• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

sörine

Banned
Ask Natsume if there's any possibility of reviving Omega-Five 3DS? And if they're considering making a Wii U Harvest Moon now that they're in charge of development?

Natsume, would you ever consider licensing Pop'n Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures from Konami for us poor North Americans who haven't been able to play this SNES VC classic since it never came here?

YES, PLEASE ASK THIS. And maybe would they consider licensing other Konami import titles and/or TG-16 titles?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alright, certainly some unexpected questions, but logged none the less. Also, recording details, the interview will be recorded live about 9:00 PM on Wednesday and should be ready to go shortly after the proceedings wrap up, I would say by 11:00 PM. There will be an iTunes version but that usually comes the day after. Anyway, the upshot is I'll post the completed interview here so you all can listen to it. If somebody wants to make a thread about any information garnered from said interview, that is their deal, I tend to stay away from such things.

maxcriden

As in we both buy a JP Wii U and share it between ourselves? I don't think that's feasible. :p

Oh, you're not in the US? I wonder why I thought you were. Yes, that was my crazy idea. ;)

Ninja edit: oh, now I understand Terry's post. Yeah! I thought that would be mildly feasible since I don't see myself playing it too often, but if it's too out there as an idea, no sweat. :)

Alright, certainly some unexpected questions, but logged none the less. Also, recording details, the interview will be recorded live about 9:00 PM on Wednesday and should be ready to go shortly after the proceedings wrap up, I would say by 11:00 PM. There will be an iTunes version but that usually comes the day after. Anyway, the upshot is I'll post the completed interview here so you all can listen to it. If somebody wants to make a thread about any information garnered from said interview, that is their deal, I tend to stay away from such things.

Can't wait, thank you Shard!

Oh, you're not in the US? I wonder why I thought you were. Yes, that was my crazy idea. ;)

No, I'm in the U.S. Just that unfortunately I don't think shipping an actual console back and forth across the country (a spendy import one, no less) would be a good idea. I like the idea of sharing a system but I think it'd work better if we were neighbors and could just drop it off when needed. Of course, this would be a moot point if Nintendo would just make all the eShops region free. :/

maxcriden

No, I'm in the U.S. Just that unfortunately I don't think shipping an actual console back and forth across the country (a spendy import one, no less) would be a good idea. I like the idea of sharing a system but I think it'd work better if we were neighbors and could just drop it off when needed. Of course, this would be a moot point if Nintendo would just make all the eShops region free. :/

Yes, I'm sure you're right. Well, it was just an oddball idea on a whim. :) We're planning to move in six months or so hopefully, so maybe we can be neighbors after all! ;) Anyway, is there a way to access the JP/EU Wii shops with a Wii? Some sort of homebrew?

rjc571

Banned
No link but Jools Watsham (Renegade Kid) is being interviewed on Vinesauce and he revealed that the first Dementium game is being remade on the 3DS, and that they're trying to get it released next Q2 (so realistically don't expect it til Q4 at the earliest)..

No link but Jools Watsham (Renegade Kid) is being interviewed on Vinesauce and he revealed that the first Dementium game is being remade on the 3DS, and that they're trying to get it released next Q2 (so realistically don't expect it til Q4 at the earliest)..

LOL awesome place, surprised that Vinny is testing the waters on journalism when he's not awesomely busting games apart and other hilarious things! :D

rjc571

Banned
LOL awesome place, surprised that Vinny is testing the waters on journalism when he's not awesomely busting games apart and other hilarious things! :D

He was streaming Xeodrifter and Jools called in to his stream. I think it's a pretty common promotional tactic for indie developers to chat with popular twitch streamers while/after they stream their games. I've seen Vinny do this before with other developers.

TheMoon

Does purchasing the Mario Kart 8 DLC packs count towards Digital Digital points? I'm trying to earn a few more eShop codes before the DX Digital promo ends.

Everything does. You spend money, redeem a code you bought elsewhere on the Wii U eShop, you get points.

Hey maxcriden, can you please find out if dakko dakko are still bringing scram kitty to Australia?

You could try asking Rhod directly on twitter, too.

sörine

Banned
They won't even license other Natsume-Atari games, no way in hell will they start pushing Konami games.
Yeah the Konami question is a waste. It'd be better to ask if they'll push Konami to bring TG16 so they could release Dead Moon on 3DS/Wii U VC.

They won't even license other Natsume-Atari games, no way in hell will they start pushing Konami games.

Darn. Well, unless the question in the interview sparks some interest, guess we're still left at the mercy of Konami.

Edit: But like sorine said, its still worth wondering if they'd be willing to help bring over TG-16/PCE titles.

I'm surprised at how much Konami has changed for the worse in just a few short years. Last gen they were still doing cool stuff such as the Rebirth series on Wii Ware, lots of TG-16 and PCE import games on VC, Konami Arcade Classics collection for DS, partnering with WayForward on Contra 4, classic arcade titles on XBLA, and the occasional Bomberman Online title just to name some things. They went from all of that to shunning their vast wealth of classic IPs, almost exclusively focusing on MGS and PES, treating Iga, so badly he left the company and shutting down fan blogs and they also tried to remove HG101's Castlevania book from Amazon.

Everything does. You spend money, redeem a code you bought elsewhere on the Wii U eShop, you get points.

I figured but wasn't quite sure if DLC counted just like actual games, thanks.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
ok, why nobody told me how great The Swapper is? I mean, it's wonderful.
but in general I think that the indie scene is too hard, they should fine tuning the difficulty. telsagrad, master reboot, scram kitty, partially the swapper...great games at least tone down by their difficulty. is shovel knight the same? what about stealth inc 2?

.Anema

Hey GAF!
I just saw some videos of Shovel Knight in the eShop and looks really awesome. Should I buy it? or maybe wait for the PS4 version? I need some advice, thanks!

zroid

Banned
Hey GAF!
I just saw some videos of Shovel Knight in the eShop and looks really awesome. Should I buy it? or maybe wait for the PS4 version? I need some advice, thanks!

Is it gonna be cross-buy? If you can wait, then wait I guess.

You should buy it though, for whatever console.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, just about an hour left before the window on viewer submitted questions ends, so if you have any questions left for Natsume, be sure to enter them in this space soon.

jholmes

YES, PLEASE ASK THIS. And maybe would they consider licensing other Konami import titles and/or TG-16 titles?

Shard, please ask this. Whatever we can do to at least nudge the big stationary boulder that is TG16 games in North America.

Hey GAF!

It's on Wii U right now and it's awesome there. Shovel Knight has one of the best implementations of Miiverse, too. If you're in Europe you can go cross-buy with the 3DS and Wii U versions for a little extra cash.

So it's up to you I guess: wait for the PS4 version which could well be months away and get the God of War fight and maybe take advantage of cross-buy, or get it on Wii U now and get the Miiverse stuff and off-TV play. This is a no-brainer for me but your situation might be different.

BooJoh

Hey GAF!

It's one of the best modern retro games there is, so you should get it. Which version depends on what you want out of it. I can vouch for its fantastic use of 3D on the 3DS version, though the StreetPass arena is fairly useless.

I have a $50 steam wallet code and am looking to trade it for a $50 eshop code.

I just got a Wii U and am looking to make some digital purchases. PM me if interested!

maxcriden

ok, why nobody told me how great The Swapper is? I mean, it's wonderful.
but in general I think that the indie scene is too hard, they should fine tuning the difficulty. telsagrad, master reboot, scram kitty, partially the swapper...great games at least tone down by their difficulty. is shovel knight the same? what about stealth inc 2?

SKAHBOR got more doable post-patch if you've tried it again. Shovel Knight is tough in parts but not brutally hard for the most part. Superb games, both of them. :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alright then, the time has expired and the questions are in, thanks to everybody who posted one and I hope you enjoy the forthcoming interview with Natsume.

terrisus

Alright then, the time has expired and the questions are in, thanks to everybody who posted one and I hope you enjoy the forthcoming interview with Natsume.

I was thinking about posting more Lufia-related questions, but, I think you got the idea >.>

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not the only one who was left underwhelmed with Xeodrifter, right?

I was pretty underwhelmed. No exploration, very linear, bullet sponge enemies,
all bosses were the same basic thing. With upgrades only coming after them, instead of being hidden throughout the world. The upgrades should have had an impact on the next boss fight or something.

Good starting point for a game if they can build on it in a sequel. I did like how the weapon upgrade system worked, but the game needs missiles and bombs IMO aside from just the regular shooting.

.Anema

Shard, please ask this. Whatever we can do to at least nudge the big stationary boulder that is TG16 games in North America.

It's on Wii U right now and it's awesome there. Shovel Knight has one of the best implementations of Miiverse, too. If you're in Europe you can go cross-buy with the 3DS and Wii U versions for a little extra cash.

So it's up to you I guess: wait for the PS4 version which could well be months away and get the God of War fight and maybe take advantage of cross-buy, or get it on Wii U now and get the Miiverse stuff and off-TV play. This is a no-brainer for me but your situation might be different.

Awesome! I'll buy for WiiU, I'm a fan of Miiverse haha.
Thank you everyone! :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm here to regale you all with an absolutely, 100% true story of my crazy best friend and his love of Downloadable Wii U titles.

As many of you might know last year Nintendoland got a price cut in the US...followed immediately by its surprising removal from the US eshop. This actually got me good as I sold my copy of Nintendoland that very week in anticipation of getting it again Digitally. My friend though was absolutely defeated when this happened. I told him of one crazy plan though; the Toys R Us near my house had 1 remaining source that might get him a digital copy of this game but there were two problems.

1. It cost four hundred dollars, it was the extra premium ZombiU edition with the game, Nintendoland Download Code, Wii U Pro Controller, and Deluxe Wii U. It never got a price drop at this Toys R Us, which is why this one console had been there the entire time. You could get a Wii U with a game for HALF THAT PRICE this week at the same store.

2. No one online was crazy enough to test this or possibly had the means to. I told him that hey, the game isn't on the NA eshop anymore unless you already downloaded it. The code might not work.

But he got a raise a few weeks ago and decided to go for it. I tried talking him out of it (I had thought of buying it myself at various points but 400 bucks for a game that can be had for 5 on a disc? I couldn't figure out anyway to do it myself. But this brave man did the deed when he was down here visiting me this weekend...and had to wait 2 long days to see if it worked.

10859404_710830409665_1530005081_n.jpg

zroid

Banned
2. No one online was crazy enough to test this or possibly had the means to. I told him that hey, the game isn't on the NA eshop anymore unless you already downloaded it. The code might not work.

Dang I coulda told you it would work. I know people who have downloaded it recently via the Skylanders bundle.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Art of Balance Demo
99 Moves €2.49 / £2.29 €1.49 / £1.37 / CHF2.10 for owners of 99 Seconds, Abyss, Darts Up, Rock Zombie or Unepic on the same Wii U.
TRANSFORMERS PRIME™ €49.99 / £39.99
Angry Birds™ Trilogy €39.99 / £29.99

Wii U Virtual Console
Mighty Final Fight™ €4.99 / £3.49 - US Version
Street Fighter™ 2010: The Final Fight €4.99 / £3.49 - US Version

3DS
TRANSFORMERS PRIME™ €39.99 / £29.99
Angry Birds™ Trilogy €39.99 / £29.99
TOYS VS MONSTERS €3.99 / £3.99 (€1.99 / £1.99 / CHF2.45 introductory price until 31.12.2014 23:59 UTC.)
Moshi Monsters™ Moshlings™ Theme Park €29.99 / £19.99
Sumico €2.99 / £2.69
Castle Conqueror Defender €4.99 / £3.99
Glory Of Generals Demo

3DS Add-On Content
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Navigation: Marie €2.99 / £2.69
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Navigation: Nanako €2.99 / £2.69

3DS Themes
Mario's Mighty Moustache €1.99 / £1.79
Luigi's Mighty Moustache €1.99 / £1.79
Tomodachi Life - Speech Bubble €1.99 / £1.79
Stripes (Blue & White Horizontal) €0.99 / £0.89
Stripes (Red & White Horizontal) €0.99 / £0.89
Sonic Boom™ Theme Bundle €5.99 / £5.39 - (Bundle of the themes Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, Amy Rose Theme, Chao Theme, available separately for €1.99 / £1.79 each.)
METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D €1.49 / £1.39

DSiWare
My Aquarium: Seven Oceans €4.99 / £4.49 / 500 Points

==========
Price Reductions

3DS
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) €5.20 / £4.70 / CHF7.35 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Code of Princess (AGATSUMA) €20.50 / £17.25 / CHF27.20 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF1.40 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Demon King Box (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99 / £2.19 / CHF3.60 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
European Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) €1.99 / £1.49 / CHF2.40 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) €1.99 / £1.56 / CHF2.40 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Football Up Online €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios) €2.49 / £1.99 / CHF3.39 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) €2.20 / £1.85 / CHF2.60 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) €6.99 / £5.59 / CHF8.00 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai €6.70 / £5.70 / CHF8.29 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
KORG DSN-12 (DETUNE) €14.99 / £12.49 / CHF19.45 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
KORG M01D (DETUNE) €12.49 / £9.99 / CHF15.95 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) €7.49 / £6.35 / CHF9.30 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Sayonara UmiharaKawase (AGATSUMA) €12.40 / £9.80 / CHF15.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Steam World Dig (Image & Form) €4.49 / £3.99 / CHF5.39 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games) €1.99 / £1.65 / CHF2.80 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) €0.99 / £0.99 / CHF1.20 until 31.12.2014, 23:59 UTC
Winter Sports 2012 - Feel the Spirit €5.99 / £5.39 / CHF8.40 until 08.01.2014, 23:59 UTC

Wii U
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Armillo €3.00 / £2.75 / CHF4.25 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia) €6.70 / £5.35 / CHF8.20 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) €1.49 / £1.34 / CHF2.10 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive) €1.99 / £1.99 / CHF2.80 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF6.99 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) €4.79 / £3.99 / CHF6.70 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Nano Assault Neo €7.49 / £6.70 / CHF10.50 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) €4.49 / £3.49 / CHF5.39 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games) €1.99 / £1.65 / CHF2.80 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

L~A

Amusing how the Sonic Boom theme uses Sonic Adventure series artwork.

It's for those who find bandages too egdy for them.

Anyway, really meh week for me.... then again, I'm already set for the next 4 months on 3DS, not complaining! :p

DSiWare
My Aquarium: Seven Oceans €4.99 / £4.49 / 500 Points

Wait, what? There was a game on WiiWare called My Aquarium by Hudson Soft. I'm guessing this has absolutely nothing to do with them?

Fake edit: Okay, just saw the page for it. It's by some developer called Collavier Corporation.

GRW810

If you haven't already bought Fractured Soul and you don't get it now for the insanely cheap price of £1.99 you should probably give away your 3DS. Brilliant game, will take quite a few hours to complete and plenty of replayability (is that a real word?) if you wish to perfect your results for each level.

You know it weird looking through the eShop and seeing sequels to DSiWare games where the DSiWare prequels were significantly cheaper:
e.g. Rabi Lady 3 €5 (Rabi Lady 1 and 2 are €2 each) and PicDun 2 €5 (PicDun 1 is €2)

30 quid for Angry Birds? Well I guess Rovio do need the money now, but still.
Activsion published the retail version...I was just on the eShop and totally forgot to check if the same was true for this version.

Top Bottom