter impressions today?

I'm probably buying when I get home, but it would be nice to have a little to go on.

Heard nothing but good things...fun, difficult but not stupid, and has a decent bit a length. I'm probably going to grab it up too.

I haven't seen Prometheus, but it's certainly not a 100% wrap up then a "but wait, there's more". The way things conclude immediately leave some questions.

Hmmm, maybe a better example is the Super Mario Bros movie...it ends but it like begins a new story in the final scene? :p

tolkir

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge | $TBC until 12/24, then $7.99) Upcoming 12/12
  • Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games | $3.99 until 01/01, then $7.99)
  • Blok Drop U (Rcmadiax | $0.99 until 01/07, then $1.99)
  • Poker Dice Solitaire Future (Rcmadiax | $0.69 until 01/07, then $0.99)
  • Shut the Box (Rcmadiax | $0.69 until 01/07, then $0.99)
  • Spikey Walls (Rcmadiax | $0.69 until 01/07, then $0.99)
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit | $TBC until 01/14, then $TBC) Upcoming 12/16
  • Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue (Little Orbit | $TBC until 01/14, then $TBC) Upcoming 12/16

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• I Love My Little Horse (Bigben Int. | Demo)
  • I Love My Little Boy (Bigben Int. | Demo)
  • I Love My Little Girl (Bigben Int. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge | $TBC until 12/24, then $7.99) Upcoming 12/12
  • Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy Games | $1.99 until 01/01, then $2.99)
  • Woah Dave! (Gaijin Games | $0.99 until 01/02, then $4.99) Upcoming 12/15
  • Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion | $TBC until 01/08, then $TBC)
  • Monster Shooter (Gamelion | $1.99 until 01/08, then $4.99)
  • Darts Up 3D (Enjoy Gaming | $0.99 until 01/08, then $2.99)
  • Soccer Up 3D (Enjoy Gaming | $1.99 until 01/08, then $6.99)
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit | $TBC until 01/14, then $TBC) Upcoming 12/16
  • Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue (Little Orbit | $TBC until 01/14, then $TBC) Upcoming 12/16
  • Steel Empire (Starfish SD | $15.99 until 01/15, then $29.99)

vYU92.png

• Zen Pinball 2 (Zen Studios)
    Venom Table (€2.99 | £2.49)
    South Park (€4.99 | £3.99)
    Core Collection (€9.99 | £7.99)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom | €14.99 | £11.99 until 12/18, then €49.99 | £39.99)
  • Blok Drop U (Rcmadiax | €0.99 | £0.79 until 01/07, then €1.49 | £1.29)
  • Barbie Dreamhouse Party (Little Orbit | €15.00 | £13.50 until 01/30, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Monster High: 13 Wishes (Little Orbit | €15.00 | £13.50 until 01/30, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia | €4.85 | £4.49 until 02/02, then €6.99 | £5.99)
  • Color Zen (Cypronia | €2.24 | £2.24 until 02/02, then €2.99 | £2.99)
  • Color Zen Kids (Cypronia | €2.24 | £2.24 until 02/02, then €2.99 | £2.99)
  • My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia | €3.74 | £3.35 until 02/02, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco Games | £19.99 Permanent, was £24.99)
  • Rise of the Guardians (Bandai Namco Games | €19.99 | £19.99 Permanent, was €44.99 | £35.99)

• Hello Kitty Happy Happy Family (Bigben Int. | €34.99 | £29.99)
  • My Life on a Farm 3D (Bigben Int. | €29.99 | £24.99)
  • I Love My Little Boy (Bigben Int. | €24.99 | £19.99)
  • I Love My Little Girl (Bigben Int. | €24.99 | £19.99)
    PS_3DS_HelloKittyHappyHappyFamily_UKV_search_thumb.jpg

• Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus)
    Navigation: Theodore (€2.99 | £2.69)
    Navigation: Elizabeth (€2.99 | £2.69)
    Navigation: Margaret (€2.99 | £2.69)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom | €9.99 | £8.49 until 12/18, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom | €3.99 | £3.59 until 12/18, then €9.99 | £8.99)
  • Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus | €19.99 | £17.99 until 12/25, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Aeternoblade (Corecell | €5.99 | £5.40 until 01/01, then €14.99 | £13.50)
  • Parking Star 3D (Circle Ent. | €1.99 | £1.79 until 01/01, then €2.99 | £2.49)
  • Witch & Hero (Circle Ent. | €1.99 | £1.79 until 01/01, then €4.00 | £3.60)
  • 10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion | €0.99 | £0.89 until 01/08, then €1.99 | £1.79)
  • Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion | €0.99 | £0.89 until 01/08, then €1.99 | £1.79)
  • Monster Shooter (Gamelion | €1.99 | £1.60 until 01/08, then €4.00 | £3.20)
  • Pick-A-Gem (Gamelion | €1.49 | £1.29 until 01/08, then €2.99 | £2.69)
  • PIX3D (Gamelion | €1.99 | £1.79 until 01/08, then €3.99 | £3.59)
  • Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion | €3.49 | £3.09 until 01/08, then €6.99 | £6.29)
  • SpeedX 3D (Gamelion | €1.49 | £1.29 until 01/08, then €2.99 | £2.69)
  • SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion | €0.99 | £0.89 until 01/08, then €1.99 | £1.79)
  • Carps & Dragons (Abylight | €2.99 | £2.49 until 01/12, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • Quell Reflect (Circle Ent. | €2.99 | £2.69 until 01/12, then €3.99 | £3.49)
  • Barbie Dreamhouse Party (Little Orbit | €15.00 | £13.50 until 01/30, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Barbie Groom and Glam Pups (Little Orbit | €10.00 | £8.99 until 01/30, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Monster High: 13 Wishes (Little Orbit | €15.00 | £13.50 until 01/30, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Monster High Skultimate Roller Maze (Little Orbit | €5.00 | £4.49 until 01/30, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Angry Bunnies (Cypronia | €4.85 | £4.49 until 02/02, then €6.49 | £5.99)
  • Bubble Pop World (Cypronia | €3.74 | £3.35 until 02/02, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • Color Zen (Cypronia | €2.24 | £2.24 until 02/02, then €2.99 | £2.99)
  • Color Zen Kids (Cypronia | €2.24 | £2.24 until 02/02, then €2.99 | £2.99)
  • Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia | €3.74 | £3.35 until 02/02, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia | €3.74 | £3.35 until 02/02, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco Games | £14.99 Permanent, was £19.99)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

terrisus

Is this ONLY for downloads, or is this the unofficial Wii U community thread?

We did used to have separate threads for separate things (eShop, VC, etc.)

But, apparently "they" decided that a mega-thread was the way to go...
Then also decided that "mega-threads" belong in the Community section...

So, here we are.

SerTapTap

Hmmm, maybe a better example is the Super Mario Bros movie...it ends but it like begins a new story in the final scene? :p

There's certainly a new story to be told, and the end of the first. I strongly recommend not finding spoilers of the ending, whether you decide to play it now or later. I'd be a bit worried that pre-release info of 2 will ruin the ending of 1 actually. It would be hard to describe the game without spoiling it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
NFS:MW is excellent and so damn fun! I really recommend it. I got it at launch ($30 EA sale FTW). It's not only a good port, but the best version.

I got LEGO City Undercover this year and I'm loving it. It really could be the best LEGO game. Lots of jokes, silly stuff, WAY WAY TOO much to do, and just fun. The load times are bad but VERY minimal. They only pop-up when transitioning between mission and city or city and inside (mission?).

But once you get the big load of the city done...NO LOAD TIMES. Explore the city with no worries of loads and I think no pop-in. So if you are afraid of the load time (which is bad but isn't game ruining), just maximize your time in the city and only replay levels when you have all abilities unlocked.

I'll be hunting down NFS:MW over the next few days. I also will look into LCU...I wanted it back when it came out, but I heard the loading times were terrible.

Also, Angry Birds for $50 a pop? There's no way they sell those.

RickA238

How is the Steel Empire remake for 3DS? Worth $15 on sale? That still feels like a hefty price for a essentially game I played 20+ years ago.

Looking forward to reading impressions on Xeodrifter.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
The Russian eShop is incredible. Switched to it and bought a bunch of games and made out like a bandit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nastume has already confirmed that any Lufia game they previously released will be put on Virtual Console, which I think means all of them but Lufia I, which Square-Enix will need to release (so never) and GBA, which was Atlus. I wouldn't waste an interview question on that one.

The interview is going to be an hour long so there is space for such questions.

terrisus

The interview is going to be an hour long so there is space for such questions.

Ask multiple questions about Lufia.
In multiple ways.
Until they say that they're bringing the ones they have control over to the US VC - as soon as possible.

jholmes

edit: holy cow at the Woah Dave sale :lol just a reminder to those unaware, this is the game developed by the Bit.Trip guys. I guess the game bomba'd...

Perhaps they shouldn't have named the game Woah Dave.

NFS is brilliant on the Wii U and crazy cheap. Uses the hardware and Miiverse well. Highly, highly recommended.

Lego City Undercover is excellent but the load times are bad and the last time I played it didn't get any better. That said they only come up when you enter a building, which can be pretty infrequent so long as you're not darting in and out of them. They really only come up when starting the game, entering the Police HQ, entering a stage or exiting the police HQ or a stage. Unless you're buying things at the HQ, you could goof around in the game for hours and only have it load the one time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is Woah Dave actually on sale for everyone right now?

Just went to the eshop and it's still $5.49.

Edit: see below

So GAF, in preparation for Tetris Axis' removal from the eShop, I'm HIGHLY considering purchasing it.

How is it? It's by Hudson and I think was their not only last game ever, but also they ended it with the best company to do so; Nintendo, as Nintendo published it in NA.

Oh and Bomberman cameos in it! :D

But anyway, this sort of game basically demands being digital if possible, and it's $10 says Nintendo.com.

Anyone able to compare it to Tetris Party which I heard was really well liked? Apparently Tetris Party Deluxe wasn't just a retail conversion but had a different composer (who did Axis as well) a different designer (again also worked on Axis).

I only ever played the GB original on my 3DS. But I'm in the mood to go for it, especially as it's Hudson's swan song and Nintendo is really the definitive Tetris company (hey the ex-President of NOA and Yamauchi's son-in-law is/was at Tetris Online after all!)

TheMoon

NFSMWU is the best version in terms of features. The co-driver mode is genuinely cool and it has upgraded textures from the PC version.

In general for these things we have the Wii U Games [insert year] thread, though: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743320 (2014) and the freshly created http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949567 (2015)

Downloading Xeodrifter, yum yum.

Yes, Lufia has been the most popular of questions thus far.
Natsume only published a couple of the Lufia games, I'm not sure what people will be expecting from them beyond what they've already said on Twitter.

(much later edit):

Actually, I am a little curious about that. Typically when companies publish other company's games elsewhere, it falls back to the original IP holder for future releases (ex: Nintendo published Mega Man 6 in the US originally, but it was back to Capcom for Virtual Console). So why is Natsume still able to publish Lufia II and Lufia: The Legend Returns, and by their words, only those two? In any possible scenario (ex: they kept ownership of the localization work, like how Working Designs does with their releases), they would still need to work with Square-Enix for a Virtual Console release. And if Square-Enix is okay with them releasing these two, why not the other two at that point?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
NFSMWU is the best version in terms of features. The co-driver mode is genuinely cool and it has upgraded textures from the PC version.

In general for these things we have the Wii U Games [insert year] thread, though: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743320 (2014) and the freshly created http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949567 (2015)

Cool thanks - I am going to hit up Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Game Stop tomorrow in search for this.

Natsume only published a couple of the Lufia games, I'm not sure what people will be expecting from them beyond what they've already said on Twitter.

(much later edit):

Actually, I am a little curious about that. Typically when companies publish other company's games elsewhere, it falls back to the original IP holder for future releases (ex: Nintendo published Mega Man 6 in the US originally, but it was back to Capcom for Virtual Console). So why is Natsume still able to publish Lufia II and Lufia: The Legend Returns, and by their words, only those two? In any possible scenario (ex: they kept ownership of the localization work, like how Working Designs does with their releases), they would still need to work with Square-Enix for a Virtual Console release. And if Square-Enix is okay with them releasing these two, why not the other two at that point?
I'd imagine Natsume tried to get the IP owners to hand over the game's release rights for America/ Europe. Like how Marvelous couldn't get back the Harvest Moon name and Natsume published Harvest Moon on VC. I presume back then, since Natsume didn't have much in terms of IP while the IP holders didn't have a lot of resources, they made this decision presumely because they didn't foresee digital distribution becoming big in the next couple decades.

In the download news, it seems 6 eShop games will see Wii U release next week. I so far see
Toss n' Go
Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion
Meme Run
Plenty of Fishes
99Moves

Also, on the 25th
Spy Chameleon
Shantae and Pirate's Curse

Also on 3DS
Asterix is coming on 18th for 34.99

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

(much later edit):

The question is a bit long winded but none the less added to the list.

Top Bottom