• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

TheMoon

KORG DSN-12 (DETUNE) €14.99 / £12.49 / CHF19.45 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
KORG M01D (DETUNE) €12.49 / £9.99 / CHF15.95 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Been waiting for this! Amazing!

edit: though this doesn't go well with my plan to squeeze out one more €5 code from the premium promotion on Wii U with my limited budget. lol

daydream

Banned
I've been complaining in all my VC Club Nintendo feedback surveys. I doubt it helps, but...

At least our wallets are happy.

(But seriously, I wouldn't mind if my big wishlist got bigger again since I want them to release as many VC games as possible in the interest of game preservation. Wouldn't even be mad if they focused solely on GBA for a while.)

Edit: Oh yeah, also when is Nintendo going to stop ignoring their Satellaview titles?

Experien

I am SO jealous of the guy who can DL NintendoLand to his system. Granted I have like no extra space but...I so wish that game was on my Wii U.

SerTapTap

I am SO jealous of the guy who can DL NintendoLand to his system. Granted I have like no extra space but...I so wish that game was on my Wii U.

The game comes as a DL voucher in a lot of Wii U units, there's probably still people selling those online if you look. The download codes should still work, it's on the store just delisted.

Experien

The game comes as a DL voucher in a lot of Wii U units, there's probably still people selling those online if you look. The download codes should still work, it's on the store just delisted.

yeah but then I'd have to buy ANOTHER Wii U which I can't possibly think of why. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How is MegaMan Zero and MM 7 on the VC store?

I want to grab after I finish X2 and X3.
Zero isn't on the store, but considering the mistake listing last week, it could be coming this week. Bare in mind it's more focused on the character Zero, who usually uses a sword. & it's MUCH harder in comparison.

7 isn't....bad, per se, but kind of average. I think part of the problem is it feels rather zoomed in when compared to the other games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hangout buddy who's also a GAFer just gave me a $10 eshop card so I have $15 in my account.

Will probably end up buying Fire Emblem and saving the other $7.

SerTapTap

MMZ's primary difficulty compared to earlier Mega Man games isn't the sword (there's a buster too) but that bosses no longer have a hilariously excessive weakness. There's rock-paper-scissors elements, but also non-elemental bosses, and elemental weaknesses are not remotely as pronounced as in Mega Man/X. There's generally no stun-locking even with the right weapon and weaknesses only deal like 1.5x as much damage I think..

Also, in the first game you have to grind hits to reach the full potential of your weapons, which is really annoying. You can do this immediately after the first mission, and while not necessary and highly annoying, it makes the rest of the game both easier and more fun to at least unlock the 3 combo slash and full charge attack for the buster and sword.

Still though, the Zero series is one of my favorites, and one of the more consistently good series of Mega Man(even if MMZ1 itself is a bit awkward). Wasn't a big fan of 7, 8 and the NES games do a better job IMO.

Robin64

There's a free Cat Mario Show theme for 3DS up now in Europe. It's pretty cute, 8-bit Luigi is hiding in a cloud, and the music is a fun little rendition of the Super Mario 3D World theme.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's a free Cat Mario Show theme for 3DS up now in Europe. It's pretty cute, 8-bit Luigi is hiding in a cloud, and the music is a fun little rendition of the Super Mario 3D World theme.
Hoping this comes to the US. Sounds rather nice.

tolkir

Cool. Downloading.

This will be my first theme. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

JCho133

Here's the Club Nintendo downloads for the month, available until Jan. 19th:

Wii U:
- Metroid (200 coins)
- Kirby's Dream Land 3 (200 coins)

Wii:
- Super Mario Kart (250 coins)
- 1080° Snowboarding (250 coins)

3DS:
- A Kappa's Trial (200 coins)
- Radar Mission (150 coins)
- Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters (150 coins)
- Birds & Beans (150 coins)

They're not technically up on the reward page yet, but users found them via checking the URLs and finding the dates.

Sweet, thanks.

Looks like I'll pass this time, might get Bird & Beans though

Here's the Club Nintendo downloads for the month, available until Jan. 19th:

Wii U:
- Metroid (200 coins)
- Kirby's Dream Land 3 (200 coins)

Wii:
- Super Mario Kart (250 coins)
- 1080° Snowboarding (250 coins)

3DS:
- A Kappa's Trial (200 coins)
- Radar Mission (150 coins)
- Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters (150 coins)
- Birds & Beans (150 coins)

They're not technically up on the reward page yet, but users found them via checking the URLs and finding the dates.

Guess I'm getting Metroid this month.

Looks like Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D is finally coming to the eShop this Thursday for $19.99. Saw it when I bought Woah Dave! earlier

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
anyone else with trouble on the PAL eshop?
tried to download pikmin shorts, price deducted, shorts checked as downloaded, but error message

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm certainly glad I only paid $0.99 for Woah Dave, actually I paid $1.04 :(

Happy to give money to Gaijin Game... I mean Choice Provisions either way, but the game is very shallow. Feels like something that would be on iOS or Android.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
New batch of Club Nintendo downloads...

Thinking of Metroid and 1080. I'm not the biggest fan of SNES Mario Kart, and I just bought Kirby Superstar (aka best Kirby).

JCho133

Well I'm certainly glad I only paid $0.99 for Woah Dave, actually I paid $1.04 :(

Happy to give money to Gaijin Game... I mean Choice Provisions either way, but the game is very shallow. Feels like something that would be on iOS or Android.

Haha, it actually released there at the same time.

But I don't think we should play down iOS

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I miss the fact they haven't really brought the animal friends back. It was a cool mechanic, similar to mixing abilities in 64. My dream (land) Kirby game would be combining both the animal friends & the copy mixing for so many different combinations.

SerTapTap

Wait they changed their name to Choice Provisions? Are they a top level food product brand now?

I miss the fact they haven't really brought the animal friends back. It was a cool mechanic, similar to mixing abilities in 64. My dream (land) Kirby game would be combining both the animal friends & the copy mixing for so many different combinations.

I loved ability mixing, but I love multiple attacks per ability more, and it seems it's probably too much work to do both.

maxcriden

I couldn't agree more! Reminds me of this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922243

(*puts jholmes on ignore FOREVER*)

I don't use the ignore function

maxcriden

I've actually never played DL3, but I know Superstar was my JAM back when it first came out.

DL3 is a good game, one of my favorite final bosses in the Kirby series, fantastic art style, but the combat feels quite slow after KSS.

DL3 is slow for sure. For me as someone who never played either game until earlier this year, I really like the DL3 style of Kirby more as it has more of the unusual or offbeat elements of the series you find in Kirby spin-offs like Epic Yarn, whereas Superstar for me felt like very standard Kirby just broken down into composite parts. I dunno, I was really surprised how disappointed I was with it. I love pretty much every other Kirby game since, too. Crystal Shards I liked a lot more than SSU.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Happy Birthday to Me!

Grabbed all 3!

download_20141215_216cr42.jpeg

Top Bottom