• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

TheMoon

You can never have enough copies of Dr. Mario <3

Dr. Mario 64 is kind of spoiled for me due to the fact that I was playing it with my sister when we got the call that our cat had to be put to sleep =(

Oh shit man :(

Hearing stuff like that always hits me hard. Retroactive "been there" e-hug. For that I'll even let you openly hate on action RPGs.

terrisus

Oh shit man :(

Hearing stuff like that always hits me hard. Retroactive "been there" e-hug. For that I'll even let you openly hate on action RPGs.

Thanks for the e-hug =)

It was really difficult. He was only like 12, and had been having kidney issues for a couple of years.
We had been giving him fluid shots at home, but his kidneys finally just shut down.

It took me years to be able to finally get another cat.
And, as much as I love the two cats I have now... I still miss him =(

TheMoon

Thanks for the e-hug =)

It was really difficult. He was only like 12, and had been having kidney issues for a couple of years.
We had been giving him fluid shots at home, but his kidneys finally just shut down.

It took me years to be able to finally get another cat.
And, as much as I love the two cats I have now... I still miss him =(

Yea going through something similar right now still. Shit sucks.

Hey, since we have a January thread now, let's turn this one into Pet Lovers Anonymous. Where's maxcriden?

terrisus

Hey, since we have a January thread now, let's turn this one into Pet Lovers Anonymous. Where's maxcriden?

That sucks, sorry to hear that <e-hug>

And, indeed, I love my cats <3
They are awesome

maxcriden

I'm here. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this, Moon. Let me know if you want to talk anytime. I've been through this still and it's just...it gets easier eventually somehow because it has to, or you learn to deal with it, but it's still terrible.

Eli says hi!!

Photo on 10-3-12 at 9.29 AM #2 by maxcriden, on Flickr

I can't find the thread but just a friendly reminder that we have less than 3 hours for Wii U Deluxe owners to get the 10% off all e shop purchases. I shall return to post my haul.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dr. Mario 64 is kind of spoiled for me due to the fact that I was playing it with my sister when we got the call that our cat had to be put to sleep

A big, heartfelt hug to you two, I know how hard it is.
I'm here. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this, Moon. Let me know if you want to talk anytime. I've been through this still and it's just...it gets easier eventually somehow because it has to, or you learn to deal with it, but it's still terrible.

Eli says hi!!
coolpic!

I always loved pets and especially cats (I loved my dogs but if I had to choose at gunpoint I guess I'd say I'm more of a cat person ahah), I've had many of them but I didn't feel connected to my cats emotionally, ever; don't get me wrong, I cared deeply for my cats, played with them all the time and such... we're talking 6 or 7 cats over the years (I'm 37).
Then Lisa came along.
Lisa was *MY* cat. I won't talk why she was so goddamn special, my true lucky charm, an amazingly smart little magical cat, but the joy she brought into mine and my family's life was tangible and put a spell on all of us, even my father who was never a cat person.
We found her, abandoned, on our house's yard on New Year's morning of the year 2000. That's right, someone had the guts to abandon their unwanted pet on the morning of January 1st, 2000.
Today would have been our 15th anniversary.
When she was diagnosed of brain tumor, a few months before turning completely blind, the doctors only gave her up to 4 weeks at the most and told us to get ready, since we weren't going to let her suffer and at the first sign of discomfort we had decided we would gently put her down. So, again, they gave her 4 weeks tops. Thanks to me and my mom's determination in looking after her and taking care of the illness, she went on to live another 18 months, and she blessed us with that time to enjoy her sweet company. That day she made clear she was telling us goodbye (I can't even fully explain this 'cause I know it sounds far fetched, so let's leave it at that) and finally she fell asleep while purring on my lap. Lisa died on September 2011, I still miss her deeply.

Lisa - February 2010 said:
Xol-gLYSMJ1tEpbGW60_FQsLbn3b8EBhTszsUV6r5f0
emgYPFCkKjQZQNO6I8W_-BFpxHJp4RPKLQnZKuQhcI8

TheMoon

That day she made clear she was telling us goodbye (I can't even fully explain this 'cause I know it sounds far fetched, so let's leave it at that)

It's a thing. Once you've been there, you kinda know. No need to explain. Big group hug!

We sort of "got" a new cat recently after initially deciding the loss(es) had been too much that we went through before and didn't want to go through this all again someday. But of course humans don't have a say in these things. We live in a quiet neighborhood and lots of people have cats around here, some of them stroll through here regularly, scooping up the food we put out for birds (yea they occasionally even eat oats^^) or hedgehogs living in our garden. There was this grey one who was super shy until I one day threw her out some tiny piece of leftover chicken that fell on the floor while cooking. Big mistake obviously, cause after that she decided to "break in" when we weren't looking, check out the house. And to nobody's surprise she decided to live here now. Like it's the most normal thing in the world lol. "Hey, all those cat things you put away? Dust those off, I'm gonna need those, k?"

jholmes

I liked Tengami quite a bit, so I'm disappointed to hear Nyamnyam seemingly blaming everyone but themselves for how the game did on Wii U.

I'd say that the Wii U sales have been somewhat disappointing. Although we had much lower expectations than iOS, I think even taking that into consideration we've been disappointed with the sales so far.

In an ideal world we would price the game the same everywhere but the reality is that each market is very different and will support differing price levels and sales volumes. The price gap came for those reasons and also because of the additional development costs for a platform that we knew was unlikely to generate a lot of sales for us.
We always felt that Wii U would be a low volume platform and so if we priced too low we just wouldn't even break even. Would we have sold twice as many if the price was halved? My feeling is probably not. In contrast on iOS the market will just not support higher prices. We went with what is still considered a premium price on that platform (£2.99) and were happy in the end with that decision.

They launched the Wii U version about half a year after the iOS build and at something like three times the price. This is for a game pretty much anyone could beat in an hour or so. I recommend this game highly if it goes on sale and you're into something a little on the meditative side, but I'd like to see these guys say "Wow, yeah, we shouldn't have jacked up the price on Wii U after delaying it for months and months. We blame ourselves. Live and learn. Hope you enjoy the game."

TheMoon

They launched the Wii U version about half a year after the iOS build and at something like three times the price. This is for a game pretty much anyone could beat in an hour or so. I recommend this game highly if it goes on sale and you're into something a little on the meditative side, but I'd like to see these guys say "Wow, yeah, we shouldn't have jacked up the price on Wii U after delaying it for months and months. We blame ourselves. Live and learn. Hope you enjoy the game."

Yea I feel the same (btw we have a January thread now). I skipped buying it because of feedback that it was extremely short and more of a relaxing game that doesn't seem to have much replay value for the price its asking. I get that this is a risky endeavor but bad business decisions are bad business decisions. Don't blame gamers for not buying something you didn't make very enticing.

Top Bottom