• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

maxcriden

So my current thought process is to submit my Game stuff to PEGI by Sunday Dec 28th. So that gives me a little less then week to confirm what I'll name the game.

ZaciSa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension!

I think I like "ZaciSa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" most so far, just for the absurdity of it all. :lol

Any options, comments, suggestions, likes?

This is my fave. I think it would be great without the ZaciSa, but I like it either way (sorry, the alternating caps is just a grammatical pet peeve of mine).

maxcriden

Teeempting, but I already have SMB1 NES on 3DS and would probably prefer getting SMB2J NES version as well, just biding my time for a sale or Club Nintendo reward.

Is this the good one on Game Boy?

You might be thinking of this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2012/01/bionic_commando_3dsvc

But that one's been out since 12/2011. This one:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/bionic_commando_elite_forces_gbc

Is the one mentioned above. Supposed to be good, too.

--

Double post again. Sorry. :(

also

Banned
I'm considering the following stuff on sale right now, any suggestions?

Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games | $3.99 until 01/01, then $7.99).

Chain Blaster (G-Style | $2.99 until 12/31, then $6.99)
Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios | $3.49 until 01/01)
Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy Games | $1.99 until 01/01, then $2.99)
Grinsia (Nicalis | $4.99 until 01/05, then $10.00)
The Legend of Dark Witch (Circle Ent. | $2.79 until 01/08)

Chain Blaster is probably a definite, Grinsia seems less appealing now that I have an iPad and Kemco has plenty of SNES-style JRPGs to scratch that itch, but if it's really good I can grab it. Dark Witch is probably definite too, but I wish Circle would consider actually using the 3D on the 3DS at some point (assuming this doesn't based on past purchases).

Out of those I only played Armillo and I highly recommend it.
It's a very varied platformer with a lot of content and some really awesome 2D levels.

GulAtiCa

This is my fave. I think it would be great without the ZaciSa, but I like it either way (sorry, the alternating caps is just a grammatical pet peeve of mine).

Yeah, I may get rid of the silly alt-caps for the title. haha.

Thinking of keeping "Zacisa"/"ZaciSa" just so easier for people to tell they are the same game. I don't know what I'd replace it with, if I did get rid of it.

foltzie1

Thinking of keeping "Zacisa"/"ZaciSa" just so easier for people to tell they are the same game. I don't know what I'd replace it with, if I did get rid of it.

Are there any good strategy guides for your game? I stink on the first map.

Called the customer support line, where there's a specific option to select to transfer content from one system to another. After this, I explained my situation to the rep and he asked me for my NNID and the serial number from the new 3DS. (He paused for a moment and said, 'Ok, let me your serial number from your old 3DS,'--I told him no need I had it written down.) He then restated back to me what I wanted him to do, which I confirmed for him. He then asked to verify by either telling him my Club Nintendo login or telling him a few purchases I had made on my old 3DS...he told me the more obscure the better, so I told him Shin Megami Tensei IV, a couple GameGear VC games and a few G-Style indie games. He said OK and then asked if I had DSiWare content tied to the console, which I did and he said OK, we'll recover that as well.

He restated my aim again, by saying "So you want to merge NNIDs and then migrate the old NNID to your new 3DS with ______ serial number, from your old 3DS with ______ serial number and the DSi content associated with it?"

I said yes, he told me I would receive an email within 24-48 hours detailing the last step I needed to take and to keep an eye out for that. I said ok, hung up and then ended receiving three emails shortly thereafter.

-One saying they were deleting my NNID
-A Second, about 2 hours later, saying that my issue had been resolved and to log back in.
-And a third asking me to take a survey, which I did.

That's really handy! That means that Nintendo has a sizable investment in customer service, trying to keep Wii U owners happy! I like the sound of that.

maxcriden

I just feel like...ugh I hate to rag on this point because I don't want to be down on your title or be a broken record, but: I think Zacisa is too unusual of a name for the title. It doesn't roll off the tongue for me and it sounds outré to me but not in that charmingly offbeat way you often associate with Pokémon or Tomodachi. Likely because I'm acculturated to thinking Japanese words are charming because they've been used for VG names before, surely.

So it might just be my own bias, but I want to see your game succeed in the way it deserves to (so, immensely!) and I feel like the name is a hindrance because it obfuscates what the game is, and potentially confuses the customer. If it was Zacisa's Restaurant, for example, I would wonder what kind of 'raunt it was, and if it was Zacisa's Italian Restaurant, I would know what kind of place it was but the name itself wouldn't draw me in. I dunno, I'm sorry to ramble here. I just really feel like a name is crucial to drawing people in (no pun intended) and something about "ZaciSa" just puts me off. :-/ Sorry man, I mean well; I promise!

terrisus

Teeempting, but I already have SMB1 NES on 3DS and would probably prefer getting SMB2J NES version as well, just biding my time for a sale or Club Nintendo reward.

The added challenges in SMB DX are great.

The zoomed-in screen does suck though >.>

Like it has been pointed out Darksiders 2 is now been sold for 7.99. This is 2 dollars less than the first sale.

From what i heard is not such a good port, maybe for someone curious about the Gamepad implementation.

Also, are offers expected before years end?

You might be thinking of this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2012/01/bionic_commando_3dsvc

But that one's been out since 12/2011. This one:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/bionic_commando_elite_forces_gbc

Is the one mentioned above. Supposed to be good, too.
I just remember one being decent and the other being poor; going by the previews you linked I'm thinking the GBC one was the poor one.

But yeah, we need the NES version on 3DS.

And Rearmed on Wii U, just because it's the best retro remake EVER.

TheMoon

I just remember one being decent and the other being poor; going by the previews you linked I'm thinking the GBC one was the poor one.

But yeah, we need the NES version on 3DS.

And Rearmed on Wii U, just because it's the best retro remake EVER

This is the best case for desperately needing Metroid Zero Mission on VC anyone has presented yet.

GulAtiCa

Well, you've got my vote :D

Hmm. Only issue is it sounds a little like a generic title. Added to my list to consider anyways.

Might just keep "Zacisa" there. Know not a favorite, but I feel like getting rid of the main "name" will make it worse, if i can't think of a better "title" part of it.

maxcriden

Hmm. Only issue is it sounds a little like a generic title. Added to my list to consider anyways.

It's a *bit* generic, yes, but I think with a snazzy logo and that exclamation point--and the fact that there's no other similar title--it could catch some eyes. I know it's silly, but the exclamation point does work. It worked on me with "Attack of the Friday Monsters!" for one. :)

terrisus

Might just keep "Zacisa" there. Know not a favorite, but I feel like getting rid of the main "name" will make it worse, if i can't think of a better "title" part of it.

It at least looks better with standard casing >.>

Boogiepop

So Emily Rogers just tweeted the following:

Aw yiss
mother
fucking
pinball

That is indeed a good week set up there for Christmas, and I appreciate it and all... but Pinball's the only one of those I'm probably going to grab personally, and this pretty much confirms no DKC before the Deluxe program runs out. Not a huge deal and still good that we're getting stuff, just a bit disappointing.

maxcriden

That is indeed a good week set up there for Christmas, and I appreciate it and all... but Pinball's the only one of those I'm probably going to grab personally, and this pretty much confirms no DKC before the Deluxe program runs out. Not a huge deal and still good that we're getting stuff, just a bit disappointing.

That's how I feel too. I'd just like...some word on when the DKCs are comin'.

Keep the Zacisa (with or without the caps), it sounds cool

Chrom

More eShop sales going on in NA:

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Winter Sports - Feel the Spirit - $5.99 thru 1/11 (was $9.99)
[Wii U] Darksiders II - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Jeopardy! - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Wheel of Fortune - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)

More eShop sales going on in NA:

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Winter Sports - Feel the Spirit - $5.99 thru 1/11 (was $9.99)
[Wii U] Darksiders II - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Jeopardy! - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Wheel of Fortune - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)

Jesus what a deal on Darksiders.

GulAtiCa

Keep the Zacisa (with or without the caps), it sounds cool

Yeah, I agree. Will go over better in advertising for it too I think. What I need to do is better establish what "Zacisa" is. As always meant to be an empire (Zacisa Empire) of sorts under attack from some kind of universal conquest. Would help if I expand and make it clear.

So so far, I'm leaning to: Zacisa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension! Though is little on long side haha

terrisus

Is it really good? How are the answers/questions? Off-TV play?

I honestly haven't really spent enough time with it to give meaningful feedback on it.
Was mainly just looking for a newer version of Jeopardy to supplant Jeopardy! 64 and Jeopardy!: Jr. Edition for NES

terrisus

What I need to do is better establish what "Zacisa" is. As always meant to be an empire (Zacisa Empire) of sorts under attack from some kind of universal conquest. Would help if I expand and make it clear.

As someone who hasn't played the game
(I'm sorry =( I did download the demo when you put it up, just haven't tried it yet)
I had assumed that was the name of a player character or something (which now makes me realize I was drawing a "Custer's Last Stand" comparison with the original's title).

donny2112

I honestly haven't really spent enough time with it to give meaningful feedback on it.
Was mainly just looking for a newer version of Jeopardy to supplant Jeopardy! 64 and Jeopardy!: Jr. Edition for NES

Looks like it does have Off-TV play in Single-Player. Hmmm. If I'm just under 500 in DDP after this weekend, may have to give it a go!

Play in single player mode with the Wii U GamePad or connect your Wii U to the TV and play as a family

Yeah, I agree. Will go over better in advertising for it too I think. What I need to do is better establish what "Zacisa" is. As always meant to be an empire (Zacisa Empire) of sorts under attack from some kind of universal conquest. Would help if I expand and make it clear.

So so far, I'm leaning to: Zacisa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension! Though is little on long side haha

Go for it, maybe without the 's though

Timeaisis

Alright, GAF. Need a 3DS eshop recommendation for my vacation. Some of you know my taste. $20 limit. Yes, I played Shovel Knight already.

I like platformers, puzzlees, and rpgs. :)

Kind of eying Shantae orInazuma 11, but the price seems high. Also willing to go VC stuff, if the price is right. Any deals right now?

Alright, GAF. Need a 3DS eshop recommendation for my vacation. Some of you know my taste. $20 limit. Yes, I played Shovel Knight already.

Kind of eying Shantae orInazuma 11, but the price seems high. Also willing to go VC stuff, if the price is right. Any deals right now?

Inazuma will be on sale in two days for xmas.
50% off so $10.

My recommendations are:

Crimson Shroud - also will be on sale this week for $2.99

Tappingo 1 and 2 are cheap and fun.

Denpa Men 3 if you like dungeon crawling

And my sleeper hit for the year Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Grab Crimson Shroud on Christmas if you don't have it. It'll be on sale for $2.99.

maxcriden

Bizarrely, in Japan you can now download Up, the Pixar film, to your 3DS for 3240 yen ($27).

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244209-japan-disney-s-up-now-available-for-download

Pushmo, dude, Pushmo!

Top Bottom