• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

€2.49

We've waited so long that an early promotional launch price of €1.99 would be fair tho ;)
I'm supporting it regardless even if it were priced €5, tho looking at screens it's not my thing and I'm not sure when I'd play it, so feel free to gouge us lol

I mean...tower defense-type games aren't really my thing either. You buy it because it's Gaffer-made. We're a community and we support each other and all of that noise... Floating a few bucks for a game (even if you don't care for the genre) is no big deal if it means supporting a fellow member of a community you're a part of, imo.

daydream

Banned
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX has the best pop-out 3D I've seen on the console. Your character looks like he's standing about half an inch outside of the screen shooting in to it.

Why aren't more people talking about this game? It's really good, makes good use of the 3DS hardware, it's goofy as shit (with sexy anime lady versions of story-book characters) and only $6.

I was waiting for some impressions, thanks! Getting this when I have some loose credit.

also

Banned
Wow, chill. People will often repost their impression requests in the Download threads all the time because there are multiple discussions always going on for many different games and it's much easier for a question to get lost compared to other threads.

Thanks, these impressions are very helpful. It sounds like a fun little distraction at least.

I wrote that in a joking manner, so no need to take it so seriously. I think you should, um, chill ;)

Yes, a fun little distraction is a great description.

Yeah, the combat sounds much more similar to Hydlide, another classic RPG series from the early 80s that's much less known, less good, and earlier than Ys. (Although the first versions of the first Ys games didn't have as much strategy to their "bumping" either).

Oh, I see.
I only played the PSP version of Ys I&II and didn't know they had updated the combat along the way.

tolkir

New America Sales

[3DS] 1001 Spikes - $7.99 thru 1/5 (was $15.00)
[3DS] Brilliant Hamsters! - $4.99 thru 1/2 (was $9.99)
[3DS] Comic Workshop - $5.99 thru 1/8 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Glory of Generals - $6.99 thru 1/8 (was $9.99)
[3DS] Grinsia - $4.99 thru 1/5 (was $10.00)
[3DS] Ikachan - $1.99 thru 1/5 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Jewel Match 3 - $5.99 thru 1/8 (was $6.99)
[3DS] NightSky - $2.99 thru 1/5 (was $9.99)
[3DS] Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D - $4.99 thru 1/8 (was $9.99)
[3DS] Travel Adventures with Hello Kitty - $9.99 thru 1/2 (was $19.99)
[3DS] VVVVV - $2.99 thru 1/5 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Wakedas - $1.99 thru 1/8 (was $2.99)
[Wii U] Hello Kitty Kruisers - $9.99 thru 1/2 (was $19.95)

Via

New EU dates.
B5OjOiQIIAI7eev.jpg

B5OjwHKIIAA5vLr.jpg

Via

No DDP for these games. I wanted Chariot this month. :(

GulAtiCa

Wasn't the Wii U Chameleon game suppose to come out?

They pushed it back a week do to how many games were releasing yesterday.

Edit: ----

For Europe, think I might try to rename the game too. I liked previous suggestions of "Doodle Defense", so might try something like "Doodle Defense: ZaciSa's Last Stand"
"ZaciSa's Doodle Defense" is a good one too

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I need to spend $3.50 to get another $5 I just can't decice what I want or if I want to wait it out for Xmas day.

Wish all of the MM games were on sale. Would make this easier.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I mean...tower defense-type games aren't really my thing either. You buy it because it's Gaffer-made. We're a community and we support each other and all of that noise... Floating a few bucks for a game (even if you don't care for the genre) is no big deal if it means supporting a fellow member of a community you're a part of, imo.

Ehmm, that's exactly what I said?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ikachan for $2 feels more fitting. It's still really short (like, an hour to beat) and doesn't really offer much replay value unless you wanna see how fast you can speed run it, but at the very least, it's an interesting game that feels like Cave Story's "prototype".

VVVVVV is totally worth it, though. I got it the last time it was on sale.

terrisus

For Europe, think I might try to rename the game too. I liked previous suggestions of "Doodle Defense", so might try something like "Doodle Defense: ZaciSa's Last Stand"

I would advise against going with anything with "Doodle"/"Doodle Defense" in Europe (especially the UK), due to the association with "Yankee Doodle"/especially in combination with "Defense" further evoking battles and such.

That may just be me though.

Ikachan for $2 feels more fitting. It's still really short (like, an hour to beat) and doesn't really offer much replay value unless you wanna see how fast you can speed run it, but at the very least, it's an interesting game that feels like Cave Story's "prototype".

VVVVVV is totally worth it, though. I got it the last time it was on sale.

It's finally time.

I'll bite on Grinsia...and Ninja Battle Heroes.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Level-5's eShop games will be going on sale from December 25-January 4:

Inazuma Eleven - $9.99/€8.99
Aero Porter - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Liberation Maiden - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Attack of the Friday Monsters! - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Starship Damrey - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Bugs vs. Tanks! - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Weapon Shop de Omasse - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99

Oh wow, you liked my suggestion? Cool! I was just thinking aloud, I didn't realise anyone was paying attention.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Crimson Shroud is still one of my favorite eShop titles. Loved Attack of the Friday Monsters! as well.

How is Weapon Shop de Omasse?

tebunker

Banned
Nintendgaf, I need your opinion!

12.28$ US to spend, was thinking,

Master Reboot
Megman 6
Another World

Trying to stick with the sale stuffs. Anyone have any other suggestions? I have most if not all of the bigger indie games, but wondering if I should go a different route and get like Nano Assault Neo...

Mind you, I am willing to try anything game wise.

maxcriden

Master Reboot
Megman 6
Another World

Trying to stick with the sale stuffs. Anyone have any other suggestions? I have most if not all of the bigger indie games, but wondering if I should go a different route and get like Nano Assault Neo...

Alien on the Run is supposed to be legit.

terrisus

Master Reboot
Megman 6
Another World

If you don't have Earthbound, get Earthbound.

In addition to the two games I was going to pick up, I also bought Alien on the Run for $3.

I think G-Style is my favorite eShop publisher. Seriously, I can't think of a single game of their's that I would consider bad. Their output reminds me of goofy, late-Dreamcast Japanese B-tier games. They're all great.

Stop complaining about poor VC output, buy one of their games and feel good about yourself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably will get Weapon Shop de Omasse. I feel like I should FINALLY get Crimson Shroud, but I don't know if I'd get around to playing it, considering Persona Q is my main RPG at the moment.

Javier

VVVVVV is totally worth full price. 3 bucks for that game is an amazing deal.

Also great stuff with the Level 5 sales. Glad I held on Inazuma Eleven and Weapon Shop de Omasse.

daydream

Banned
So, this probably goes without saying but since Fairune is another Circle Ent. joint, it is not available on the German eShop. I hope you can appreciate the restraint I am showing right now.

Oh, any Sumico impressions? Looks like an interesting puzzle game.

In addition to the two games I was going to pick up, I also bought Alien on the Run for $3.

I think G-Style is my favorite eShop publisher. Seriously, I can't think of a single game of their's that I would consider bad. Their output reminds me of goofy, late-Dreamcast Japanese B-tier games. They're all great.

Stop complaining about poor VC output, buy one of their games and feel good about yourself.

Seems neat, hope it comes to EU.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Oh, any thoughts on Art of Balance? Thinking about finally picking it up.

I can tell you that the Wii U version has all the same content as the 3DS version but with extra features like local and online multiplayer, so if you can only pick one version make it that one.

maxcriden

I can tell you that the Wii U version has all the same content as the 3DS version but with extra features like local and online multiplayer, so if you can only pick one version make it that one.

Oh, for DDP purposes that would be my pick regardless. Did you like the puzzles themselves? Thanks!

Oh, for DDP purposes that would be my pick regardless. Did you like the puzzles themselves? Thanks!
I think it's great, probably the best game Shinen's made. And yeah, the puzzles are great. It's very addictive, too. I've only played the WiiWare version and the 3DS demo, for what it's worth, but the Wii U version isn't significantly different (except it's very probably the best version, from what I hear).
If you're interested in it already, chances are you'll like it. Wasn't a demo of the Wii U version released recently or am I imagining things? The 3DS demo should still be up, in any case, so maybe check that out.

Glass Joe

Master Reboot
Megman 6
Another World

I haven't tried Master Reboot but I had a lot of fun with Another World and would recommend it at full price. You can even switch to old-school graphics on the fly (but the HD is done well). Just consider that the SNES VC version would have been the same regular price.

It's decently fun and rather pretty. It's by Shin'en so it's a good quality game. You'd have to like the concept though.

ohlawd

Chariot's boring if you're by yourself

and at those prices I should just buy all those Guild games. I only have Friday Monsters, Crimson Shroud and Sumia Uprising.

JoeM86

Japan is getting their first 3DS Virtual Console game in months on Wednesday.

Pokémon Card GB gets its release on Christmas Eve

Level-5's eShop games will be going on sale from December 25-January 4:

Inazuma Eleven - $9.99/€8.99
Aero Porter - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Liberation Maiden - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Attack of the Friday Monsters! - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Starship Damrey - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Bugs vs. Tanks! - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99
Weapon Shop de Omasse - $2.99/£2.69/€2.99

Wow, this is an awesome sale. I'm going to download a bunch of those.

flowsnake

I would advise against going with anything with "Doodle"/"Doodle Defense" in Europe (especially the UK), due to the association with "Yankee Doodle"/especially in combination with "Defense" further evoking battles and such.

That may just be me though.

If I understand what you mean (I had to look up the context of the song) then I don't think anyone in the UK will make that connection, and there's no reason they would care anyway.

Yuterald

Gotta echo what's in bold. Couldn't agree more. I recently bought all of the G-Style games (aside from Zombie Bowling) and they're all legit as fuck. Aline on the Run is definitely my favorite. Chain Blaster was surprisingly good too, for the little content it offers. I miss the days when we got weird, quirky Japanese games like this.

Anyway, I'm so excited to play Shantae on xmas morning! Been holding off on the 3DS version because I'd rather TV that shit. I'll also probably end up dropping close to $200 before the end of the year on the shop to take advantage of those digital codes lol! Time to buy like everything I was ever remotely interested in, haha!

Chopper

ZaciSa's Doodle Defense is better.

Doodle Defense as the prefix cheapens it a bit, in my opinion.

maxcriden

I think it's great, probably the best game Shinen's made. And yeah, the puzzles are great. It's very addictive, too. I've only played the WiiWare version and the 3DS demo, for what it's worth, but the Wii U version isn't significantly different (except it's very probably the best version, from what I hear).
If you're interested in it already, chances are you'll like it. Wasn't a demo of the Wii U version released recently or am I imagining things? The 3DS demo should still be up, in any case, so maybe check that out.

It's decently fun and rather pretty. It's by Shin'en so it's a good quality game. You'd have to like the concept though.

Thanks guys! For the DDP credit I think I'll go ahead and pick it up along with AW.

maxcriden

what's AW? hmm

is there anything good on 3DS eShop on sale now worth picking up?
which G-Style games should I consider?
how's Grinsia?
how's Fractured Soul?

AW = Another World*
G-Style: Alien on the Run**
Fractured Soul: good**

*based on knowledge
**based on what I've read

terrisus

If I understand what you mean (I had to look up the context of the song) then I don't think anyone in the UK will make that connection, and there's no reason they would care anyway.

Well, I mean, "Yank"/"Yankee" is still fairly well-used as a pejorative.

Although whether one would draw a connection from "Doodle"/"Doodle Defense" to "Yankee Doodle," I suppose it might not be something that would come to mind for most people.

Ah well.

I'm 53 pts away from getting another 5 dollars from the DDP promotion.

Anyone recommend a good purchase for the Wii U VC store or Wii VC store that would let me meet the $5.30?

terrisus

Anyone recommend a good purchase for the Wii U VC store or Wii VC store that would let me meet the $5.30?

I would recommend Earthbound, but I'm sure you bought that the first day it was available <3

Upcoming 3DS eShop games
12/25
Puzzlebox Setup (BPlus) -$2.99

1/8
Best of Solitare (cosmigo) -$3.99
Painting Workshop (Collavier) -$4.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon show not the movie)(Activision)- $29.99

maxcriden

Scram Kitty. It's time! (It's more than $5.30, though.) Alternately, you could go for Kung Fu Rabbit + Armillo on sale which is $9 total.

There's not a lot of greatness for over $5 and less than $6:

http://www.nintendolife.com/wiiu-eshop/games?region=usa&sort=price&order=ASC

I've got Klonoa GBA on cart and that's $7; I haven't played it yet but it should be rad.

TheMoon

Honestly, I still think "Doodle Defense" is a dumb name (no offense intended to whoever suggested it). Sounds like a throwaway thing to me.

Top Bottom