• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

@MUWANdo

Banned
What's even more disappointing about Contra EX is that it's probably the closest we'll ever get to seeing Hard Corps on the VC, a fantastic game that has never been re-released and deserves to be remembered as more than just filler content for a bad handheld port.

I also wish Konami would go back and release Operation C on the 3DS VC, but a lot of publishers gave up on releasing their old GB/C games the moment NES games became an option.

maxcriden

DKC2-Dixie_Sad.gif

maxcriden

^ That's my expression when people are excited for Donkey Kong Country (or any Rare game after the NES, actually).

Ha. Well, for me they started to lose their magic around the time of DK 64 and SFA. I have a lot of childhood nostalgia for games like Banjo, though.

Ha. Well, for me they started to lose their magic around the time of DK 64 and SFA. I have a lot of childhood nostalgia for games like Banjo, though.
Ugh, yeah those are low points, even on their scale.

I will actually give credit to them for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I never got to play them, but I fully acknowledge what they did to bring FPS to home consoles.

Kameo wasn't too bad, it just felt half-baked and they never got to make the sequel, which sucks.

maxcriden

Ugh, yeah those are low points, even on their scale.

I will actually give credit to them for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I never got to play them, but I fully acknowledge what they did to bring FPS to home consoles.

Kameo wasn't too bad, it just felt half-baked and they never got to make the sequel, which sucks.

Kameo I don't think I ever played. It's interesting that when games went 3D their biggest design philosophies were not able to shift well into the 3D space, and IMO instead of adapting their game design for 3D, for games like BT and DK 64, they went bigger and bigger with collectathons which had the unfortunate result of making the structure of the game really show through and...it just wasn't that fun to me to backtrack, collect, rinse and repeat. I thought what they tried with SFA was interesting but ultimately it became a bad Zelda game for me.

Guys, how is Fractured Soul? It's cheap as fudge

I haven't played it, but I usually trust Nintendo Life reviews; they gave it an 8/10:

Fractured Soul might have taken a while to see a release, but it lives up to the hype by taking a smooth platforming experience and weaving a dual screen play mechanic into the mix that greatly increases the playability and charm of the game. The price is a bit high by eShop standards, but for a gaming experience as rich and polished as this, it's not the deal breaker you might imagine. Those who aren't sold on the genre may wish to look elsewhere, but fans of intelligent action platformers will consider this money well spent.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/fractured_soul

VLiberty

Their only complain is basically the price, but now it's 2.49€.

Ffs Nintendo. I was happy about PSN sales being shit so I didn't have to spend money, but now I want to get both this and AOB.

L~A

Duck Hunt also coming to NA next week. Guess Europe will get it on the same day, too.

NA

Virtual Console on Wii U

Natsume Championship Wrestling – Choose between 12 wrestlers, each equipped with dynamic moves, and jump into the ring for some fierce competition. Play solo, or compete with up to four players in exhibition, tag-team or round-robin matches.
Mega Man Zero – In this Game Boy Advance classic, after waking from a deep slumber, play as Zero in a fight for survival. Jump, climb and dash through an unstable world that struggles to keep peace between humans and Reploids. Upgrade weapons and collect helpful Cyber-Elves to conquer the destructive forces headed your way.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Celebrate a Mega Anniversary with a Big Sale! – The Nintendo eShop is celebrating Mega Man’s anniversary by offering up to 50 percent off select Mega Man games until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 22. Let the Mega Manniversary Sale begin!
Art of Balance, Nano Assault Neo and many more games from Shin’en on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
SteamWorld Dig is 50 percent off on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Little Inferno is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
1001 Spikes, VVVVVV and other fun games from Nicalis are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 5 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
More Nintendo eShop Discounts
Check Out Deals on Other Great Games! – Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under “Price Drops” to find out more about these great deals. Visit www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.

Coming soon:

Duck Hunt (Virtual Console on Wii U) – Grab your Wii Remote controller! It’s duck season and your trusty hunting dog is ready to scour the open fields. Test your sharp-shooting skills as your targets take flight in this legendary NES classic. Be quick to knock them out of the skies, or your canine companion won’t hesitate to make you the laughing stock of hunters. Need a change in scenery? Best your score against clay pigeon targets instead. Duck Hunt will be available on Dec. 25.

Also new this week:

99Moves (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Art of Balance – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Meme Run (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Plenty of Fishies (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
TOSS N GO (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Asterix The Mansions of the Gods (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Cube Creator 3D – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Fairune (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I Love My Horse (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
League of Heroes (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Mes Comptines (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
TOYS VS MONSTERS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
URBAN TRIAL FREESTYLE – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
)

Robin64

Wonder if NA will get any themes this week. Poor guys still don't have the Christmas ones and soon it'll be too late!

maxcriden

I'll pick up Art of Balance on sale. Another World, too, but not sure if I should go for Wii U or 3DS.

I'm hoping Duck Hunt next week doesn't mean no DKC....

BTW, I highly recommend Armillo at that sale price. I'm not too far into the game but it's super fun and really brings me back to N64-era 3D platformers.

@MUWANdo

Banned
NA's eShop "offers" page actually has a detailed list of everything that's on sale, including all the crap they don't mention in their press releases.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I played The Swapper late (on PC) but absolutely fantastic game. Does the horror atmosphere better than most horror games, some great existentialist stuff, love the stop motion/claymation look. Good puzzles too, a couple of the last ones really had me stumped. My only complaint was there's 2 endings, the game immediately restarts if you pick one, and there's no particular reason to replay just to see the other. Both are worth watching, but you should just watch the other on Youtube unfortunately.

Great, I'm gonna finish the game this week, and than I'll take a look at YT second ending!

Tizoc

Don't think it's been posted, but Hollow Knight (made by a fellow GAFFER) is getting close to it's Wii U stretch goal! Little over $6k left!

Pledged for a PC copy. Shame it won't reach its Vita goal, but Sony has been very open with indies so hope it makes it after its initial release =)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well least Duck Hunt's out next week. & great to see Nintendo FINALLY have every eShop sale on the eShop offers page.

GulAtiCa

So we have a price for Meme Run. 5 dollars. And here's a list of games you can do better for than $5.

http://emilyrogersblog.tumblr.com/post/105513556650/meme-run-is-releasing-today-for-5-here-is-a-list

I really recommend for everyone that doesn't want Meme Run to instead spend that $5 on other great indie games on the Wii U eShop. Show what kind of games you really want. Something like that can send a much better message then just complaining and can encourage better indie support overall and show that stunts like this are not welcomed.

For example: For $5, you can get PING 1.5+ ($1.99 on sale!) and Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion and still have change.

GulAtiCa

People are actually seriously considering purchasing a game called "Meme Run?"
Really?

For $5, I really hope not. At $5, it can't even be a "so bad it's good" like The Letter. Most people buy the Letter since it's $0.49 often. I've heard nothing but bad things for Meme Run from reviewers so far. Even in the "it will make you laugh" department doesn't last long with headaches and such.

terrisus

For $5, I really hope not. At $5, it can't even be a "so bad it's good" like The Letter. Most people buy the Letter since it's $0.49 often. I've heard nothing but bad things for Meme Run from reviewers so far. Even in the "it will make you laugh" department doesn't last long with headaches and such.

Reading the press release, I just rolled my eyes at the name and moved over it without giving it even a second thought.
It wasn't until reading further in this thread, seeing "Here's all the other stuff you could do with that $5" that it even was brought back to my attention.

Do people just see "Meme" and immediately think "lol memes. i liek memes. im going to buy this so i can laff at memes" or something?

Experien

Natsume Championship Wrestling on Wii U has 4 players...that is crazy tempting. If only it was Saturday Night Slammasters!!!

Feels like most of the good sales was for 3DS and not Wii U. I went to earn some more DDP!!!

SerTapTap

There are already plenty of meme-run esque games on Newgrounds anyway, want to see meme faces in a simple platformer, here you go, free of charge.

SerTapTap

There are already plenty of bad (and good) games on PS Mobile for Vita, they just get ignored (like meme run should be)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, just realized.

Duck Hunt = $5 = 49 DDP points
Mega Man 7 (have Anniversary Collection but meh) = $4 = 39 points

I'd need 58 points or a $5.99 game to get one more $5 code from the DDP before it expires, or if I were to skip MM7, a $9.99 game.

I'll have to see if there's anything that would fit the requirements. Would be amazing if we got another nice sale next week.

Top Bottom