• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

I was ready to come back and give NOA some slack, but they still haven't released the same games I complained about 6 months ago.

But I'm not alone. Past two months practically everyone here has been saying the same. Ironic :)

We haven't even gotten to their lack of sales.

Yay, the Nintendo Downloads threads are about to get really shitty again.

In the harsh words of the wise Swearengen: "Does it occur to you, banging repeatedly on the fucking wall, either I'm not in, which makes what you are doing stupid, or, being in, I don't wanna see you, which makes you a pain in my balls?" Clearly, NOA doesn't want to open the door for you. What's more funny is that you're even knocking on the wrong door, man, so give it a rest. Or, to be more precise, give us a rest.

Mine is jollier

No, because I keep questioning the logic behind their reasoning. Perhaps they know all of these are widely requested and so they drop feed us the lesser knowns to keep us coming back to check.

Let's move on. I'm going to make a bigger thread about all of this sooner or later anyways.

we should try to compile a MUST-BUY (with DDP even though there's no sale) list
- I would really appreciate such a list
- so many Physical Retail games I would get on the eShop if they would just go on sale... like any sale (Pikmin 3, etc)

I highly suggest Captain Toad. This game is wonderfully charming. My favorite game of the year. No other company would make a game such as this; and for that I'll always be a Nintendo fan.

No, because I keep questioning the logic behind their reasoning.
The key word being "keep..." Over and over... In the wrong place, even. You do know this isn't an official NOA sanctioned thread, right? No one is listening, not even the other posters for the most part, not even the ones that would normally agree with you. Insert quote about crazyness and doing the same thing over and over... I don't have a problem with people complaining about stuff they don't like, but the constant repetition is incredibly annoying, and by now, I don't know what's worse, the VC situation or your posts about it.

jholmes

No, because I keep questioning the logic behind their reasoning. Perhaps they know all of these are widely requested and so they drop feed us the lesser knowns to keep us coming back to check.

Let's move on. I'm going to make a bigger thread about all of this sooner or later anyways.

You know, some people get banned and think about what they've done.

Glass Joe

Do I seriously need wii points?
Yeah. They're not going to change their old shop interface this late in the game, I'm afraid. You can still use a credit card in there to get points, just be aware it's nigh impossible to not have some left over with the increments they use.

We all do. There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't have a love hate relationship with Nintendo with regard to virtual console.

Anyways. Curious to see how they handle Duck Hunt. Won't the pointer be too slow compared to the original?

Too slow? I don't see why. You can tell from footage that there is now an aiming reticule, at least while using the Wii Remote. I am speculating that you can use the analog stick or stylus too. I'm also thinking those other Zapper games like Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley will see their way to VC (yawn).

Yeah I was excited to see that. I don't know why NOA throws a party for mega man but not donkey kong. Yanno the character that started it all for Nintendo here in America. Let's ignore that guy and concentrate on a character where the owner doesn't even care about him.

I woulda almost bet money that Donkey Kong Country 1-3 was going to be an X-mas day release. Instead we'll get Duck Hunt. Maybe they're going to start the new year with a bang by releasing one each week (or month, along with other stuff). Logically, they'd want to release big VC games in the slow winter months when there's not much else new retail or even indie, to keep people coming to the shop. Keep in mind I said logically, in a situation where I know logic doesn't often apply.

I really wanna see some Square Enix stuff, myself. I'm just a bit worried that if and when it DOES finally come, the screen shot feature will be turned off like they are in Japan for some unexplained reason.

Oh, and although the handling of VC does warrant occasional complaining, I do feel it's more productive to do so on the Club Nintendo surveys. Hopefully others are giving feedback that way too (even if they simply file it in the circular bin, it's somewhere official).

Maybe they'll surprise release DKC1-3 starting on Christmas.

And then one day get off their ass and give me my favorite GBA game of all time, Zero Mission.

pariah164

I think I done fucked up.

So, funny story: I'm getting the Persona Q 3DS XL for Christmas, and I thought that it would be a Great Idea to just copy everything from my current 3DS XL SD card to my PC so there would be a backup in case something fucked up during the system transfer. So, shut down my 3DS, put my SD card into my PC, copied over the content, ejected it properly, put it back in my 3DS...

Cut and paste. I cut and pasted everything. Fuck.

In a panic, I shut down my 3DS again, COPIED everything this time, put it back in the 3SD... It can't get my backup save data. None of it. It says backup data does not exist, despite the fact I KNOW it's in the SD card, in folders.

I am on the verge of tears. I cannot believe I fucked up THIS badly. Just curious, am I fully screwed? Or is there a way to save myself?

L~A

I don't get it... you just made a back-up, right? So you just copied the files on the PC?

If yes, there shouldn't have been any problem at all. Personally, I've already switched SD Cards several times and never got any problem so I don't understand why just copying data from your SD card should've caused any problem, especially since you didn't even change SD Cards.

Just wait a bit and try again in a few minutes. May be just be the SD Card derping or something.

pariah164

I don't get it... you just made a back-up, right? So you just copied the files on the PC.
Yes, that's what I meant to do. However, I CUT the files from the card and copied them to the PC the first time. Did not realize my mistake until I put the SD card back into my 3DS and nothing showed up.

Yeah, that sounds really odd. Does the 3DS use Hidden files at all, and is your PC set to view those?
I don't know. And yes, my PC is set to view Hidden files.

JoeM86

Really, a cut is no different to a copy with the resulting files. The stuff should appear when you copy for cut content back onto the card

L~A

Aaaaah. Yeah, now that explains it.

One thing you should do: right click > properties on the folder where you put the stuff from your SD Card.

Then do the same for your SD Card and check the number of files.

Normally, there should be more files on your PC, since it seems some stuff didn't get carried over.

Whatever happens, one thing to keep in mind when dealing with SD Cards: never ever use cut... never.

Hope it'll all work itself somehow in the end.

pariah164

Really, a cut is no different to a copy with the resulting files. The stuff should appear when you copy for cut content back onto the card
That's what I thought, but when I put the card back in the system after replacing everything... no dice. No backup files found.

... I feel the need to mention I did re-download a game, thinking I needed to do that, BEFORE realizing my mistake of cut and paste and putting everything back on the SD card.

EDIT: The moment when I realize this probably affected my Streetpass data as well... ;_;

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – €59.99 / £49.99
TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark – €59.99 / £49.99
Spy Chameleon – €4.99 / £4.49 (€3.99 / £3.59 EnjoyUp loyalty price for users who own 99 Seconds, Abyss, Darts Up, Rock Zombie or Unepic on the same Wii U.)

Wii U Virtual Console
Duck Hunt – €4.99 / £3.49 Wii Remote required to play. This is the US version of the game.
Kuru Kuru Kururin – €6.99 / £6.29
Mega Man Zero – €6.99 / £6.29
Mario Party Advance – €6.99 / £6.29

3DS
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – €39.99 / £29.99
TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark – €39.99 / £29.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze – €39.99 / £29.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – €39.99 / £29.99
Brutus & Futée © – €6.99 / £6.29
PUZZLEBOX setup – €2.99 / £2.69
Best of Mahjong – €1.99 / £1.49
Best of Solitaire – €2.99 / £2.49
WRC FIA World Rally Championship The Official Game Demo

3DS Themes
? Block – €1.99 / £1.79
Bountiful Boos – €1.99 / £1.79
Completely Goomba – €1.99 / £1.79
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome to 2015 – €1.99 / £1.79

============
Price Reductions

Wii U
Super Mario 3D World™ (Nintendo) €39.99 / £34.99 / CHF51.90 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Assassin's Creed® III (Ubisoft) €9.99 / £7.99 / CHF13.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag €14.99 / £9.99 / CHF19.70 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Marvel Avengers™: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF6.50 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Rabbids® Land (Ubisoft) €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF6.50 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Rayman® Legends (Ubisoft) €14.99 / £11.99 / CHF19.70 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Sports Connection (Ubisoft) €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF6.50 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft) €9.99 / £6.49 / CHF13.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
ZombiU™ (Ubisoft) €9.99 / £7.99 / CHF13.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Just Dance® 2015 €29.99 / £22.49 / CHF37.49 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Watch_Dogs™ (Ubisoft) €39.99 / £33.49 / CHF49.99 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Cloudberry Kingdom (Ubisoft) €4.89 / £3.89 / CHF6.90 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Child of Light™ (Ubisoft) €4.89 / £3.89 / CHF6.90 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Knytt Underground™ (Ripstone Publishing) €4.45 / £3.99 / CHF6.50 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Pure Chess® (Ripstone Publishing) €2.99 / £2.49 / CHF4.25 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games) €4.89 / £4.29 / CHF6.70 until 15.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Stick it to the Man™ €3.99 / £3.49 / CHF5.25 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.49 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Toki Tori 2 + (Two Tribes Publishing) €2.99 / £2.49 / CHF3.99 until 07.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

3DS
AERO PORTER™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Bravely Default™ (Nintendo) €29.99 / £25.99 / CHF38.70 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
BUGS vs. TANKS!™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
CRIMSON SHROUD™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
escapeVektor (Nnooo) €3.49 / £2.99 / CHF4.99 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
LIBERATION MAIDEN™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Mindfeud (Engine Software) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.75 until 31.12.2014, 23:59 UTC
Pure Chess® (Ripstone Publishing) €2.99 / £2.49 / CHF4.25 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
THE STARSHIP DAMREY™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

L~A

Fuck yeah sales that aren't the usual shovelware!

Fixed that for you.

Think I'm gonna get Weapon Shop. Was meaning to get it earlier, but got swallowed by upcoming releases. Still got a big backlog, but at that price, can't really pass.

daydream

Banned
Duck Hunt and (maybe) Mario Party Advance for me since I already own everything else worth owning. Oh, I suppose I'll wait for Spy Chameleon impressions, as well. Looks kinda neat.

+1 to Kururin hype, everyone should buy it!

Empty

what a beautiful gesture by nintendo

sharing the joy of kuru kuru kururin on christmas

some people will sadly be alone, but they can have kururin easily accessible on the big screen and that's what matters. other people can spread the word of kururin to their friends, family and loved ones to increase general joviality and festivity and deepen bonds when they too come to appreciate the joy of kururin. when some family members want to watch a horrible christmas film, you can flip kururin onto the gamepad and spin away. you've had a lot to drink, everyone can watch you fumble over kururin. stressing out over your christmas dinner, chill out for a bit with kururin. not sure what present to get, kururin. kururin. kururin. kururin.

GRW810

Duck Hunt, Knytt Underground, Child of Light, Starship Damrey, Liberation Maiden...

...Nintendo, it's Christmas week and I'm broke. WHY?!

Doczu

Holy shit nice overall sale!
Guys, i'm tempted to grab Assassins Cree III. I've just played once the first one. Don't remember much. Is this game any good?

And look at those 3DS games for 2.99 euro. Crimson Shroud? Liberation Maiden? Good god my wallet will cry :(

Orgen

Very good price for child of light, buy it people!

Not so good price with bravely default but nice to see that Nintendo is making sales with its titles.

Anyone knows the size of Rahman legends? Thanks!

L~A

Pics of the themes:

B5c_X2uCMAIlWf_.jpg:large

B5c_X-ZCcAAgPya.jpg:large

B5c_YFpCMAE0KSJ.jpg:large

No pic for the ? theme yet, for some reason.

Guess what I download last week? Bravely Default :lol: At least I didn't get Weapon shop as well (if only that were the other way round) and I didn't pay £40 for Bravely Default either.

Seeing Kuru Kuru Kurin makes me wonder in Napoleon will even come out outside of Japan. It did get a French localisation back in the day. NOE probably wouldn't want to pay a PEGI rating for a game only sold on the French and Swiss eShop though.

Katsuragi

Knytt Underground is one of my favorite eShop games. It's definitely not for everybody, but I would recommend it to fans of exploration and (somewhat) tricky platforming!

m0t0k1

After seeing AC4 in the steam sale for €7,50 i always find it hard to swallow to pay double just to get it on another platform. If it was 7,50 i would have bought it. I'll probably grab Child of Light for that price. People who haven't checked Kuru Kuru Kururin need to grab that too!

Doczu

Double? ACIII is 7.99 while ACIV is 9.99. I'd say the little extra for IV is well worth it.

My bad. ACIII for 10 euro and Black Flag for 15. I thought it was for 19.99 :p Ok, so i'll buy that one.

Toki Tori, Child of Light and maybe Rayman and ACIV for Wii U and a bunch of level-5 stuff for the 3DS. I can't remember when i bought as much stuff the last time...

JoeM86

Yet again nothing I want from the sales, and how is 25-30 Pounds a 'sale'?

Because it's reduced from standard price.

Just because Steam Sales lop like 90% off a price, aiding in the devaluing of the industry, doesn't mean that's all a sale can be.

maxcriden

Mine is jollier

Yeah I'm not sure what's Jolly about mine. Just super atmospheric!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx6nOkdeNKs

Yours has a pretty good song, too, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0wbpQPuHs

This week, in Europe

Wii U Virtual Console
Kuru Kuru Kururin – €6.99 / £6.29

============
Price Reductions

Wii U
Child of Light™ (Ubisoft) €4.89 / £3.89 / CHF6.90 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

I hope we get Kururin. I was just thinking about picking up the GBA carts yesterday. I hope we get a COL sale in NA. Scram Kitty, I hope a lot of people consider picking up for that price.

Come on, NOA, you owe us this one. >:|

Interesting! The original GBA game didn't come to the US, so I'm curious to see whether NoA will release the Virtual Console version in North America.

I really hope so, but I'm skeptical they will. They haven't been eager to bring over too many PAL-exclusive games of late IIRC.

Very good price for child of light, buy it people!

Not so good price with bravely default but nice to see that Nintendo is making sales with its titles.

Anyone knows the size of Rahman legends? Thanks!

I looked it up for you and I'm seeing results from 6.73 to 7.24 GB.

maxcriden

Do I seriously need wii points?

You can use a CC as Glass Joe mentioned. It's really hard to find actual Wii Points cards these days. I don't think TG-16 games are coming to Wii U in NA anytime soon, and I suspect a lot of them, like Neutopia, will be right up your alley. :)

--

Ah, dang, double post. Sorry. Still waking up.

Top Bottom