• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

Thanks for the input guys, I'll take a closer look at these games. I will most likely buy one or both this coming week. I think Neutopia fills my want a little more, but I won't count out Ittle Dew.

JoeM86

The Hyrule Warriors pre-order costume packs (including Ganondorf) are now available to purchase on the European eShop. We knew they were coming to the Japanese one last week but this came out of nowhere

Wii U Add-on Content
Ocarina of Time Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Twilight Princess Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Skyward Sword Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Demon King Pack - €0.99 / £0.89

These are not included if you bought the 4 pack DLC bundle

zroid

Banned
Hmmm gotta spent about $40 for one last DDP. Going to finally buy the Hyrule Warriors DLC and Duck Hunt, so that's $25.

$15 left.

Waiting to see if we get any surprise sales for Wii U stuff or else I'll probably just stock up on VC games.

GulAtiCa

I need 99 pts, or $9.90, to get my next code. So Christmas Day new games will cover it.

Including the upcoming code, I would have gotten 29 codes! Basically $145 back. :)

maxcriden

I need 99 pts, or $9.90, to get my next code. So Christmas Day new games will cover it.

Including the upcoming code, I would have gotten 29 codes! Basically $145 back. :)

Wowza, that's a ton. That's awesome. I think I'm at...$50 total in codes. Still have to redeem 6 of those. Need to spend $41 or so for another code.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trying to decide if I should get MM7 for the DDP & the fact it's on sale, but I already have Anniversary Collection on PS2 and I kind of want to use the money on the 3DS sales happening on Xmas. Least I know if I get Duck Hunt, that'll leave $10 I need.

I really wish Nintendo would be all "Well, you got 400 points, so I guess we could give you a $4 code" or similar for those who didn't get their final $5 code.

tebunker

Banned

I will be $15.55 shy of a final code come christmas. I could technically try to use Club Nintendo codes to get close, but I will still be short with what's available. I honestly can't think of anything else to fill that void. Maybe if a retailer had a 20% off eshop promo or something similar I would pull the trigger on $20 card to max out the extra five, but I need to be honest with myself,

I will be at 10845 total points since I got my WiiU 4/2013. I'd say I had a good run. Gotta admit that all the promos they have run have really helped me get digital stuffs, from Club Nintendo to MK8 promo etc, it's been a good ride.

maxcriden

ESRB - Multiple Mario titles rated for Wii U/3DS VC

Wii U

- Mario Party Advance
- Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2

3DS

- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Via GoNintendo

Well, looks like no need for the Deluxe cart anymore if I want to do a You vs. Boo race. :)

maxcriden

Closer to SMB3 on the VC. I'm curious what if anything they will do with the e-reader support.

They won't do anything most likely with e-reader support since they don't typically do expanded features like that for VC releases. ;__; Your best bet is to hope to be able to recreate the levels or approximations of them in Mario Maker.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe has been available in EU for quite a while (though remind me, weren't some stuff cut or something, not including the GB Printer?), so it'll be great to revisit this.

TheMoon

FINALLY. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe has been available in EU for quite a while (though remind me, weren't some stuff cut or something, not including the GB Printer?), so it'll be great to revisit this.

It's been almost a year actually^^ (PAL and Japan got it as a freebie for those who created a created or linked a NNID on 3DS).

maxcriden

Curve continues Wii U support into 2015, has another unannounced indie title to reveal

Coming from Curve...

Next year we’re planning to release at least six more of those games, and we hope to bring as many of those as possible to the Wii U. Some of these will be ports, and others will be brand new releases launching on the Wii U at the same time as other consoles. We’ve already announced OlliOlli, Ultratron and Nova-111, but we’ve got at least one more brand new indie game to announce next year for the Wii U.

Via GoNintendo, Nintendo Life

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I wonder if I should just wait for Nintendo to put SMB Deluxe on Club Nintendo, seeing how many times stuff like Donkey Kong on GB, SMB The Lost Levels on Wii VC, & such have been a reward. Feels like it has a good chance of being one of the free games sometime next year after a few months after release.

terrisus

Wowza, that's a ton. That's awesome. I think I'm at...$50 total in codes. Still have to redeem 6 of those. Need to spend $41 or so for another code.

17 for me - although I'll get 1 more before things end.
So, $85 in free money for stuff I would've been getting anyway.

69wpm

Well, with the digital promotion coming to an end, I've accumulated 7002 points, so 70 Euro worth of cash-back. I still have a 5 Euro voucher which I'll probably use next year. Tomorrow I'll star my vacation, so if Nintendo decide to start a cool promotion, I'll be out of luck because I can't buy anything from the web (yet?) :( Happy Holidays to everyone.

maxcriden

Well, with the digital promotion coming to an end, I've accumulated 7002 points, so 70 Euro worth of cash-back. I still have a 5 Euro voucher which I'll probably use next year. Tomorrow I'll star my vacation, so if Nintendo decide to start a cool promotion, I'll be out of luck because I can't buy anything from the web (yet?) :( Happy Holidays to everyone.

Have a good holiday, amigo. If you're going to star your vacation, don't forget those hidden green stars as well!

200px-Green_Star_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yeah, not a fan of "Doodle", either. I think I said this when this was first discussed but there was (I don't know if this has changed) a deluge of iOS games with 'doodle' in the title during the early years of the platform and they were mostly all terrible.

What about 'ZaciSa's Crayon Defense'? Or something outlandish like 'ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension'?

By far the best one yet, Sketch Defense is also pretty cool.
'Doodle' always reminds of low-quality doodle-something games which have filled up the Apple Appstore and I don't think I'm the only one making that assonance.
Btw, does the early '00s lame irregular capitalization (why not Zacisa's?!) have to stay?

And if you really want to change the whole name I'd go with:

Crayons Master Defense or Sketchbook Wars: Last Defense

Hope noone will take offense, just sharing my opinion that's all

:'( At least DKL being rated gives me some hope....

Yeah I was excited to see that. I don't know why NOA throws a party for mega man but not donkey kong. Yanno the character that started it all for Nintendo here in America. Let's ignore that guy and concentrate on a character where the owner doesn't even care about him.

wilflare

we should try to compile a MUST-BUY (with DDP even though there's no sale) list
- I would really appreciate such a list
- so many Physical Retail games I would get on the eShop if they would just go on sale... like any sale (Pikmin 3, etc)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Nintendo have to get permission from square to release super Mario RPG? Seems weird since Nintendo is the publisher.
Pretty sure they do, considering S-E owns some of the stuff created for the game. For example, in Superstar Saga, it said that Geno, who makes a small cameo, is owned by Square Enix.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pretty sure they do, considering S-E owns some of the stuff created for the game. For example, in Superstar Saga, it said that Geno, who makes a small cameo, is owned by Square Enix.

Probably similar reasons why SM:RPG stuff doesnt pop up in smash. Geno seems like an obvious smash character. And with how many songs are in smash, there arent any from that game (which is a fucking shame).

Ah. That makes sense....sigh. Even if Square gave permission, let's be honest, it wouldn't be released anyways here. Nintendo can't even proplerly release their own games.

Sigh.

Ah. That makes sense....sigh. Even if Square gave permission, let's be honest, it wouldn't be released anyways here. Nintendo can't even proplerly release their own games.

Sigh.
Man, did you hit your toe in a corner as you were typing or something? I guess you have now complained about every single real problem and are moving into the hypotheticals. Come on, tis the season to be jolly!

jholmes

Speaking of the Ittle Dew patch, Nintendo Life reports the Giana Sisters patch is coming to North America, along with some of the new PC content! Why the hell this took so long remains unclear.

I recommend Ittle Dew very highly without the patch but the end-game credits stutter up pretty badly on me, which is embarrassing.

What about 'ZaciSa's Crayon Defense'? Or something outlandish like 'ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension'?

I like Doodle Defence but I also like anything involving the phrase Crayon Dimension.

Well, he does have to make up for lost time. :p

I was ready to come back and give NOA some slack, but they still haven't released the same games I complained about 6 months ago.

But I'm not alone. Past two months practically everyone here has been saying the same. Ironic :)

We haven't even gotten to their lack of sales.

terrisus

I was ready to come back and give NOA some slack, but they still haven't released the same games I complained about 6 months ago.

So, as you can see, all of your complaining had no effect at all.

But I'm not alone. Past two months practically everyone here has been saying the same. Ironic :)

The difference is that we can talk about it while also talking about and enjoying other stuff, and not being a broken record.

The difference is that we can talk about it while also talking about and enjoying other stuff, and not being a broken record.

We all do. There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't have a love hate relationship with Nintendo with regard to virtual console.

Anyways. Curious to see how they handle Duck Hunt. Won't the pointer be too slow compared to the original?

terrisus

We all do. There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't have a love hate relationship with Nintendo with regard to virtual console.

But there's only one person in these threads who has made word-for-word the same exact post multiple times through multiple threads.

In the harsh words of the wise Swearengen: "Does it occur to you, banging repeatedly on the fucking door, either I'm not in, which makes what you are doing stupid, or, being in, I don't wanna see you, which makes you a pain in my balls?" Clearly, NOA doesn't want to open the door for you. What's more funny is that you're even knocking on the wrong door, man, so give it a rest. Or, to be more precise, give us a rest.

We all do.
You have such a peculiar way of enjoying stuff.

Mine is jollier

Top Bottom