• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

All that work for nothing ;__;
Hours of my Saturday wasted
I see why they call you DoktorEvil

1409453963_1386547293_fyz12s_rb21klc.gif

Your list helped me come to that number. Thank you.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Honestly, I still think "Doodle Defense" is a dumb name (no offense intended to whoever suggested it). Sounds like a throwaway thing to me.

No offense taken, it's literally just something I came up with to demonstrate an example of alliteration. I had no idea it was gonna stick! The idea with the name was to a) give more context to the art style (ie "Doodle") and b) add a clear genre signifier (ie "Defense").

Whether or not people like that name, I really do think "ZaCisa's Last Stand" needs to be changed, but I don't mean to sound pushy, either.

TheMoon

No offense taken, it's literally just something I came up with to demonstrate an example of alliteration. I had no idea it was gonna stick! The idea with the name was to a) give more context to the art style (ie "Doodle") and b) add a clear genre signifier (ie "Defense").

Whether or not people like that name, I really do think "ZaCisa's Last Stand" needs to be changed, but I don't mean to sound pushy, either.

Yea, the "Defense" part is cool, my issue is strictly with the word "Doodle." I think the current name is extremely bad, too.^^

What do we learn from that? I hate everything! :p

tebunker

Banned
If you don't have Earthbound, get Earthbound.

You know I should have just posted what I do have instead of asking for advice :-D

I have over 50 digital pieces of software on the WiiU. It's kind of insane. Most of if not all of the big VC games and indies and a handful of big retail titles.

I feel better about Another World and Master Reboot, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a huge mistake by skipping Nano Assault (demo was meh, but I try not to hold demos against games) or World of Balance or something else on sale that may be a must have that I am glossing over.

zroid

Banned
I thought Doodle Defence was fine tbh

Or stick to ZaciSa's Last Stand... whatever (I agree that a name change might make it more appealing to potential buyers however)

Experien

470 points to next point card for DDP. Thinking about the following...

Redeemed CN coins for Metroid - 49
Spy Chameleon - 99
The Fall - 99

The following I am unsure...

Art of Touch - 67
Cubemen 2 - 79
Golden Sun - 79

Feel like I might be buying Golden Sun not to play it though.

gerudoman

I've been hoping for a Weapon Shop de Omasse sale since it was released, but after crafting a ton of weapons and tools in Fantasy Life I'm a bit burned out lol.

daydream

Banned
Yea, the "Defense" part is cool, my issue is strictly with the word "Doodle." I think the current name is extremely bad, too.^^

What do we learn from that? I hate everything! :p

Yeah, not a fan of "Doodle", either. I think I said this when this was first discussed but there was (I don't know if this has changed) a deluge of iOS games with 'doodle' in the title during the early years of the platform and they were mostly all terrible.

What about "ZaciSa's Tower Defense"?

It's unoriginal, but straight to the point.

What about 'ZaciSa's Crayon Defense'? Or something outlandish like 'ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension'?

GulAtiCa

Given how well it's selling, really doubt you will see it on sale anytime soon. Esp during Christmas period where sales will be much higher. Assuming eShop doesn't crash this time for 2+ days.........

"ZaciSa's Crayon Defense" is an interesting one. Kinda like "ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension" too haha.

TheMoon

Given how well it's selling, really doubt you will see it on sale anytime soon. Esp during Christmas period where sales will be much higher. Assuming eShop doesn't crash this time for 2+ days.........

There is no Pokémon Bank that launches at the same time, forcing all the kids to create NNIDs. eShop will be fine.

Damn at the sales. I actually will have money before the deadline for once.

Steamworld Dig
Starship Damrey
Attack of the Friday Monsters
1,001 Spikes
NightSky

In addition with what I've already own:
Escape Vektor
Kerploosh
Burger Time Deluxe
Mario Golf (VC)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (VC)
Ikachan
Bomb Monkey

I will have quite the 3DS Backlog for next year. Feels good. Plus I can start 1,001 Spikes as soon as I get it and it'll have its chance in my top 10 GOTY list. :O

Oregano

"ZaciSa's Crayon Defense" is an interesting one. Kinda like "ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension" too haha.

My lame name suggestion is "ZaciSa's Defense: Drawing the Battle Lines". Has ZaciSa, has defense, has an awesome pun. You are welcome.

GulAtiCa

Since were on the subject of it, also trying to think up of a better eShop icon. Currently, when you enter the eShop, you will see this icon next to the game.
kep0Vu.jpeg

As you see, it kinda is boring. And really tells you nothing. So I started to come up with something more simple, after all is suppose to be an icon. How does something simple like this look?
MTzX.jpeg
or
Fdf.jpeg

Maybe not exciting, but perhaps better then what is there now? What do you think? Honest opinions.

People who played the game, might like the original better, as they understand what those things are. But those that never really gave it a glimpse, would just find it confusing. So I think something more simple might be in order.

Phoenixus

So I'm building a watch list on the 3ds eshop for games and I'm aiming for titles that make best use of the 3D for the New 3DS's release next year. Fire some suggestions at me. :)

JoeM86

There is no Pokémon Bank that launches at the same time, forcing all the kids to create NNIDs. eShop will be fine.

Not just that, but there's no Pokémon Bank with ridiculous log in method that logs into the eShop twice and the Nintendo Network thrice before it lets you in

Oregano

So I'm building a watch list on the 3ds eshop for games and I'm aiming for titles that make best use of the 3D for the New 3DS's release next year. Fire some suggestions at me. :)

AiRace Spe3D and it's standalone expansion Xeno has a great 3D effect which enhances the gameplay. It's also awesome.

donny2112

Will be getting Weapson Shop de Omasse. Have TT:AofFM, and it's a great, simple game with a fun story if you like the old Godzilla Man-in-a-suit movies! :)

Chrom

Since were on the subject of it, also trying to think up of a better eShop icon. Currently, when you enter the eShop, you will see this icon next to the game.
kep0Vu.jpeg

As you see, it kinda is boring. And really tells you nothing. So I started to come up with something more simple, after all is suppose to be an icon. How does something simple like this look?
MTzX.jpeg
or
Fdf.jpeg

Maybe not exciting, but perhaps better then what is there now? What do you think? Honest opinions.

People who played the game, might like the original better, as they understand what those things are. But those that never really gave it a glimpse, would just find it confusing. So I think something more simple might be in order.

I think the newer ones are slightly better, but if I could make a suggestion: maybe use an image of the pawns instead? They're the most common enemy from the game with a simple design that could work well as an icon too.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's really irritating that the Wii U doesn't automatically switch to wifi when I disconnect the ethernet adapter that I use to Smash. I use both the back usbs for my hdd (y-cable) and I don't want that ugly grey thing sticking around in the front all the time. I tried with a powered usb-hub at the back for a while, but I don't like the hdd being turned on all the time either (probably not too healthy?)

Yup, first world problem post of the day, but should be easy to fix.

Ninja Battle Heroes, guys! Buy it!

I expected a simple little platformer without much depth to it. Instead, I got a Shinobi clone with cute animal characters and lots of customization to your attack load out. It's $3, buy it!

Camjo-Z

Here is my suggestion that I totally didn't spend 2 minutes drawing: an epic space battle featuring evil alien invaders attempting to blow the "Zuper Awesome & Cool International Space Asylum" (also known as - yep, you guessed it,
Zuper C
) to smithereens!

ni3CRQt.jpg

I may have taken some liberties with the source material.

GulAtiCa

Those are exactly what I had in mind! Personally I think they suit the game best.
Ironically, I had something like this originally for the icon before I decided to use what is there now before launch. haha. Which of the 4 do you like best?

Here is my suggestion that I totally didn't spend 2 minutes drawing: an epic space battle featuring evil alien invaders attempting to blow the "Zuper Awesome & Cool International Space Asylum" (also known as - yep, you guessed it,
Zuper C
) to smithereens!

ni3CRQt.jpg

Haha, I like that. I had that idea too, but not much of a graphic artist, so wasn't sure how to do this. If I liked this best, would it be ok if I used this? :)

Camjo-Z

Haha, I like that. I had that idea too, but not much of a graphic artist, so wasn't sure how to do this. If I liked this best, would it be ok if I used this? :)

It would not just be ok, it would be... zuper.

Also, of the 4 enemy icons, the red variant seems better since that's the first kind you fight. (EDIT: Or maybe it's not, I can't remember. I just like the color red TBH.) I also like the darker background since it provides more contrast.

Chrom

Also, of the 4 enemy icons, the red variant seems better since that's the first kind you fight. (EDIT: Or maybe it's not, I can't remember. I just like the color red TBH.) I also like the darker background since it provides more contrast.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I like the first of the four the most due to the better contrast and it always felt to me like the red one was more of a "first enemy" than the yellow one, although that may or may not be actually true.

me0wish

Zuper C
) to smithereens!

ni3CRQt.jpg

This is a much better icon than the current one.
I honestly don't see the problem with "doodle" in the name, it might not be the best, but it ain't bad.

maxcriden

Ninja Battle Heroes, guys! Buy it!

I expected a simple little platformer without much depth to it. Instead, I got a Shinobi clone with cute animal characters and lots of customization to your attack load out. It's $3, buy it!

This one escaped my notice somehow. Looks super cute! Thanks for the rec!

cacildo

110 points for next DDP

Should a get some games and score this next/last $5 code....

.... or should i just keep the $12 i have in the store right now?

which games should i get for $11?

Phoenixus

AiRace Spe3D and it's standalone expansion Xeno has a great 3D effect which enhances the gameplay. It's also awesome.

Thanks for the heads up, tried the demo, will definitely buy. :D

Some of the Sega 3D classics for sure, already have Sonic just waiting for a sale on Outrun and a few others.

Is there anything Zelda like on the eshop? I'm craving a Zelda like game, but don't want to replay an old one and I want to wait for the 3DS version of MM. So are there any well done knock offs / clones of Zelda? I know there's a ton of Metroidvaina on the eshop, but I never really hear anyone talking about Zelda like games.

zigg

Is there anything Zelda like on the eshop? I'm craving a Zelda like game, but don't want to replay an old one and I want to wait for the 3DS version of MM. So are there any well done knock offs / clones of Zelda? I know there's a ton of Metroidvaina on the eshop, but I never really hear anyone talking about Zelda like games.
Ittle Dew? I actually still want to play this sometime, though I'm curious if the bugs mentioned in the review got ironed out.

maxcriden

110 points for next DDP

Should a get some games and score this next/last $5 code....

.... or should i just keep the $12 i have in the store right now?

which games should i get for $11?

Broken record time: Scram Kitty, Shovel Knight, Armillo, Pushmo World. :)

P.S. none of these have old men talking about Zelda downgradetons though :(

Have you played the Neutopia games on TG-16? Wii shop, but still Zelda-likes from what I
understand. I just downloaded the first one yesterday but haven't played it yet. Nairume and KYB kindly recommended them to me the other day. :)

Neutopia:

medium.jpg

Neutopia II:

large.jpg

large.jpg

Top Bottom