• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

daydream

Banned
So weird, no Genesis/MD on the Wii U VC, yet this. . .

Well, it's for 3DS which got the excellent Genesis (and Arcade) ports by M2, so not really weird in this context.

Speaking of which, the Western release of the second batch will be a highlight of early 2015, nay, 2015 period.

maxcriden

It is. The graphics are a bit simplified so the screen is not as busy and it feels less zoomed in. In DKL you couldn't really see ahead so you had to slowly progress through the levels or risk slamming into an enemy of falling into a pit. DKL 2 and 3 are much better in that regard.

Correct, I have yet to play DKC2 because, as you probably already know, the EU VC version of DKC2 is the 50Hz version. I initially thought about buying it on my Wii (the game was optimized so playing it at 50Hz would be okay) but there's no way I'm doing that after playing DKC3. I really don't like the default scheme and you can't change it on the Wii. While I could get used to it, I know it would sour my experience just as it did with 3D Land. Yes, I'm one of those people that swear by B= run, A = jump.

That sucks. It's supposed to be such a great game. Is the only way for you to play it at 60Hz to import another Wii U? No other workaround?

P.S. I have childhood traumatic memories of 2-1 in DKL, haha. You could see shit and there was a flying pig in the snow or something ready to stop you from making a seemingly impossible jump at any moment ;___; (might be conflating memories of levels there)

Oh man, look at the theme Japan got today (from the Sega 3D Classic retail thread).

From what I've heard, it also plays the Sega jingle when you select a game.

Wow, that is so rad.

daydream

Banned
Correct, I have yet to play DKC2 because, as you probably already know, the EU VC version of DKC2 is the 50Hz version. I initially thought about buying it on my Wii (the game was optimized so playing it at 50Hz would be okay) but there's no way I'm doing that after playing DKC3. I really don't like the default scheme and you can't change it on the Wii. While I could get used to it, I know it would sour my experience just as it did with 3D Land. Yes, I'm one of those people that swear by B= run, A = jump.

The Wii versions have been delisted, pretty sure. So that option is out of the window.

But yeah, I've also bought 1 and 3 but held off on 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, just discovered the music for that Mega Drive theme is the Mega CD BIOS music.

There's also suppose to be a '80s game center theme, but I can't find much info about that. I think Nintendo will upload videos of them soon i.e. tomorrow so we can get a better look.

& from what I'm hearing, there might be themes based on some of the different Sega 3D Classics games.

Kind of hope Sega does a sale on the previous 3D Classics games to hype up the release of the new set.

Collectible Badge Center is a new app for the 3DS released today in Japan. Seems to decorate your home menu with various sprites and you can replace icons with different styled ones. Only issue is that getting them seems to be using a claw machine

As for next week's releases
Wii U
Dec 24
Puddle(Cosen Co.)- 900 yen
Duck Hunt (Famicom) -514 yen
3DS
Dec 24
Perfect December (Fly High Works) - 200 yen
Picross e6 (Jupiter) -500 yen
Toy Stunt Bike (Cosen Co.)- 500 yen
Zomgeri Panic Nightmare (G-Style) - 1000 yen
Dec 25
Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero 3D Narita ALL STARS (Sonic Powered) - 6480 yen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There are pictures of the themes in the article I posted in the thread (or all over Twitter).
OH! I didn't notice the newest interview you posted had multiple pages. That's why I didn't see the arcade theme. Thank you for informing me.

38.jpg

40.jpg

GulAtiCa

My game's new patch won't be out till late January, but I figured I give people an update on what I'm up to, game-wise.

ZaciSa's Last Stand's new maps: BLOK DROP U, PING 1.5+, GAF. BDU is actually playable and GAF has GAF Gold which can be activated. lol. Game will become 60 FPS once patch is released too!

I'm currently working on a sequel to the game set underwater with an ocean setting. Will have new art style, pixel art most likely. Prob April release. Will attempt North America/Europe launch release. No idea the name yet.

ZaciSa 1 will be seeing a Europe (including USK) release in early 2015. Prob Feb if I'm lucky. Not sure on price yet, but will attempt a week 1 sale to make up for being so late. Because of this, also working on redoing the eShop graphics used (such as the eShop icon for the game), as it sucks.. lol

Also working on new game, a physic-based puzzle game, I plan to call it "Drop It!" At least that is the current idea. I'll get input on names/etc later on. But current thought process is to have it released in Feb/March. Main core of the game is actually kinda done, Using the ZaciSa 1 core and more importantly the code built in the BDU map as a base helps a lot. More on this later, but have some neat ideas, including a possible co-op type mode of levels.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Man, December's sale for EU are utter crap compared to NA.
Of course, Resi Mercenaries for €4 is a fuckin' steal but I own it already.

GulAtiCa

Don't think it's been posted, but Hollow Knight (made by a fellow GAFFER) is getting close to it's Wii U stretch goal! Little over $6k left!

Morts

I'm unreasonably excited for Wii U Duck Hunt to come to NA. I'll probably play it for 15 minutes, but it's such a great idea.

RiggyRob

Has anyone been getting an error code 103-1604 on their Wii Us? I haven't been able to connect to the wifi even though the signal strength is two bars and there's nothing blocking the router.

It started happening around the same time the updated Nintendo Network agreement popped up so I don't think it's a coincidence.

SerTapTap

I can't say this enough: THE SWAPPER IS FREAKING GOOD, no I mean: really.

I played The Swapper late (on PC) but absolutely fantastic game. Does the horror atmosphere better than most horror games, some great existentialist stuff, love the stop motion/claymation look. Good puzzles too, a couple of the last ones really had me stumped. My only complaint was there's 2 endings, the game immediately restarts if you pick one, and there's no particular reason to replay just to see the other. Both are worth watching, but you should just watch the other on Youtube unfortunately.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX rated by the Australian Classification Board.

I don't even remember Contra 3 being ported to the GBA. How different is it compared to the original?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So not only is Mega Man Zero hitting eShop tomorrow, but it seems there'll be a sale on Mega Man games as well.

Think Nintendo posted the tweet a day early since the eShop would've been updated by this time tomorrow.

Oh wait, seems to be today, according to their Facebook: "The Nintendo eShop wanted to get you something, so we're offering up to 50% off on select Mega Man titles from 12/17 at 9 a.m. PT to 12/22 at 8:59 a.m. PT."

Edit: Yup, it's up today. Basically, Mega Man II, III, & IV on 3DS & then 5, 6, & 7 on Wii U are all 50% off.

also

Banned
That sucks. It's supposed to be such a great game. Is the only way for you to play it at 60Hz to import another Wii U? No other workaround?

P.S. I have childhood traumatic memories of 2-1 in DKL, haha. You could see shit and there was a flying pig in the snow or something ready to stop you from making a seemingly impossible jump at any moment ;___; (might be conflating memories of levels there)
Everything would be solved if Nintendo just updated the Wii U to output at 50Hz but that's highly unlikely :/ My Wii has the homebrew channel so I could probably use some unofficial means to remap the buttons but that sounds kind of a pain to set up. I'll probably just grab a GBA cartridge somewhere down the line, unless Nintendo decides to be nice and also upload the portable versions. If they did, I'd also double dip on DKC3 as they added a world to the GBA version.

Ha ha. I went back and checked; there's only 2 snow levels and both are in the 1st world. You're probably thinking of 1-2 (1st world, 2nd level) and yeah, that level is hard. Rare was cruel to place that level so early in the game.

donny2112

I don't even remember Contra 3 being ported to the GBA. How different is it compared to the original?

It's missing the overhead levels and replaces them with something else. Think people at the time said it was more like the Genesis version or something. Since it's on Wii U, anyways, just buy Contra III SNES to get the real deal. :p

Does nintendo have christmas sales?

Sometimes, yes.

Edit: Yup, it's up today. Basically, Mega Man II, III, & IV on 3DS & then 5, 6, & 7 on Wii U are all 50% off.

MM 2, 3, and 4 GB, not NES. Important distinction. Have 1-4 on 3DS and would've liked to get 5 and 6 NES there, as well. :/

TheMoon

no Mode7 stages, can now switch back to previous weapon after picking a new one, dual wielding is gone

narton

So I'm a little confused about the eshop and Club Nintendo. Is the 10 point bonus for Fire Emblem gone? I thought it was 4 weeks like retail games. I notice Captain Toad digital still has the bonus.

My game's new patch won't be out till late January, but I figured I give people an update on what I'm up to, game-wise.

ZaciSa's Last Stand's new maps: BLOK DROP U, PING 1.5+, GAF. BDU is actually playable and GAF has GAF Gold which can be activated. lol. Game will become 60 FPS once patch is released too!

I'm currently working on a sequel to the game set underwater with an ocean setting. Will have new art style, pixel art most likely. Prob April release. Will attempt North America/Europe launch release. No idea the name yet.

ZaciSa 1 will be seeing a Europe (including USK) release in early 2015. Prob Feb if I'm lucky. Not sure on price yet, but will attempt a week 1 sale to make up for being so late. Because of this, also working on redoing the eShop graphics used (such as the eShop icon for the game), as it sucks.. lol

Also working on new game, a physic-based puzzle game, I plan to call it "Drop It!" At least that is the current idea. I'll get input on names/etc later on. But current thought process is to have it released in Feb/March. Main core of the game is actually kinda done, Using the ZaciSa 1 core and more importantly the code built in the BDU map as a base helps a lot. More on this later, but have some neat ideas, including a possible co-op type mode of levels.

A GAF level. I now feel a moral obligation to purchase your game.

Camjo-Z

I am so there girlfrie- I mean, sounds awesome!

I'm currently working on a sequel to the game set underwater with an ocean setting... No idea the name yet.

I'm gonna go with "ZaciSa's Last-er Stand"... or maybe "ZaciSa's Last Stand 2: Stand Harder".

@MUWANdo

Banned

It's a mess. It sounds like shit, they removed the two-weapon carry limit and the bomb, they replaced the overhead stages with stages randomly pulled from Contra Hard Corps, etc. I wish they'd just made an original game for GBA instead of butchering two classics, but what's done is done.

daydream

Banned
It's a mess. It sounds like shit, they removed the two-weapon carry limit and the bomb, they replaced the overhead stages with stages randomly pulled from Contra Hard Corps, etc. I wish they'd just made an original game for GBA instead of butchering two classics, but what's done is done.

I'm probably still gonna try it out of curiosity. Contra III is one of the best run & gun games of all-time.

Gunman Clive 2 has been classified by the australian board. Instant purchase for me, after the excellent first game.

Yup, day 1.

Top Bottom